Enjoy

If you like my topics and vids please +rep me, I really need it
also, new link

High-rez link
http://rapidshare.com/files/53471535/owning_a_phantom.rar.html

Sever
September 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Enjoy

That I did. Whoever was playing as the Arbiter is now my hero: Fuel Rod Cannon AND Shotgun:awesome:!

Abdurahman
September 4th, 2007, 12:19 AM
That was fuckin awesome!:awesome: Tha scarab got owned. And those bright lights were cool.:iia:

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 12:20 AM
holy SHIT nice!

Con
September 4th, 2007, 12:43 AM
very nice!

ExAm
September 4th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Ownage, pure and simple. Sex on a disk. You can't deny this.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Meh tbh.

so he shot down a phantom?

Tweek
September 4th, 2007, 02:07 AM
yes, but it looks pretty.

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 02:19 AM
n00b, I'm getting mighty sick of you lately. Your turning into another Dice >_>

You have no appreciation for anything. While you look at it as a flash of pixels on your screen, we look at it as hard work and dedication, countless amount of time tweaking effects, getting the lighting right, the effects, the guys who sat down for hours on end making it look sexy. All the hardwork that goes into making that stuff, we appreciate.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I look at it as a game.

a game can be awesome without super slick real time shading, reflections mystical light maps etc if the gameplay is win.

mario.
/thread

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Yeah, but when there IS mystical silversex win, MOST people appreciate it.

It enhances the game.

If Halo 3 looked like Quake 1, but had the same gameplay, encounters and storyline as it does now, which would you prefer? Do you prefer it to look like it does now, or looking like, comparatively, shit.

As I thought.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I'd like the pretty one, however if the graphics come at the expense of gameplay (which happens to often), I'd take the quake one kthnx.

Not having played H3 IDK what the gameplay is like.

tbh I don't care that much about graphics.
/herasy.

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 05:08 AM
go back to NES emo

also, how the fuck can graphics come at a cost to gameplay?

If the graphics make your PC lag, therefore causing bad gameplay, yet people who run the game fine have great fun gameplay, thats a user problem. Upgrade.

The only way the gameplay of a game can suck, is if the gameplay of a game sucks. Graphics has nothing to do with it.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 05:13 AM
gosh, I'm sorry dano. I didn't mean to have an opinion that conflicted with yours :saddowns:

also nes is awesome.

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 05:18 AM
It's not opinion when it's not even marginally close to real fact.

If gameplay sucks, because of inferior hardware, thats a user problem.

If the gameplay sucks because the gameplay was made in a way that sucks, that's valid. Try the game on 360 before you make any assumptions.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 05:31 AM
way to edit your post while I was still typing mine >__>

all to often, people put emphasis on flashy graphics at the expense good gameplay (dev time gets put too much into one aspect than the other).

some games ballance it well and thier popular and awesome.
some don't and their considerd sexy but fail.
some fail on all counts :3

also I never said anywhere that halo 3's gameplay fails. that would be a stupid thing to say considering I've never played it.

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 07:31 AM
K then we agree, you drink aborted monkey fetus.

n00b1n8R
September 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM
K then we agree, you drink aborted monkey fetus.
sorry, did you lack a come back for my post?

if so then you could have just not posted instead of making yourself look like a douche bag :/

DaneO'Roo
September 4th, 2007, 07:55 AM
I did it for teh lulz, n00b. It was a JOKE. I wasn't serious.

Sever
September 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Dane, shut up and work on CMT's skins or Retina, n00b1n8r, go do... whatever you do. Seriously, this is getting nowhere, and is NOT amusing.

Reaper Man
September 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Reaper Man is not amused. but not rly :3

Skyline
September 4th, 2007, 09:05 AM
*Looks at avatar :awesome: I'm amused.

I'd like the pretty one, however if the graphics come at the expense of gameplay (which happens to often), I'd take the quake one kthnx.

Not having played H3 IDK what the gameplay is like.

When has halo ever had crappy gameplay, the multiplayer has always been good even from halo 1 to halo 2 it didn't change to be bad.

FRain
September 4th, 2007, 09:51 AM
^ IAWTP :downs:

TIA Gangsta
September 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Gotta love the Covenant explosions in Halo 3 =D

SnaFuBAR
September 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
n00b, you seriously need to shut up. You're not a game dev, so you have no idea what you're talking about. Take your theoretical, non-insightful drivel and walk out the door.

