PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted for a map

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 05:48 PM
We need for the following

3+ bump mappers (Textures.)

3+ custom scenery (trees, etc.)

3+ 3D modelers with 3D max 8+ (vehicles, weapons, buildings, etc.)

3+ People that know how to script

Beta and Alpha testers

If We can think of anything else we will let you know. This is for a level we are making for the ce called High-Ground from the halo 3.

Apoc4lypse
September 9th, 2007, 06:46 PM
:picsorstfu:

no ones going to help, unless we see what your working on...

its kind of like advertising, no ones going to buy something just because your told to, you need to advertise, and your doing a poor job right now.

Just some helpful advice :)

FRain
September 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
:picsorstfu:

Please. Show work that you've done, and dont pull what I did 3 years ago by asking for help from random people with nothing to show. It will get you no where.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 07:02 PM
We have just got some of the team and we need a few of these to get started and we are doing bits so far and the team is alittle busy, Im pretty sure that we have no pictures or videos so it may be a while because we have a lack of teammates you see and you can't just expect pictures very quickly like this. So that is why we need some of these. We are trying to come up with some things but for the mean time we need like some things edited like scenery for the map for example.

Roostervier
September 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
What exactly do you do yourself? :raise:

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Im in charge of making skins for vehicles/weapons and also beta/alpha test it.:)

Con
September 9th, 2007, 07:56 PM
It's obvious you can't handle organizing team or a project of this scale. Stick around in the community for a year or so and get to know how things work. Maybe then you'll be experienced enough to do some things on your own instead of relying on a team of people to do it for you.

In the meantime, try working on some simpler things until you get the hang of the editing kit and using 3ds max.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Oh but it is not me that is the leader of the team, the leader is «ßÇ»ÚñƒòrgìvéñثKéñšµîñ, but unfortinally hes offline at the moment. As for the team he wants some of these and yes he knows gurialla and sapian and such and we started alittle but will make a big leap in starting if we get all the help we can get. Tythespy saids, "hmm,well it does take a team not a person to make a map un-less ur a pro and we need all the help we can get,kenshin maybe started this but i think he'll still help and lead use butt he has been gone outsiide working for a couple of hours,but if we don't give up we can do it."

Con
September 9th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Maybe your team leader should be the one asking for help, not his minions doing his work for him.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Which we agreed not forced to do it, which if we agree to do it, we work hard to do it, if not get out that is the policy. No work=No enter. Which beta/alpha would be a work kind of thing for us but that takes a while til it gets into those stages. BTW, he wants us to tell other people anyway they can of help so that is why I made this forum. :l. Tythespy saids, "well he ant making you he's asking you,he needs our help,he can't do it all on his own,i'm sure if he was here he'd be helping use as we speak,it is alot of work and if we ant all giving it our best it's even harder. I don't know how were sopta take pic's of some thing that takes hours and hours and hours to make when we just offically started.

Con
September 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Bottom line, people aren't going to join unless you can prove to them that they will be working with people who know what they're doing. Right now, all you're telling us is that you need people to make a map.

TrU7H
September 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
*sigh* Ok what Vern's trying to say is that their modding team has just started, hasn't really gotten anything done yet, but they're still collecting referance pictures and vids to start working (I know because I was invited to the chat room that the whole team was in). Anyways, some of them already have one or two previous maps uploaded to halomaps, but others are fresh. Their current project (according to the team): Highgrounds. But they still need some more people to help them out to get started. That's my guess.

Con
September 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
They shouldn't be coming here with nothing. Doing so because they've just started the project is a shitty excuse.

Zeph
September 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Pics or lock. 24 hours.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Unforinually this is NOT A RELEASING PICTURES MAP THING THE PERSON THAT IS THREATING TO LOCK IT. THIS IS NOT THE RELEASE FORUM PART. THIS IS THE EDITING AND GENERAL DISSCUSSION. Tythespy saids, "well the ppl that join can talk to them or talk in a metting and they schould know right when they start talking they know what there doing. umm no actually we been planning on making a map for some time now. like a mointh or 2. I don't know how were sopta take pic's of some thing that takes hours and hours and hours to make when we just offically started. We,have our plans,you can't have any thing more then just that un-till we start the plans."

