PDA

View Full Version : It's now September 11th... your thoughts?

TheGhost
September 10th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Well, it's the 5th anniversary of that terrible day, and looking back now, seeing it in perspective, what are your thoughts?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 10th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Um... For me, I have another 3 hours. Damned timezones.

Well, call me un-pratriotic if you must. But I don't htink much of it as I did when it happened. I don't dwindle in the past like others might.

Don't get me wrong, it was/is (still) quite tragic.

dg
September 10th, 2006, 11:31 PM
September 11th will always be a day to remember. Countless people lost their lives and we can only remember those who perished.

I give my deepest apologies to those who were affected by this terrible tragedy.

~dg945~

Stealth
September 10th, 2006, 11:50 PM
my thoughts about 9/11,
Life and Death, Death and life, that is how the world works, some times the Human race tries to do a 0 pop, some times it dose a -# pop, and some times it dose a +# pop, and then there are days when some one tries to make remove a nation and finds them selves stuck between a big, mad, powerful army, and a hard place.
OK that is all you're getting from me, I just sit back and watch things go by, some times I'll care, and others I don't.

http://www.comtekservices.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/33.GIF
ok I'm going to sleep, check you guys out after I get home from school.
http://www.comtekservices.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/28.GIF

Limited
September 10th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Scared for the whole world, knowing these sick people they will try to do some thing else as a f'd up "anniversery" thing.. Another thing, they are building a memorial of 4 talll skyscrapers, what stops terrorists flying into them??! Sad sad day, I just hope nothing bad happens.

Teroh
September 11th, 2006, 01:19 AM
You know, I was never really affected by that day, not even when it happened. You know, I just live my life. I'm not affected much by death. Already, both of my grandfathers have died. I just see it as a moving on. Why mourn? It won't bring them back.
Sorry to be so harsh, but its true.
Enjoy your 9/11, because to me, its just another day.

rossmum
September 11th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Scared for the whole world, knowing these sick people they will try to do some thing else as a f'd up "anniversery" thing.. Another thing, they are building a memorial of 4 talll skyscrapers, what stops terrorists flying into them??! Sad sad day, I just hope nothing bad happens.
Yeah. Things have really changed in the last 5 years, not for the best in most cases.

We've made it through tougher times before though, those fucked up terrorist bastards can't break us. I feel sorry for all the good Muslims copping shit because of the actions of a few complete retards.

Katana
September 11th, 2006, 06:33 AM
You know, I was never really affected by that day, not even when it happened. You know, I just live my life. I'm not affected much by death. Already, both of my grandfathers have died. I just see it as a moving on. Why mourn? It won't bring them back.
Sorry to be so harsh, but its true.
Enjoy your 9/11, because to me, its just another day.

Wow. That's the most inconsiderate bullshit I've heard you say, teroh.

What if it was someone you knew that was in those buldings the day the planes hit. How do you think the people who've lost family members feel about this day. I'm not crying my eyes out over it, but that doesn't make the day any less horrible.

Rescudo
September 11th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Although I did not know anyone who died in this tragedy, I give my deepest condolences to those who did. Let's hope something like this will never happen again... :(

TheGhost
September 11th, 2006, 01:48 PM
We talked about it in some classes today and we also stopped at 8:40 for a 10 minute video that some of the students/staff made. It was quite powerful.

Rescudo
September 11th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Hm, doesn't look like any of my teachers remembered this date. =S

Chewy Gumball
September 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
It was a tragedy for those affected, but the numbers are nothing compared to other things that happen every single day. Nothing. I don't see why people make such a big deal about this day in particular besides the fact that terrorists killed these people instead of disease or hunger or war.

Thats my view.

Rescudo
September 11th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I just saw a documentary about this. It is still very scary, even though it's five years since it happened.

Mr. BBQ
September 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I went through the whole day and didn't hear it was 9/11, untill last period when a friend reminded me. That was the only mention of it; seems as though it's really just been a repressed memory. Well, either that or people are inconsiderate jerks and have no idea what empathy is.

Zeph
September 11th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I feel bad for the families torn apart by it, but the only thing I dwindle in the past on is girls. It might seem harsh, but my thoughts on September 11th 2006 is that newegg didn't get anymore AIW X800's in stock even though they were supposed to and I'm mad now. You cant be strong by looking back all the time. You've got to look forward with a keen eye.

StankBacon
September 11th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Countless people lost their lives
~dg945~

i can count to 3,000 something.

:P

Agamemnon
September 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Our school's morning announcement had a special on it where they asked kids around school on Friday to say something about it. The time when the first tower was hit was when we got a PA announcement for a moment of silence after we did the pledge.

Five years ago I was in my 7th grade science class when the teacher next door came rushing in to our teacher hysterical and told her to just turn the TV on. When she did it was moments before on Live TV when the second plane hit the second tower. We were all in disbelief and really had no clue what was going on. The rest of the school day was completely silent for us and the teachers.

Teroh
September 11th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Wow. That's the most inconsiderate bullshit I've heard you say, teroh.

What if it was someone you knew that was in those buldings the day the planes hit. How do you think the people who've lost family members feel about this day. I'm not crying my eyes out over it, but that doesn't make the day any less horrible.
Yeah. It's my opinion, and it ain't changing.

Kalub
September 11th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Um... For me, I have another 3 hours. Damned timezones.