Kornman00
September 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
n00b, you seriously need to shut up. You're not a game dev, so you have no idea what you're talking about. Take your theoretical, non-insightful drivel and walk out the door.
Hai now, lets play nice you two >:|

You could have just left it at ":gtfo:" and PM'd him :rolleyes:

Rosco
September 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Yea. Halo 3 kinda reminds me of what the vision was they had for Halo 2 but couldn't quite do it because of limitations.

Except now it's better than what they wanted Halo 2 to be. :iia:

fatso784
September 4th, 2007, 02:14 PM
:neckbeard:You can't deny the sheer awesomeness of that vid.

Huero
September 4th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yea. Halo 3 kinda reminds me of what the vision was they had for Halo 2 but couldn't quite do it because of limitations.

Except now it's better than what they wanted Halo 2 to be. :iia:
yeah uh
they SAID that <_<
Also, awesome :>

Rosco
September 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
yeah uh
they SAID that <_<
Also, awesome :>

Yeah uh, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with agreeing. :)

Huero
September 4th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Just stating it, as it was a coincidence and I found it humorous. Don't know why, though.
Must be the sugar.

MNC
September 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Not really wanting to make another topic, I'll just barge into this one.

These might be spoilers for the faint of heart.
In a completely different video on Youtube...

It seems Miranda's voice has been changed D: Did the voice actress leave or something?

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM
TBh that didnt look all that special.

Warsaw
September 4th, 2007, 04:49 PM

It seems Miranda's voice has been changed D: Did the voice actress leave or something?

They swapped out the original voice actress from Halo 2 with someone different, to give her an accent of some kind. Not having watched any of the videos (I want to save the experience for the release), I don't know which accent it is.

OmegaDragon
September 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Wait, since when do brutes have jetpacks?

Con
September 4th, 2007, 05:59 PM
since h3

LlamaMaster
September 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
TBh that didnt look all that special.
I agree. To me it just looked as if the ship broke down into pre set pieces when it fell. :(

ExAm
September 4th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Doesn't sound any different to me :/

Masterz1337
September 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
IAWTP

leorimolo
September 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Updated with High rez link... please +rep me if you liked this upload
High-rez
http://rapidshare.com/files/53471535/owning_a_phantom.rar.html

n00b1n8R
September 5th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I smell a bucket of hate in this thread :saddowns:

bassically what llama said :/

Abdurahman
September 5th, 2007, 12:28 AM
More like a dump truck.

Botolf
September 5th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Getting 4 friends into campaign for some Phantom trophy hunting... priceless :awesome:

Rosco
September 5th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I agree. To me it just looked as if the ship broke down into pre set pieces when it fell. :(

It must be where the power goes out on it and it just falls because nothing is propelling it? Or someone scripted it to go like that. Maybe from different angles and weapons it blows up in different ways. :cool:

TIA Gangsta
September 5th, 2007, 12:18 PM
It must be where the power goes out on it and it just falls because nothing is propelling it? Or someone scripted it to go like that. Maybe from different angles and weapons it blows up in different ways. :cool:

Well come to think of it, when it exploded it looked exactly like someone in GoW being blown to pieces, except the parts are alot bigger and purple.

Pooky
September 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Meh... it looked good, but personally I don't want some huge-assed pile of phantom wreckage getting in my way. It was irritating enough in Halo 2 when I shot down an Enforcer. And I always thought the dropships being invincible in h1 and h2 changed the gameplay in a good way, you had to hide from them instead of taking them on like a psycho. One thing I wouldn't mind though, is being able to board a phantom or spirit and punch out the turrets... I guess I'll just have to wait and try it.

Jay2645
September 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Do you have any idea what a Phantom's guns can do at close range? MC would be dead in seconds if they open fire.
Though boarding one, jumping inside the dropship itself, incite the brutes to charge, and when they do, step out of the way so they go flying 100 feet to the ground or however high you are, and watch as they go splat would be interesting...
But how would you get down? D=

Warsaw
September 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Jump. The Mk. VI can take a mile drop to the ground.

Jay2645
September 5th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I thought in one of the novels MC didn't jump because it would cause internal bleeding...
Meh, whatever.

Warsaw
September 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Didn't stop Red Team during the Battle of REACH. It also didn't stop what's her face during testing of the Mk. VI.

Abdurahman
September 5th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I thought in one of the novels MC didn't jump because it would cause internal bleeding...
Meh, whatever.

Yeah, but the suits in The Battle Of Reach were Mark Vs, the same as in Halo 1, where you can get fall damage, because the Mark Vs weren't designed for you to fall down long distances. However, as Warsaw said, Mark VIs are designed to be able to survive long drops with no injury at all.

From Halo Wiki:
"The shield system of the suit was more powerful, eliminating both fire and falling damage. It also was stronger and had a faster recharge time, eliminating the risk of injury to some degree during a firefight."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJOLNIR#Mark_VI

Con
September 6th, 2007, 12:12 AM
fire resistant? D: ghey.

n00b1n8R
September 6th, 2007, 12:16 AM
You haven't played H2 yet?

ExAm
September 6th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah, but the suits in The Battle Of Reach were Mark Vs, the same as in Halo 1, where you can get fall damage, because the Mark Vs weren't designed for you to fall down long distances. However, as Warsaw said, Mark VIs are designed to be able to survive long drops with no injury at all.

From Halo Wiki:
"The shield system of the suit was more powerful, eliminating both fire and falling damage. It also was stronger and had a faster recharge time, eliminating the risk of injury to some degree during a firefight."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJOLNIR#Mark_VII've been meaning to edit that page for a while. There's no way a shield can stop your insides from jangling around and causing internal bleeding.

Abdurahman
September 6th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Cough, cough Well at least fall damage. Well then there has to be an explanation on how he doesnt get hurt.

n00b1n8R
September 6th, 2007, 12:36 AM
not really. he accelerates to a certain speed and he stops really quickly. theirs no way for the shield to "absorb" that impact because you still get the rapid decelleration (wich is essentially what falling and hitting something is).

Con
September 6th, 2007, 12:45 AM
You haven't played H2 yet?
I thought the fire resistance ingame was just lazy tagging. It makes our beloved flamethrower useless when it comes to roasting spartans.

n00b1n8R
September 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM
surely they woudln't have missed something like the fire?

I'm sure you could muck around with it and it'd work >_>
(I hope so D: )

Terry
September 6th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Oh...
I heard before that it was something in his feet that softened his fall...Never knew the shields were responsible for that. I mean, if his shields can withstand great heights, it should be able to take being hit by a ghost amirite?

Con
September 6th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Prolly a combo of armour/shields

Tweek
September 6th, 2007, 01:19 PM
falling damage: your shield could expand to about 2 meters below you, or hoever far is needed to give enough break-time to not-break on the inside, and then contract again, basically providing you with a 2 meter thick cushion.

OH SNAP.

Warsaw
September 6th, 2007, 02:59 PM
There is also an extensive hydrostatic system in the suit to cushion blows.

TeeKup
September 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
That was awesome.

n00b1n8R
September 7th, 2007, 12:48 AM
falling damage: your shield could expand to about 2 meters below you, or hoever far is needed to give enough break-time to not-break on the inside, and then contract again, basically providing you with a 2 meter thick cushion.

OH SNAP.

I'd like a way to do that at will please :awesome:
"oh look, a ghost is coming."
*supa shields*

I allways wonder how the shield can tell the difference between what you want let in (like a gun so you can hold it) and what you want kept out (like a bullet).

Dal
September 7th, 2007, 04:04 AM
In at least 1 of the novels it describes how his palms and feet have nearly no shielding.

Rosco
September 7th, 2007, 12:35 PM
In at least 1 of the novels it describes how his palms and feet have nearly no shielding.

That's his old armour, it's so he can walk and hold weapons lol.

Dunno how it works for the new armour.

Huero
September 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
No, it explains how he can adjust the shielding on his hands and feet to make it stronger or weaker. :eng101:

MNC
September 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, there was something about Chief sliding off the side of a Covenant Cruiser or something due to his shields :awesome:

Pooky
September 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I bet he amplifies the crotch shields abit...

ImSpartacus
September 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM
There is also an extensive hydrostatic system in the suit to cushion blows.

but a mile? u would hit terminal velocity at that point. and the terminal velocity of a half ton stuffed into such an aerodynamic dense mass (vs- high volume object) is fucking fast.

im not enough of a nerd to try to calculate it (u can, lol jk), but at that speed with that mass, its fucking suicide. i dont care if he has some spiffy water cushioning system, its not enough. sure the suit survives, and mc might not have any broken bones (i think that 'virtually indetructable' might get broken in this case anyway), but every tissue based part of his body (organs, muscle, etc) is finished.

n00b1n8R
September 7th, 2007, 11:09 PM
but a mile? u would hit terminal velocity at that point. and the terminal velocity of a one ton stuffed into such an aerodynamic dense mass (vs- high volume object) is fucking fast.

ftfy :eng101:

Botolf
September 8th, 2007, 01:47 AM
but a mile? u would hit terminal velocity at that point. and the terminal velocity of a half ton stuffed into such an aerodynamic dense mass (vs- high volume object) is fucking fast.

im not enough of a nerd to try to calculate it (u can, lol jk), but at that speed with that mass, its fucking suicide. i dont care if he has some spiffy water cushioning system, its not enough. sure the suit survives, and mc might not have any broken bones (i think that 'virtually indetructable' might get broken in this case anyway), but every tissue based part of his body (organs, muscle, etc) is finished.
Inertial Dampeners

...like Star Trek :awesome:

ExAm
September 8th, 2007, 03:26 AM
ftfy :eng101:I'ts half a ton. Read up.

Patrickssj6
September 8th, 2007, 06:18 AM

Partially wrong.

If the potential energy of an object is completely converted into kinetic energy, which means reaching it's final velocity, the mass doesn't matter.

m*g*h=1/2*m*v^2
E.pot-----E.kin

If you want to get the velocity (v) you can erase the both "m" on each side.

So in a vacuum MC and a feather and a stone fall at the same speed. :)

Rosco
September 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
The guy owned a phantom.

That was pretty awesome :D

Jay2645
September 9th, 2007, 02:05 AM
All objects fall at the same speed, but when you put in air resistance and any friction, they fall considerably slower. This was proved in one of the 1960's Apollo missions, where they dropped a feather and a brick (Or something heavy, I forgot exactly what).

Pooky
September 9th, 2007, 04:03 AM
No friction in a vacuum son :\

n00b1n8R
September 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM
no air friction.

how can you hold something in space if there's no friction?

Patrickssj6
September 9th, 2007, 04:32 AM
no air friction.

how can you hold something in space if there's no friction?
Everything moves in space...slowly...also because of the gravitational force of all the surrounding masses >.>

Isn't that obvious?

n00b1n8R
September 9th, 2007, 06:13 AM
so an astronaught holding onto a screwdriver in space is doing so "with his gravity"?
why doesn't the screwdriver drift over the the space station instead? or better yet, down to earth?

it's held their by friction.

ExAm
September 9th, 2007, 01:01 PM
No AIR friction, because there's no AIR. Durr.

Pooky
September 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM
guys, I was talking about air friction in the first place :|

n00b1n8R
September 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM
you said:

No friction in a vacuum son :\

not air friction, friction.

I just corrected you by saying "air friction" and pointing out that friction clearly exists in a vaccum.

ExAm
September 10th, 2007, 01:44 AM
No one ever said it didn't.

n00b1n8R
September 10th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Pooky said "no friction in a vaccum son", not "no air friction in a vaccum sun".

so yer, he did.

Flyboy
September 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
There would be air friction in the Apollo. Why. Because if there wasn't any air friction, there would be no air, and our astronauts would have a pretty hard time living with no air.

What you idiots are thinking of is gravity. Without gravity the feather, nor the brick would fall, causing no friction. Meaning Jay's claim is a load of shit. (No offense jay. Homies for like dog)

Pooky
September 10th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Pooky said "no friction in a vaccum son", not "no air friction in a vaccum sun".

so yer, he did.

You're kind of making yourself look stupid if you can't infer what I meant :|

It's all in the context.

ShadowCloud
September 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Man, that phantom got owned bad.

ExAm
September 10th, 2007, 11:16 PM

so yer, he did.Of course he didn't mean it that way, so technically no one said that there's no friction in a vacuum.

n00b1n8R
September 11th, 2007, 02:39 AM
taken literally, that's exactly what he said.
I was being pedantic. so shoot me :suicide:

Kornman00
September 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
How many more tangents must this thread take on?

On that note, let me continue one...

no air resistance.
ftfy. Am I the only one who took physics here (let alone, remembered half of it)?

friction: "surface resistance to relative motion, as of a body sliding or rolling."