PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] SARGE.

JDMFSeanP
September 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc135/elguapo1991/ilmH3_sarge_bustblk.jpg

Spartan 1 armor?

Source:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/articles/20070823-cha racterbios.htm (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/articles/20070823-characterbios.htm)

Aren't those the same descriptions as the leaked manual?

Con
September 3rd, 2007, 06:50 PM
It's not spartan armour

Jay2645
September 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Sure looks like it.
Sarge was a Spartan 1, so THAT's how he survived a giant explosion from the engines of a ship detonating and blowing up the world under his feet...
And THAT's why the Flood didn't get him...
And that's why if you kill in on a level, he comes back later...
(Yes, I know the real answers to all 3 of those [OK, 2 out of 3], I'm just having some fun.)

Kornman00
September 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
But still mighty beefy

Master Chief is the last of the Spartan II soldiers
I'm pretty sure one or two of them are still left. Wasn't there one with the SIIIs on that Shield World?

Jay2645
September 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
I believe there was not just one, but 5 or 6, and Dr. Hasley, inventor of the Spartan II program, and Cortana. Cortana's chosen form looks like Dr. Hasley, for a reference of what she looks like.

TeeKup
September 3rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'm confused. In which book does it say that sarge is a spartan 1?

teh lag
September 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
I'm confused. In which book does it say that sarge is a spartan 1?

It's never directly confirmed, but the HGN provides extremely compelling evidence.

Stealth
Spartan 1s were trained back in Sparta, spartan 2s are the spartans in Halo, I don't know why some of you people don't get this fact.

JDMFSeanP
But still mighty beefy

I'm pretty sure one or two of them are still left. Wasn't there one with the SIIIs on that Shield World?

It was 5 or 6 at teh start of the book, and I think two or so died, so 3-4.

And I'm not talking about him being a spartan II, I mean a spartan I, And spartan I wouldn't be biological soldiers, they would have just been super trained soldiers with special armor, as its obvious chemical testing was first tried with the spartan II's. You can't deny that his armor looks spartan.

Jay2645
No evidence of Sarge being a Spartan I, just this photo. We know nothing about the Spartan Is, just the Spartan IIs. Sarge could have been one, we don't know.

Jay2645
September 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Spartan 1s were trained back in Sparta, spartan 2s are the spartans in Halo, I don't know why some of you people don't get this fact.
No, Spartan Is are mentioned in the book The Fall of Reach. They were trained just before the Spartan IIs, and the Spartan IIIs were trained just after the Spartan IIs.

teh lag
September 3rd, 2007, 07:14 PM

You could not be any more wrong. The book Fall of Reach EXPLICITLY states that there was a Spartan-I project codenamed Project Orion or something similar.

Edit : Jay... not just "a few years," try more like 30 or so. I'll look in my book for the exact quotation.

JDMFSeanP
September 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM

You seriously fail at jokes.

JDMFSeanP
September 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Spartan_I

Read up.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Graphic_Novel_Pg122

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
>.> who says I was joking? and I don't remember reading over any text saying any thing about spartan 1s in the book other then the spartans of sparta, but if lag says there is some text, then fine by me, maybe I need to dig out the book and read it over a few more times.

Jay2645
September 3rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
I read the book a while ago, it's expected I make a couple errors. Thanks for correcting me.

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
yea, thanks Sean for showing me those 2 links, I might of skiped over the line of text that said those, I've done it once or twic.
Edit | oh and I got a feeling in the next Halo novel we're going to learn more about the spartan ones after reading over the 2nd link Sean posted.

ImSpartacus
September 3rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/ORION_Project

i doubt the s1's had armor, thats just johnson's armor.

Zeph
September 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
That's just the Halo 3 marine armor.

Spartan 1 armor?
According to the book or the ILB drama (I cant remember if the girl's parents talked about it in one of the episodes or not) the armor was a powered suit, just like the armor used in the Halo 1 game.

Kornman00
September 3rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
You know, the "first" Spartans may have been the REAL Spartans remember...(ie, 300)
EDIT: Nvm, forgot about the ILB story line.

Guess we'll find out come Oct.

Zeph
September 3rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
You can't deny that his armor looks spartan.
Yeah, there's this thing called design language. The MC falls under human. Marines fall under human. You starting to see the connection now?

JDMFSeanP
September 3rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
I don't ever remember marine armor being spartan green, or having elaborate shoulder armor.

Roostervier
September 3rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Sure looks like it.
Sarge was a Spartan 1, so THAT's how he survived a giant explosion from the engines of a ship detonating and blowing up the world under his feet...
And THAT's why the Flood didn't get him...
And that's why if you kill in on a level, he comes back later...
(Yes, I know the real answers to all 3 of those [OK, 2 out of 3], I'm just having some fun.)
They didn't get him because of a rare disease he got from over exposure to plasma... What are you talking about? Or, at least, something similar to that.

[edit] If you read the book, First Strike, you'd know he made it off Halo on a pelican, too.

I don't ever remember marine armor being spartan green, or having elaborate shoulder armor. Spartan green? I believe it's called olive drab. :X

They were that color in Halo 2 weren't they?

Hotrod
September 3rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
I don't ever remember marine armor being spartan green, or having elaborate shoulder armor.

Welcome to Halo 3.

In Halo 2, they had Spartan green-ish armor, and now they changes it so it looks cooler.

