PDA

View Full Version : Can't join my friend in game

LlamaMaster
September 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Well, the title says it all. Every sever I'm in he can't see, and every server hes in I can't see. When I try to join him directly, I get this error:

"Connection rejected: You client is newer than the server."

I asked him how many players he saw in the server lobby, and he said 250. I told him I have 2,500. (no, they were not typos) I told him to update the game manually, which he did. Hes still sees only 250 people in the lobby, and I still can't join him. I need help.

Mass
September 8th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I had this problem.
You have to uninstall, reinstall, and then manually update. Then it worked for me. Also his net could be suck.

DeepFrz
September 9th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Make sure that you both are running the same builds, check in Setting - About, after highlighting that look at the right side of the screen

The latest build is 1.00.07

LlamaMaster
September 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Sorry I forgot to mention this we are trying to play Halo PC, if that matters. Thanks for the comments guys.

SGWraith
September 9th, 2007, 09:53 AM
If you both had xfire you could try and see if you can see his server information when he is in game. If you have xfire on and your halo turned off, there was (or used to be) a join friend in game option that would launch halo and try and join the server he was in.

DeepFrz
September 9th, 2007, 11:17 AM
You guys must be running different versions cause i've run earlier versions before and they only have like 20 servers