PDA

View Full Version : [Map] Delta Ruined

Arteen
September 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3167

Hmm, I haven't been here in a while, and I never did make a thread for the map.

Delta Ruined is a small asymmetric map set in the ruins of Delta Halo. It is designed for slayer, but works well for CTF. It is also enabled for the other gametypes as well. The weapon set is classic.

This map is an update of my prior "Delta Ruins" map. A version of this map is a tentative CMT multiplayer map. Improvements over the original include better modeling, textures, detail, and better weapon and spawn layouts.

Special Thanks:
Tiamat for tags used in his ncyborg
CtrAltDestroy for the weapon backpack tags
Lightning and H2CE for teleporters and flag bases
Wave of Lag for making me learn how to UV unwrap
baturkin17 of halonews.org and Phil of modhalo.net for hosting
Kyle and Stormwing for some ideas I wasn't able to implement in the original
CMT for testing, and for their work on the CMT version
The beta testers for the first version (sorry, I forgot your names after two years!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Arteen/drwip_008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Arteen/drwip_010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Arteen/drwip_002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Arteen/drwip_005.jpg
Comments, suggestions, thoughts anyone?

Elite Killa
September 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Much bigger improvement from the older version! Nice job!

DaneO'Roo
September 9th, 2007, 09:12 AM
wTF?

where was this hiding?

Nice work!

SGWraith
September 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Looking good Arteen. Delta Ruins was always fun to play.

Love De Lux
September 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Oh, nice, you got my download. I liked the first version. :)

Rosco
September 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Exploited getting out of the map already.

very nice work arteen :)

fatso784
September 9th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Great lighting and design :cool:

Pooky
September 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Awesome! Anything from you is great :3

I can't really think of anything critical to say about it, except that a30 grass sure feels bland after all these years. But I don't suppose there's anything you can do about that.

Sever
September 9th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Awesome as usual. By the way, it is SO easy to get out of the map.

Pooky
September 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Well, it is based on Halo 2 :P

Arteen
September 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys!

Exploited getting out of the map already.
I blocked off a few areas, but I guess I missed a few spots. :( How are you guys getting up?

Sunray
September 9th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I just downloaded and played it. Great changes. Delta Ruins was my favourite 2 player map; underplayed on the internet IMHO, but great for LAN games. The whole thing is more visually visually appealing. Thanks.

Sever
September 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Basically walking up the hill to the lower-right of the first picture. I get the OS and use a PG to boost me up quickly, but I've seen others just walk right up. Also, if you are skilled, you can grenade jump up from the broken hole in the breezeway seen in the mid-right of the first picture.

Rosco
September 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys!

I blocked off a few areas, but I guess I missed a few spots. :( How are you guys getting up?

Hill near the flame thrower spawn. You can walk up the cliffside hill near that. :)

supersniper
September 9th, 2007, 03:03 PM
This version looks way better :D :D :D than THIS (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2772) version. Apparently someone already made a Delta Ruins V2???
Also there is a Tourney version with swords in them lol (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2509).

Hows the CMT version coming along??

Sunray
September 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM
CMT version, I believe, is canceled. FPS issues meant it wasn't playable apparently. I'll try and find the quote for you.

EDIT:
The only maps planned for a release are Vestige and Snowtorn. Delta Ruins, Abandoned have FPS that are to low for release, and Iron Tomb sucks to much gameplay wise. We're all heavily focused on CMT SPv2, the last 2 maps will be released once spv2 is out and we continue to wait for vista.As I thought. FPS issues mean it isn't planned for release at last hearing.

Con
September 10th, 2007, 12:52 AM
FPS issues? I don't get how the CMT version would have framerate trouble. It was fine when I played it.

supersniper
September 10th, 2007, 04:25 AM
You have it! Lucky. Well maybe they can try it again after SPv2 is done. That map, CMT revised, would be awesome. Even though it already is awesome :D

Tweek
September 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
it looks a little bit empty. i know the point of a MP map is a clean field, but this is just so empty, so little things to hide behind in the middle as well.

i have a feeling that nobody would want to get in the middle of the map, since it leaves you so open to fire from all directions.
the middle could use a bit more interesing geometry imo.

looks pro othewise.

Pooky
September 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM
it looks a little bit empty. i know the point of a MP map is a clean field, but this is just so empty, so little things to hide behind in the middle as well.

What do you think blood gulch is :eyesroll:

SGWraith
September 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I just noticed that you can't take the old shortcut up the hill anymore like you could in Delta Ruins. There was a face or two that you could walk up a bit and then do a slightly tricky jump around one of the rocks to get up on the hill without having to go the long way around. On Delta Ruins that was perhaps unintended but it was nice to have when someone was flame camping the other end of the king zone.

Bastinka
September 10th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Older one was more original :(

Still it's a good map, but I would rather play the original.

Rosco
September 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
What do you think blood gulch is :eyesroll:

The whole point of it being empty in the middle is because both heavies are there, it's a chance to take.

Of course, I know little to no-one that likes people using the rocket launcher or fuel rod, so yeah. :p

PenGuin1362
September 11th, 2007, 01:36 PM
2 years? wow. it has been a while. it was fun testing this that's all i remember, great work arty :)

OmegaDragon
September 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Another great map by Arteen :thumbsup:

Plays well when there are enough people.

dg
September 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Remember my server with you, Blind, and I? :-)

Looks as good, if not better, than the original!

Digikid
September 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I remember this.

I think that Dennis would be proud to host this as well since he used the original for the HaloCE Chronicles.

I miss those days.

Pooky
September 13th, 2007, 07:58 PM
The whole point of it being empty in the middle is because both heavies are there, it's a chance to take.

I'm sure that's how it was meant to be, but what it usually boils down to is everyone running down the middle flailing their Pistols while most people are too afraid to get into vehicles because they know they'll just get raped by frags and pistols :|

343guiltymc
September 14th, 2007, 05:06 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3207
What is this?????????

SGWraith
September 14th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Lots of -rep to that noob then, shameless modder...

Its still obvious whos map it really is though, but still...

supersniper
September 14th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Oh wow another mod of the Delta Ruins Series. Lol wow this map is so popular!!

343guiltymc
September 14th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Great, does Arteen know about this?

Bastinka
September 14th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Are you daft?
He made this thread.

Sever
September 15th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Are you daft?
He made this thread.

Are you daft? He's talking about the shitty H3 mod on HaloMaps.org... that was THREE posts up from his previous post.

supersniper
September 15th, 2007, 10:10 AM
WoW, way to go SilentWindPL

Arteen
September 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I do now. It's rather lame when people use your work without permission or credit. Still, it's nice that someone appreciates my work, even if they proceed to ruin it. :p

Tweek
September 16th, 2007, 05:53 PM
AHAHAH nice one silentwind. gg man