DaneO'Roo
September 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Holy crap he looks great ;D

JDMFSeanP
September 3rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
They didn't get him because of a rare disease he got from over exposure to plasma... What are you talking about? Or, at least, something similar to that.

[edit] If you read the book, First Strike, you'd know he made it off Halo on a pelican, too.

Spartan green? I believe it's called olive drab. :X

They were that color in Halo 2 weren't they?

Read the two wiki links in my post above to learn more about how that Borins Syndrome (Plasma Exposure) was used as a cover-up.

Huero
September 3rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
I don't believe that S-Is had MJOLNIR Armor or anything similiar.

Zeph
September 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
AT's how he survived a giant explosion from the engines of a ship detonating and blowing up the world under his feet...
I cant tell if you're joking or if you're totally clueless. If you are clueless, get someone to teach you a bit about easter eggs in games.

I don't believe that S-Is had MJOLNIR Armor or anything similiar.
Read the books. They had it, but their bodies couldn't handle it. Hence, the series two skeletal augmentations.

Flyboy
September 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
"Whats an aspect ratio? It's the shape and proportion of your screen fool!"

Huero
September 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Well Zeph, all I have to say to that is that I didn't, you know, REMEMBER it.
And yes, that and the fact the models preceding the Mk V weren't very useful on the battlefield.

JDMFSeanP
September 3rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Read the books. They had it, but their bodies couldn't handle it. Hence, the series two skeletal augmentations.

The bodies that couldn't handle the suits to my knowledge was the Spartan II suit testing when the marine tried it on and then tried to move and totally ripped himself apart. (sorry if I'm mistaken on the part of the book you are talking about).

And I looked at more screens, whoever said that is marine armor is right, man they look badass.

Jay2645
September 3rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
I cant tell if you're joking or if you're totally clueless. If you are clueless, get someone to teach you a bit about easter eggs in games.

I've read all 4 books and the Graphic Novel, I know that was an Easter Egg. Hence the disclaimer under my post.

Roostervier
September 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Read the two wiki links in my post above to learn more about how that Borins Syndrome (Plasma Exposure) was used as a cover-up.
1) That is not official.
2) If it were to be the truth, how would being a Spartan I prevent the sergeant from being infected by the flood? If you remember from the second book, The Flood, one almost infected the chief but Cortana had saved him. So, what base does that explanation have? Being a Spartan I would in no way prevent that kind of thing.

jngrow
September 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Wow. Spartan 1s? They are called spartans, they were led by Leonidas and assorted flavors.

Abdurahman
September 3rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Actually the Leonidas spartans were Probably Spartan 0s lol.

Zeph
September 3rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Hence the disclaimer under my post.

OK, 2 out of 3
Wow! what a great disclaimer.

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 11:30 PM

don't forget that the mark 1 of that armor was a failer and was used as a biped fork-left, that is one thing I really remember from the books was that the mark 1 needed so much power that it needed a power cord to run the danm thing, so they used it to load and unload stuff from drop ships like a fork-lift would.

1) That is not official.
2) If it were to be the truth, how would being a Spartan I prevent the sergeant from being infected by the flood? If you remember from the second book, The Flood, one almost infected the chief but Cortana had saved him. So, what base does that explanation have? Being a Spartan I would in no way prevent that kind of thing.
it may not be official info, but hey, it was a good read.

Actually the Leonidas spartans were Probably Spartan 0s lol.
that could be.

TIA Gangsta
September 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
How did Sarge actually get out of Halo in time, whilst also hugging an Elite?

Agamemnon
September 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
How did Sarge actually get out of Halo in time, whilst also hugging an Elite?
He wasn't a major character in Halo 1, as that's pretty obvious how his model appears more than once in some levels, and he can be killed in those levels as well. S'matter of fact, on the level Truth and Reconciliation, he's no where to be found when everyone clears the dropship, yet he's giving the orders for everyone to get out, despite his speech would sound like as if he was right next to you yelling the orders. I'm sure the developers that did left after Halo 1 never planned for him to be nothing more then a hard-ass sergeant for humor purposes.

Of course, when the remaining developers saw how big Halo was going to be, I'm sure they stirred up the story development department to conjure something up. It's pretty obvious that what ever gibberish they have their writers barf out that people will eat it up as "genius," which is why this thread has blown up like it has, or any other minor press release that continues to build up hype for the game.

Kornman00
September 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM
What crawled up your ass and died this weekend Agay :|

Wait, I already know what you'll say, and it begins with a Halo 2...owait :downs:

moar comic, less immature bitching now kthx.

Atty
September 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM
shush kornman, /moar/ kissy kisyy, aggy /moary/ comie comic, and halo 3 /moar/ releasey leasy

/end thread/

Agamemnon
September 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM
What crawled up your ass and died this weekend Agay :|

Wait, I already know what you'll say, and it begins with a Halo 2...owait :downs:

moar comic, less immature bitching now kthx.
Sorry Korn, but the Halo series itself is not God. It's fun. That was the whole concept behind Halo 2. It wasn't to be groundbreaking except only in sales, and that's what Halo 3's purpose is as well. Sorry if you're so hot and bothered by it if someone doesn't drop their panties at the slightest to get reamed by marketing.

shush kornman, /moar/ kissy kisyy, aggy /moary/ comie comic, and halo 3 /moar/ releasey leasy

/end thread/
This man speaks the truth.

Minus comic. :gonk: