PDA

View Full Version : Cinematics

Tarzan
September 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
How does one make cinematic bars as a map is loading? I tried some scripting commands that should have done it, but it didn't seem to do anything. I was using (cinematic_show_letterbox <boolean>) and some other assorted commands. And yes, I did make sure to include the camera_control true line...

any ideas? BTW... this is for a multiplayer map if that makes a difference.

Inferno
September 6th, 2007, 06:03 PM
(script startup scriptname
(cinematic_start)
(sleep 200)
(cinematic_stop)
)

that would make the movie bars stay up for around 5 seconds.

btw it dosent matter scripting works just fine in MP. it dosent sync properly but it works.

Con
September 6th, 2007, 08:11 PM
cinematic_show_letterbox should work just fine, not sure why it wont for you.

Tarzan
September 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
How unusual... this script didn't do diddly-squat - there was more... that's why it's not complete... but actually, none of it happened at all. I was pretty pissed.

(script startup special_fx

(camera_control true)
(show_hud false)
(cinematic_show_letterbox true)
(fade_in 0.0 0.0 0.0 116)
(cinematic_show_letterbox false)

And as a side note... how do you tell the engine what to set as the title? I assume you can do it as HUD help text or a chapter title... But what format does the <cutscene_title> need to be in for this command: (cinematic_set_title <cutscene_title>) ??

Gamerkd16
September 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
You can assign the chapters/titles in the scenario tag. Then you need to assign it a unicode_string_list.

Tarzan
September 7th, 2007, 02:06 PM
'k - that sounds simple enough... and what about a watermark like CMT did with their SPv2 Beta?

Inferno
September 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM
you mean like a bit of transparent text at the bottom that says "beta build" or what not?

easy just make a cutscene chapter title that lasts for 9999 seconds and make and in the color for the text make the A 100 instead of 255

(im pretty sure A is transparency)