PDA

View Full Version : noob question lol

anoob1337
September 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM
ummm yeah i want to put custom content into bg kinda like the h3t people did can someone please tell me, without flaming lolz how to do that?

Con
September 6th, 2007, 09:50 PM
First you'll need the BG source tags, you can use HEK+ to extract those from the bloodgulch.map file. From there, just open the map in Sapien and place the new content. Make sure to reference anything new in the globals.

ICEE
September 6th, 2007, 10:50 PM
you may need to rip other maps for content, (credit ftw) and/or download it from halomaps. or just ask for it

teh lag
September 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
you may need to rip other maps for content, (credit ftw) and/or download it from halomaps. or just ask for it

Or make it yourself :downs:

ICEE
September 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
most beginners dont make things themselves... but if you do want to download gmax

Apoc4lypse
September 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
most beginners dont make things themselves... but if you do want to download gmax

because most beginners are uninformed with correct map making and modding edicate.

Don't use other ppls shit unless they say its ok, and don't use other peoples shit to make your map a good map, use it to make your map better, basicaly don't use other peoples stuff unless u have a good map for it to go in that is worthy of the stuff your using.

(long story short, plz plz plz don't put the h2 weapon tag set into a map made from a box with nothing in it and a few trees and dragged verticies).

Inferno
September 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
(long story short, plz plz plz don't put the h2 weapon tag set into a map made from a box with nothing in it and a few trees and dragged verticies).

more or less dont put any weapons in a box with trees. because you should NEVER make a map that is a box with trees. :D

Gamerkd16
September 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
You can make a map with just a box and weapons in it if you want. I made one for a test map to test out certain tags that I create. Just don't release that map. :P

Sever
September 7th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I'm still a 'beginning mapper', and I abhor any box mapping (no example necessary). I detest simple modifications to old maps (anything using the Blood Gulch bsp, or other maps of that sort. CMT's Snow Grove and Tensity, and other like remakes are of course excluded from this, seeing that the makers took some time and skill to create their final product). I am irked down to my core by incomplete coding (I will NOT hold "Missing String", or "X" Button, or "White Circle" to pick up any weapons).
PLEASE do not make the mistake of using poor mapping skills, for the community's sake, and for your own.

Tweek
September 8th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I detest simple modifications to old maps (anything using the Blood Gulch bsp, or other maps of that sort.

you've never played Tweekgulch have you? :awesome:

FRain
September 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Tweekgulch was :awesome:

_TheArbiter_
September 13th, 2007, 08:37 PM
ummm yeah i want to put custom content into bg kinda like the h3t people did can someone please tell me, without flaming lolz how to do that?

search on halomaps.org TheGhost posted the scenario files for it...or just rip it like everybody said