PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New Halo Action Figures

Con
September 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
This was in the latest Bungie update. These are BY FAR the best looking halo action figures I have ever seen.

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/kotochiefredpistol.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_WARTHOG%20006.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_CORTANA%20002.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_BRUTE%20004.jpg

more here:
source: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12755

Roostervier
September 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
OH LORD! Look at the chief's neck! :fail:

Other than the fact that the picture makes it seem long, I'd say it looks awesome.

Also, brute is awesome. :awesome:

Amit
September 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I thought I'd add these too cuz they look so badass, the Jackal looks liek a velociraptor lol. BTW Cortana looks HOT! I wonder if that's what Halsey really looked like when she was younger.

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_JACKAL_SNIPER%20002.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_MASTER_CHIEF%20001.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_MASTER_CHIEF%20016.jpg

Huero
September 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
jackals look rad

Roostervier
September 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Oh, awesome. Jackal looks great and the campaign colored chief is better than the red one, IMO.

Con
September 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah the jackals look amazing, and I love this brute chopper:
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_CHOPPER%20001.jpg

I hope there's a banshee available too.

Teh Ganon
September 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
:puke:oh... my.. well, those look too cheesy. They are pretty, but after being an avid kenner star wars action figure collector from 95' to 00' iv'e already seen perfection with action figures. Those are dolls... not action figures.

Saggy
September 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Nevermind, read update wrong...

TIA Gangsta
September 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Looks like they have moveable arms, heads and fingers.
The neck is just overly long cos they wanted him to pose like that, you can change it if you want to I think.
The Brute ones have incredible detail.

Chief117
September 8th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Freakin' awesome. I'll get my little bro a nice MC action figure.

TeeKup
September 8th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Jesus, the jackals look like the bastard child of a velociraptor and an achyoptarychs (spelling).

Everything looks awesome, how articulative are the figures?

TIA Gangsta
September 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Speaking of them, I see the sniper jackels now have armour....oh fun.

Leiukemia
September 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM
:puke:oh... my.. well, those look too cheesy. They are pretty, but after being an avid kenner star wars action figure collector from 95' to 00' iv'e already seen perfection with action figures. Those are dolls... not action figures.

I'm sure the majority of the kids actually buying the things won't think they are dolls.

JDMFSeanP
September 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Was there any speak of price?

MNC
September 8th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Cortana doesn't look like Cortana.

Con
September 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Cortana looks different in all 3 of the games :|

Patrickssj6
September 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cortana *_*

TIA Gangsta
September 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Well she doesn't look as bad as in Halo 1. In Halo 1 she just looked REALLY weird, although we didn't think that as it was the first time we saw her. In Halo 2 though she looked more like a.....female.

Halo 3, well it's hard to tell from a plastic model, but there was a little clip in the E3 07 trailer with her in it, and I think I remember her looking pretty much the same except next-genified.

It can make sense for her to change her appearance from Halo 1 to Halo 2, as there's a calm period between each one so she can relax and think about other things like her looks.
But Halo 3 starts right where Halo 2 left off with no calm period between, and with Cortana trapped with Gravemind, I doubt changing her look is on top of the to-do list.

Bungie like to make things make sense, even when it comes to playing multiplayer (hence why they don't allow you to be multiple spartans in co-op, cos it won't make sense with the story), so if it isn't appropriate to change her appearance, then they won't.

Con
September 8th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Was there any speak of price?

The above and below images are of the Kotubukiya Halo 3 statues. These 12" statues will retail for $99.99 will be available this fall.

eek

Dole
September 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Jesus, the jackals look like the bastard child of a velociraptor and an achyoptarychs (spelling).
*Archaeopteryx.

TeeKup
September 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM
*Archaeopteryx.

Thank you.

JDMFSeanP
September 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM
eek

Those aren't all 12" statues, those are from Mcfarlane toys or whatever, the only statue I believe is the first one.

Elite Killa
September 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I can finally think that the jackals are badasses now.

I love the brute figure.

Con
September 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
yeah, the jackals look mean finally.

FireDragon04
September 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
yeah, the jackals look mean finally.
Im scared of the grunts!

All these look great, the Red Spartan (1st image 1st page) is UK only :O im gettin that sexy thing!

Pooky
September 8th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I wish they'd just left Cortana how she looked in Halo 1... her boobs get bigger with each game and now they're even jiggly... every fanboy is going to want a cortana action figure to feel up :fail:

n00b1n8R
September 8th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I want a jackal with a shield :awesome:
they actually look scary now :O

also, cortana's hips are huge >__>
@fried metroid: atleast she doesn't have nippels.
yet.

Sever
September 9th, 2007, 12:07 AM
also, cortana's hips are huge >__>

It's just the angle of the image combined with her off-centered stance. Here's a better angle.
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_CORTANA%20001.jpg

Archon23
September 9th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Her face scares me.

rossmum
September 9th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I hate how characters look so different between games. I mean, Jackals have gone from having cloven hooves to clawed feet in the timespace of a few months, what the fuck.

Still, cool.

Jay2645
September 9th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Well she doesn't look as bad as in Halo 1. In Halo 1 she just looked REALLY weird, although we didn't think that as it was the first time we saw her. In Halo 2 though she looked more like a.....female.

