PDA

View Full Version : Exception Devmode....

Chizzle110
September 2nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
I have a really bad problem....I can't use devmode. So when i put dev mode in the command line parameter. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -console -devmode

When i type that and start halo its makes a exception...HELP:(

Pooky
September 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1099

Chizzle110
September 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
I can't use it
Its has a virus when i download it.

Second of all the problem is that when i put the devmode command in halo it causes a exception.

ALSO i found out the devmode halo ce.exe has been removed. Could that be the problem?

Jay2645
September 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
I can't use it

Second of all the problem is that when i put the devmode command in halo it causes a exception.

ALSO i found out the devmode halo ce.exe has been removed. Could that be the problem?
1. There is no viruses, Dennis unzips, tests, and rezips everything. He would never upload anything with a virus. It's most likely just your anti-virus software acting up because the Devmode program is trying to access Halo, and it sees this as a possible computer hijack attempt.
2. You must be doing it wrong, use Bitter's.
3. No, that's not a problem (I think), see above.

Gamerkd16
September 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
I can't use it

A good thing to know, when you get this working, is that if you are in a server that isn't yours and the game ends, turn off AllDev. If AllDev is on when the game ends, you will get an exception error for that.

Chizzle110
September 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Ok but i would never accuse Dennis i no there isn't a virus but my Windows One care Live but it won't let me use it.

Syuusuke
September 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
Oh Windows Live Care >.>

You can't allow exceptions in it?

Patrickssj6
September 3rd, 2007, 06:57 AM
Chizzle, I have the same exact problem. Funny thing is I knew the solution once...a long time ago.

Try a different UI maybe that'll help. :)

p0lar_bear
September 3rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
Delete init.txt from your Halo CE directory, or rename it.

Patrickssj6
September 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
Delete init.txt from your Halo CE directory, or rename it.
Now I suddenly remember ^^ :p

Chizzle110
September 3rd, 2007, 02:37 PM
ok let me try that