Hurrvish
September 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I don't think you get it. They are not asking you to "release" pictures. They are asking for pictures of progress that you have made (Renders, In-game shots). No one would want to join a map team that has been planning on a map for 2 months. Especially a map that has over 1000 screenshots and movies. Show proof that your team is worthy of additional help, or posting here is futile.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I don't think you get it. They are not asking you to "release" pictures. They are asking for pictures of progress that you have made (Renders, In-game shots). No one would want to join a map team that has been planning on a map for 2 months. Especially a map that has over 1000 screenshots and movies. Show proof that your team is worthy of additional help, or posting here is futile.

Tythespy saids, "how fast do they think we all can go in a day,were settting out the plans and asking ppl what thewy can do?"

Con
September 9th, 2007, 08:50 PM
shitty excuse for not thinking stuff through

Hurrvish
September 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
There are no plans. You just mentioned that you team is working on High Ground for CE. That doesn't sound like 2 months of planning. 2 months are more than enough for someone to start making the map and the various objects that are going to be in it.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
shitty excuse for not thinking stuff through

There are no plans. You just mentioned that you team is working on High Ground for CE. That doesn't sound like 2 months of planning. 2 months are more than enough for someone to start making the map and the various objects that are going to be in it.

Tythespy saids, "we did think things throught we following the plans we ben planing for 2 mounths,were just now starting thoughts plans so of course it will be a little rough in the begginning but it always starts out like that. it is planing,and were starting now,we don't plan and start cuz we did'nt have enough ppl then to start,but now we do and we can start,and we will be working on it together. well if they ever want to talk to me or kenshin about any problems we'll be glad to answer them. Well if they ever want to talk to me or kenshin about any problems we'll be glad to answer them."Well if they ever want to talk to me or kenshin about any problems we'll be glad to answer them."

Which tythespys xfire is tythespy and kenshins is bcshadow2468.

Con
September 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM
This kid doesn't get it.

When you want to recruit people for a project, it's not about what you plan to do. It's about proving to people that you CAN do what you intend and that you CAN do your fair share of the work. PROVING, not saying.

That means showing off previous work you've done. Don't have anything to show? Don't have the skills to make something yet? Then don't start a project until you can handle it.

SGWraith
September 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Who is this Tythespy person you keep quoting and why can't he come here and post stuff himself? If you don't have any pics to show for making High Ground, then why not some of your teams previous work? Pictures of previous work is your only way to establish any credibility.

If you don't have anything to show you should come back when you do. I've seen a lot of teams form and fall apart without achieving anything worth while. A team with nothing to show after two (summer) months of starting a project and no previous projects done together doesn't sound that inspiring, so why would people want to join or help out?

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Who is this Tythespy person you keep quoting and why can't he come here and post stuff himself? If you don't have any pics to show for making High Ground, then why not some of your teams previous work? Pictures of previous work is your only way to establish any credibility.

If you don't have anything to show you should come back when you do. I've seen a lot of teams form and fall apart without achieving anything worth while. A team with nothing to show after two (summer) months of starting a project and no previous projects done together doesn't sound that inspiring, so why would people want to join or help out?

Just talk to him if you want to bitch and ask questions that I cant answer becuase I CHOSE to come to the team as well as 5 others. You have to ask them about their works ok? I know that they make maps. As for me, they have not provided me with things to edit skins yet because they ARE planning and finding as much info as possible like we have been doing all day. I bet that many many people like CMT wanted alot of help but for us, we have alot less of a team but have started slowly and cant get the rest there without some of the people we might need. There xfires are
tythespys xfire is tythespy and kensuins is bcshadow2468.