Well, call me un-pratriotic if you must. But I don't htink much of it as I did when it happened. I don't dwindle in the past like others might.

Don't get me wrong, it was/is (still) quite tragic.

rossmum
September 12th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I feel bad for the families torn apart by it, but the only thing I dwindle in the past on is girls. It might seem harsh, but my thoughts on September 11th 2006 is that newegg didn't get anymore AIW X800's in stock even though they were supposed to and I'm mad now. You cant be strong by looking back all the time. You've got to look forward with a keen eye.
^ Makes good points.

~A.
September 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Mostly everyone remembers exactly what they were doing on that day when they found out about the attacks. I know I was walking to school when some kid across the street told me.

rossmum
September 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Mostly everyone remembers exactly what they were doing on that day when they found out about the attacks. I know I was walking to school when some kid across the street told me.
I do...and I'm not even American, nor have I been to the US for about 6 years. They had news updates running for about 2 days straight here.

Big, big day.

Rescudo
September 13th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Just like most old people remember exactly what they were doing when they heard that Kennedy had been assassinated...

Boo Diddly
September 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM
...or pearl harbor.

FRain
September 15th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I still don't know exactly WHY we are still in Iraq, this should've been solved AGES ago.

Do you know how many men have died in Iraq so far? It's a stupid and ridiculous amount, Iraq is just trying to defend it self, USA, mind your own f'ing buisness.

Bush needs to pull those men out of Iraq, NOW.

Katana
September 15th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Join the club.

Chewy Gumball
September 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
They aren't in Iraq because of 9/11...

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 15th, 2006, 05:36 PM
They aren't in Iraq because of 9/11...Yes... They are. 9-11 is what started it. Terrorists using our own planes to 'bomb' us. So we found out that they originated from Iraq(or Afghanistan?) and sent our troops over there to 'Fight The War on Terrorism'. :/

Chewy Gumball
September 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
You sent your troops to afghanistan to fight the war on terror. You invaded iraq because they supposedly had weapons of mass destruction, which haven't been found yet, and most people believe never existed.

Two totaly different things. Canada is now in charge in afghanistan, while america occupies Iraq.

Agamemnon
September 15th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I still don't know exactly WHY we are still in Iraq, this should've been solved AGES ago.

Do you know how many men have died in Iraq so far? It's a stupid and ridiculous amount, Iraq is just trying to defend it self, USA, mind your own f'ing buisness.

Bush needs to pull those men out of Iraq, NOW.
That'll be great. "Ok, I'm pulling out our troops. Good luck Iraq; sorry for leaving you in your most critical time of retribution."

Iraq then goes back to chaos and turmoil. Bush's approval rating goes in the negatives.

You, like many others, are impatient; learn to be patient. If you honestly thought turning around a country in a completely different direction with extremists who are spoon-fed propaganda that Americans are the devil then you need your head examined. Revolutionary War, anyone? That didn't last five seconds. Better yet, even after we had established our own government, it still took us a few good years before we got on track and drafted all those nice documents, such as the Bill of Rights and what not. You can't just pull a string and say, "Ok, we're done!" Nothing is ever that simple.

Oh, and if you also believe people don't die in wars, you might want to get a CAT scan as well.

Oh, and explain how exactly Iraq is trying to defend itself. Right now, they are counting on us for advice and training their military and policemen so they can handle things on their own. If we pull out now all of that work, sweat, and money spent will be completely worthless and probably be one of the worst moves he could make.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
You sent your troops to afghanistan to fight the war on terror. You invaded iraq because they supposedly had weapons of mass destruction, which haven't been found yet, and most people believe never existed.

Two totaly different things. Canada is now in charge in afghanistan, while america occupies Iraq.Well, if I remember correctly. They said they found no weapons of mass destruction. And now are fighting terrorists, and to make Iraq a better country. Some bullshit like that.

Chewy Gumball
September 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
But the point is they aren't in Iraq directly because of 9/11.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM
But the point is they aren't in Iraq directly because of 9/11.*bangs head on desk* Dude, 9-11 is what started it all.

Chewy Gumball
September 15th, 2006, 09:04 PM
If 9/11 didn't happen, the us would have invaded Iraq anyway, therefore its not the cause.

Agamemnon
September 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Why the Invasion of Iraq happened. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Iraq)

alleged possession of weapons of mass destruction, alleged ties to Al Qaeda and to international terrorism in general, confirmed ties to Hamas and other Palestinian organizations involved in suicide attacks, Iraqi repression and brutalization of its civilian population, Iraqi hostility toward the United States, Iraqi hostility toward UN sanctioned operations such as Operation Northern Watch, Operation Southern Watch, percieved Iraqi failure to cooperate with UN weapons inspections and disarmament procedures, Iraqi possession of Kuwaiti POW's, Iraqi violation of cease fire agreement, Attempted plot to kill former US president George H.W. Bush by Iraqi special service.
No mention of 9/11 whatsoever. Al Qaeda does not count, considering they are most wanted in most countries and are responsible for the London train bombings and many other terrorist acts across the globe.

Rob Oplawar
November 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM
bump

what?

e: in hindsight, I'm sure somebody has already done this and had the topic/post swiftly deleted. w/e. I couldn't resist.

ee: yes mods/admins, I can be unconstructive with threads too! :O

NuggetWarmer
November 17th, 2008, 10:33 PM
What. It's November.

Timo
November 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM
It's not even november 9th, lol