Halo 3, well it's hard to tell from a plastic model, but there was a little clip in the E3 07 trailer with her in it, and I think I remember her looking pretty much the same except next-genified.

It can make sense for her to change her appearance from Halo 1 to Halo 2, as there's a calm period between each one so she can relax and think about other things like her looks.
But Halo 3 starts right where Halo 2 left off with no calm period between, and with Cortana trapped with Gravemind, I doubt changing her look is on top of the to-do list.

Bungie like to make things make sense, even when it comes to playing multiplayer (hence why they don't allow you to be multiple spartans in co-op, cos it won't make sense with the story), so if it isn't appropriate to change her appearance, then they won't.
Her boobs are larger and jiggle in Halo 3. :eng101:
*Que Reaper Man to come in with a boob picture*

Anyway, the time period between H1 and H2 was anything but calm for Cortana. She was being pushed to her operating limits, taking forever (Compared to her normal speeds) to do stuff. I mean, your computer would, too, if it had a 500 Terabyte .zip file containing all the stuff about Halo (The weapon, not the game), plus another 150 terabyte .zip holding a Covenant AI she captured.
I assume she uploaded this to Earth's database as soon as she got in a terminal, and maybe then she changed her looks, I don't know. She looks pretty much the same, but with different hair, really. I like the H2 version best, though. Need to get a closer look of the H3 version before I pass judgment.

Also, on topic, I like the MCs. Too bad they're going to cost me $99 (That's about £198 to the Europeans, considering $1 = £2). I may get one of the Kenner action figures though, they look nice as well. I think I'll be getting the Hog, one of my favorite vehicles.

KntTader
September 9th, 2007, 02:16 AM
I wish they'd just left Cortana how she looked in Halo 1... her boobs get bigger with each game and now they're even jiggly... every fanboy is going to want a cortana action figure to feel up :fail:

What do you have against big boobs? Are you gay? :lol:;)

n00b1n8R
September 9th, 2007, 03:31 AM
he's bi fyi.

When I first got H2 i was like "wtf cortana has long hair get this shit off my TV" but I got used to it. I don't really have a preference between the H1 and H2 cortana tbh.

tbh, jackals remind me of the kroot these days.

MNC
September 9th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I thought Halo 2 Cortana looked the best out of 3, with longer hair.

TIA Gangsta
September 9th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Her boobs are larger and jiggle in Halo 3. :eng101:
*Que Reaper Man to come in with a boob picture*

Anyway, the time period between H1 and H2 was anything but calm for Cortana. She was being pushed to her operating limits, taking forever (Compared to her normal speeds) to do stuff. I mean, your computer would, too, if it had a 500 Terabyte .zip file containing all the stuff about Halo (The weapon, not the game), plus another 150 terabyte .zip holding a Covenant AI she captured.
I assume she uploaded this to Earth's database as soon as she got in a terminal, and maybe then she changed her looks, I don't know. She looks pretty much the same, but with different hair, really. I like the H2 version best, though. Need to get a closer look of the H3 version before I pass judgment.

Also, on topic, I like the MCs. Too bad they're going to cost me $99 (That's about £198 to the Europeans, considering $1 = £2). I may get one of the Kenner action figures though, they look nice as well. I think I'll be getting the Hog, one of my favorite vehicles.

Actually pretty much her whole face had changed. She had different cheek bones and eyes, that's all I can really remember of her features, but she's definately changed quite a bit - but the point is is that she had some spare time with no interuption with wars or covenant (etc).

The Last Peanut
September 9th, 2007, 02:01 PM
DAYYYYM. hope i get mine before their sold out when thier relsesd awe

Con
September 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
What do you have against big boobs? Are you gay? :lol:;)
:shake:
They make the boobs bigger for people like this kid^

n00b1n8R
September 11th, 2007, 02:40 AM
:shake:
They make the boobs bigger for people like this kid^
IAWTP :saddowns:

Kalub
September 11th, 2007, 03:18 AM
+rep for air guitar photochop

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/p_hl1_MASTER_CHIEF%20016.jpg

n00b1n8R
September 11th, 2007, 04:32 AM
airguitar would be hard (seeing as your hou can't see his chest :X)

how bout a real guitar?

Kornman00
September 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
How about someone getting the vacuum cleaner :|. Was that done on purpose?

Also, any fan boy should know AI have a different age than humans for when they hit puberty. Jeez, give her a break :/

Nimverus
September 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I hate how characters look so different between games. I mean, Jackals have gone from having cloven hooves to clawed feet in the timespace of a few months, what the fuck.

Still, cool.

I agree , I like the old aged style grunts.... the halo 3 grunts look more old and a little like a star wars type figure. I wish they kept the grunts the same :/

OmegaDragon
September 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM
they look more like statues than action figures to me, unless the master chief has a secret super karate chop action button hidden somewhere.

Archon23
September 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Actually those are posable. Well the Master Chief one is anyway.

Jay2645
September 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM
They should make a Mister Chief one.
Wait, playing with a MC who has a box for a head would be... Never mind.

Shard
September 12th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Imma buyin the Cobalt one and Cortana when the time comes.