Sever
September 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Ty is another gamer. He's on the Yoyorast Island Paris and Diesel PL 3 servers with Kenshin and I a bunch, along with the other usuals. He's not a bad gamer at all. IEven though I hold him in well esteems, having nothing to show from a two-month 'planning' period is still pretty bad. Show us something Ty.

Vernancelet
September 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I dont think its a 2 month planning period becuase he said that it takes 2 months before we can get it to the point that we can do in-game pictures and such. We just started the planning period.:D

ComNeo
September 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
:):)Hey u guys, idk if it is possible to do this, but is it possible to take my Halo ce maps(that i made) and somehow put them onto my Xbox 360?(or Reg Xbox)?:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

If anyone knows please lemme know.....

if you wanna email me at, colonol_neo@yahoo.com i would apreciate it alot....

or just post a reply on this forum....

Con
September 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
If you guys don't want to come forward with some credibility, whatever. Suit yourselves, your loss.

:):)Hey u guys, idk if it is possible to do this, but is it possible to take my Halo ce maps(that i made) and somehow put them onto my Xbox 360?(or Reg Xbox)?:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

If anyone knows please lemme know.....

if you wanna email me at, colonol_neo@yahoo.com i would apreciate it alot....

or just post a reply on this forum....
Whoa, that's WAY offtopic. Go make your own.

SGWraith
September 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM
View it how you like but pretty much all I said was that you need to show pictures of your teams work to establish credibility around here.

You have to ask them about their works ok?

Since you're here being a recruiter/go-between/team representative I would say thats your job. :rolleyes:

Con
September 9th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Since you're here being a recruiter/go-between/team representative I would say thats your job. :rolleyes:
so true :haw:

HDoan
September 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I dont think its a 2 month planning period becuase he said that it takes 2 months before we can get it to the point that we can do in-game pictures and such. We just started the planning period.:D
H3T has 3 team members and one of them barley has to do anything. You probably have more then 5 and your recruiting over 9 people already. Show some progress of the team or its just another one of those "ZOMG IM GOING TO MAKE A MAP TEAM AND BE LIKE CMT LIKE OH MA GAWD"

kenney001
September 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Unforinually this is NOT A RELEASING PICTURES MAP THING THE PERSON THAT IS THREATING TO LOCK IT. THIS IS NOT THE RELEASE FORUM PART. THIS IS THE EDITING AND GENERAL DISSCUSSION.
-I love how he calls Zeph "the person". Wow, sounds like another noobie that is trying to start a team but has never actually done anything worth noting.....Just listen to the way he talks.......

Dude, grow up a little, and listen to the people you are trying to recruit. Beggars can't be choosers. You can't come here and ask for help, and completely ignore everyone that responds with advice.

Besides, why do you have to make such a big deal out of showing pictures of stuff you or your team leader has made that relates to computer graphics? It doesnt have to be of Highground, and not necessarily another Halo map.

Tweek
September 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
this thread delivers ;D

Gamerkd16
September 10th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I love how he quotes others, like he's their bitch, but won't say anything for himself. :lol:

Tweek
September 10th, 2007, 12:03 PM
also, watch this:

----------------------------------
big announcement:
i'm planning this big huge project, AND I NEED HELP!

who wants to help me? :haw:

Rosco
September 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM
also, watch this:

big announcement:

who wants to help me? :haw:

I'm in

I need help with skinning though. Anyone wanna help me skin and make a team or summing?

SnaFuBAR
September 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Hey kids, don't come back until you have something to show. Now go run off to your master and get the image links from him, or piss off.

Bastinka
September 10th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hey kids, don't come back until you have something to show. Now go run off to masterz1337 and get the image links from him, or piss off.
:eyesroll:
Smells of masterz..

Ingulit
September 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
:eyesroll:
Smells of masterz..
I lol'd

ENTIRE THREAD
I lol'd

FRain
September 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Need goatse beam. Now.

hobojoe
September 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm not even a good maper. I haven't even released a map yet cause there so crappy. But I still say you get experiance or show what you got before you ask people for their help.

