PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Tips for noobs.

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, here is you chance to give some new and some old members here inprove themselvs to become better members of the forums. Please note that I'm one of the "old" members that need some alot of help
please post you tips on how one can work on being a better member here are H2Vista.net, like if I was the member needing to inprove something that I don't do very well like spelling, you can post a tip here on how to inprove one's spelling.

Please post helpful tips, I wish to learn what you guys think some one like me needs to do to have a better chance of not being flamed.

teh lag
September 3rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
...speeling...

:fail:

I actually cringed when I saw that appear in your post. Twice.

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
sorry, I must of hit the wrong key at the wrong time, it happens, I fixed it.

Agamemnon
September 3rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Here's a tip: think before you post. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12693223&postRepeater1-p=2#12722604)

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Here's a tip for you - don't call anyone a pea-brain. I don't insult the size of your brain therefore you shouldn't insult the (assumed) size of my brain.

Here's a tip I'd like to share with everybody: "treat others as you would expect others to treat you". I sometimes refer to this ideology when dealing with others; however, sometimes it backfires on me. However, in some cases, I just give up on people that I attempt to apply this ideology to.

Agamemnon
September 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
You never will learn, will you? Seeing as the only language you seem to understand is the one you dish out to others, then how do you propose for others to say something that actually does get through to you? I'm done sugar coating things, especially for you.

Kornman00
September 3rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
See? A statement like this is exactly what I'm talking about. There's more effort in Minesweeper then there is in this port. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12693223&postRepeater1-p=2#12720014)
Wow. Jackass. I hope you die tonight Agame, that was just too low and uncalled for :|

Agamemnon
September 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Wow. Jackass. I hope you die tonight Agame, that was just too low and uncalled for :|
:smith:

DrunkenSamus
September 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Wait...HUH!? Did this just turn into a "hate" thread? Why are my Kornman senses tingling?

Stealth
September 3rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
wow, we got off topic with my little fight with agamemnon, oh well, back on topic please.

rossmum
September 3rd, 2007, 11:42 PM
Stealth, you never fucking learn, do you?

Here's a tip for new members: Use some fucking common sense. Don't come in here thinking you're hot shit and we actually care about who you are or what you've done or pay the slightest bit of attention to your opinions. Your reputation on some obscure clan site or overpopulated forum few of us care to visit means nothing here. You have to earn it. So don't come in all White Knight on our asses ranting about how the senior members/rep system/insert perfectly fair forum component here are/is corrupt; your reputation is earned. If you're a worthless shitbag, you'll be treated like one and it'll be reflected in your rep. If you're popular with the majority of users, you'll enjoy respect and a lot of pretty green bars. Contrary to the beliefs of a certain few - one of whom tried to start rep circles of their own, might I add - there are no rep circles active in any hidden 'conspiracy boards'. Rep circling ended within a few weeks of the site going live and had shit all effect on those involved, and the invisible sections - which nobody outside knew shit about, as much as they might like to think they do by posting out-of-context quotes and making idiotic assumptions - have been closed down for a few weeks now and won't be going back up, thanks to said people shitting up the forums with their theories on what went on in there. In addition, don't come crying to us about how us senior members are being assholes and flaming. If you post something shit and refuse to accept constructive criticism, which is by no means flaming, then you will likely find yourself on the wrong end of a well-deserved verbal bashing. Don't complain, because nobody cares and you'll just destroy your reputation even further.

However, feel free to disagree with us whenever you want - just do it in an intelligent and civil fashion, and things will go along just fine. You don't have to suck up to senior members and it annoys the shit out of us when people do so. You have an opinion, we have ours. Don't bandwagon.

Corgy
September 3rd, 2007, 11:44 PM
this thread is t3h ep1c winnage

Neuro Guro
September 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
this thread is t3h ep1c winnage

Including the kitchen sink.

SnaFuBAR
September 3rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Hint: Posting like you, Stealth. Hint: pretend you're not you, then post.

Mr Buckshot
September 4th, 2007, 12:00 AM
H2V forums are not the same as those clan forums where you've established yourself, Stealth. You want to be in here, you respect the rules, otherwise don't be here. I'm phrasing this as nicely as I possibly can.

This thread can be locked.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Here's a tip: think before you post. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12693223&postRepeater1-p=2#12722604)

I like him :|

also :lock:

Tweek
September 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM
this thread delivers!

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 02:34 AM
flames = delivers now?

rossmum
September 4th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I see no flames.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 05:14 AM
you didn't read the threads in agamenon's links then.

perhaps trolling is a better word? or flame baiting?

Kornman00
September 4th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Good thing I'm only a moderator in the Halo forums so I can't be blamed for letting these threads go on without rearing :downs:

rossmum
September 4th, 2007, 05:26 AM
you didn't read the threads in agamenon's links then.

perhaps trolling is a better word? or flame baiting?
First of all, those aren't on this site, so despite the fact he linked to them in his post, they're irrelevant. Second, as far as I can tell, Stealth provoked it... as per usual.

Either way, Stealth reacted here as well and that's worse than Aga linking to flames, as far as I'm concerned.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM
aggy was flame baiting by linking the posts IMO.

he could have easilly left them out of it.

Reaper Man
September 4th, 2007, 05:48 AM
here's a tip for you. don't call any one pea brain. I don't insualt the size of your brain, you don't insualt the believed size of mine, ok? ok.
and here is a tip for every one, try to treat others the way you want to be treated, I some times use this, but some times it back fires in my face, or I just give up on the person.
Hey, pea-brain, I will now list your spelling and grammatical errors, as the common practice of highlighting them in quotes doesn't seem to get through to you.
here's - Here's
don't - Don't
any one - anyone
insualt - insult
insualt - insult
ok - Ok/Okay.
and - And
And as the start of a sentence
every one - everyone
some times - sometimes
back fires - backfiresNow here is your post as it should appear when written by an educated person.

Here's a tip for you - don't call anyone a pea-brain. I don't insult the size of your brain therefore you shouldn't insult the (assumed) size of my brain.

Here's a tip I'd like to share with everybody: "treat others as you would expect others to treat you". I sometimes refer to this ideology when dealing with others; however, sometimes it backfires on me. However, in some cases, I just give up on people that I attempt to apply this ideology to.You obviously go to/have gone to school and studied English. Why not show us proof of that once in a while? While I'm at it, I'd like to add the fact that the size of one's brain is not much of a deciding factor in one's intelligence.

rossmum
September 4th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Amen to that.

aggy was flame baiting by linking the posts IMO.

he could have easilly left them out of it.
Just as easily as Stealth could've not taken the bait, like the time before and the time before that.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 06:32 AM
so the fact that stealth responded justifys his actions?

I'm not sure I like where that logic is going..

rossmum
September 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Where did I state anything even vaguely similar to that?

Seriously, where the fuck did you pull that shit from? :raise:

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Amen to that.

Just as easily as Stealth could've not taken the bait, like the time before and the time before that.

you stated that stealth not responding would have been as easy as it would have been for aggy to not post the links.

while this is true, the way you put it, it came across to me as though you were saying that the fact that stealth did take the bait made aggy's actions more acceptible.

Snowy
September 4th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Well, this thread went south...

Stealth
September 4th, 2007, 07:46 AM
agreed, and most spelling errors pointed out by reaper man has been fixed, and I'm locking this thread. And I didn't fall into agamemnon's trap, I'm the one kind of started it.