Inferno
September 10th, 2007, 06:50 PM
yeah. exactly what is the problem with showing picture anyways.

"i cant show you pictures of the map cause if i show you pictures youll steal my idea to make valhala for ce"

Gamerkd16
September 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm not even a good maper. I haven't even released a map yet cause there so crappy. But I still say you get experiance or show what you got before you ask people for their help.

Well, good for you. It's good to know we have people who have judgment of when their maps aren't good and don't spam the archive with their crap. We need more people like you. :D

Ingulit
September 11th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Well, good for you. It's good to know we have people who have judgment of when their maps aren't good and don't spam the archive with their crap. We need more people like you. :D
QFT

+rep guy he's quoting

Vernancelet
September 11th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I'm in

I need help with skinning though. Anyone wanna help me skin and make a team or summing?

Ok get xfire and contact the 2 people tythespy and bcshadow2468

Hurrvish
September 11th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Rosco was talking to Tweek, not you.

SGWraith
September 11th, 2007, 09:05 PM
also, watch this:
big announcement:

who wants to help me?
I'm in

Taken in full context that would be called sarcasm.. :eyesroll:

Ingulit
September 11th, 2007, 09:08 PM
ffs, man.

EDIT: Why didn't I consider sarcasm?

Con
September 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
:smith:

Bastinka
September 11th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I second that.

Jay2645
September 12th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I second that.
I third it.

Tarzan
September 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM
:picsorstfu: What? no pics? :spamsign: What? still no pics?

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

Rosco
September 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM
sry trippin on plastic

Lightning
September 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hi.

Tarzan
September 13th, 2007, 08:59 AM
collective stupidity... the intelligence of a group of people is inversely proportional to the square of the number of people reading the thread.

Tweek
September 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM
i am the king though!

lulz

Rosco
September 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM
i am the king though!

lulz

thread,

Scooby Doo
September 13th, 2007, 03:55 PM
it's very simple, how can one join an unknown team who doesn't know what they are doing? i certainly wouldn't join based on the info given above. you can at least give us some details of the ideas or what we'll be working on (sp? mp? etc..). but basically, ur not going to recieve help until it is proven that you are dedicated to a single project and it's success. FYI - it's a plus if it's a good, unique idea(s) that interests many others in the community.

whateva this is...i fail to see a point in joining this.

~Scoob

Vernancelet
September 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM
:mad:*Sigh* Begging for pics eh? First of all it takes time to make the level and Kensuin hasnt been given his previous works on his pics becuase HE IS BUSY WITH OTHERS WORKING ON A MAP. Second, I'm waiting for the skinning part. And thirdly, we would probably not get done since of the lack of help.

demonmaster3k
September 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM
dude, i had pics for a level ready in 3 hours (and i do all of my stuff alone), pictures and asking for help shouldnt be too much to ask for just work on a level, when you think you got something done, post pics

bit of advice:
work on the terrain first, implement buildings later
editable poly is more powerful than editable mesh
if you're in a team, a mandatory folder sturcture creates easier syncronization between members and better organization *smells of masterz problems... recalls numerous CMT staus posts*

and trust me it'll take months before anything worth working on gets anywhere remotely near finished

Timo
September 15th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Ok so this thread obviously is going nowhere fast.
Vernancelet, I highly doubt that anyone here that is experienced enough to sign up to help re-create this map just because you came and asked them to. And if "«ßÇ»ÚñƒòrgìvéñثKéñšµîñ" (Awesome name, btw) isn't even going to sign up to the forum to answer questions and make an attempt himself to get people to help out, nobody is going to.

Members of a team will expect the team leader to play a bigger role than placing objects in sapien, a job that anyone can do. He should also have something decent to show, that way people know he's capable of actually doing something himself. Not everyone likes doing a ton of work for someone that they don't know, or won't show their face.

So until you have some progress to show, or previous work to show what the team you have in place is capable of, this thread is locked.