PDA

View Full Version : MC Elite Re-Re-Re-Remix 1.5

Offspring
September 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Well i was working on the Mjolnir elite and decided to rig him, and as i was playing around with him i realized how bad the joints were going to look in game. So i went in and poly-fied his joints to clean up the low-poly mess. After this i decided to not stop there and work on his looks, so i beefed him up and corrected the joints.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8458/mceliteredux4dq2.jpg
More like 5k poly's now

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8879/mceliteredux5compareqr3.jpg
Compare and contrast

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6927/mceliteredux6kz0.jpg
iso views

hope you like the new look.

Agamemnon
September 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
DO NOT WANT

D:

Nice effort though...still...DO NOT WANT

Amit
September 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Why not? It looks pretty cool.

Offspring
September 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM
DO NOT WANT

D:

Nice effort though...still...DO NOT WANT

don't want the what? the new look or the biped all together?

Con
September 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I don't like that stuff on his back.

SGWraith
September 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
The armor around the hip joints and the pelvic region doesn't look quite right to me.

And I would agree with Conscars about the empty sections of the back armor - the elite's own back should fill up a bit more of that space imo.

Agamemnon
September 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
don't want the what? the new look or the biped all together?
It looks like you mated the Chief and the Arbiter...it doesn't look...right...

Con
September 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
That was originally the idea, aggy

Agamemnon
September 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Hence the DO NOT WANT.

Actually, can you zip that and send it to me? I just found Ross's character for the comics.

Bastinka
September 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Nice concept, but it doesn't look covenant at all. The pelvis has armor on it and its incredibly small. The head, neck and chest don't really match the original proportions of the Covenant Elite.

Also..

DO NOT WANT.

Offspring
September 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hence the DO NOT WANT.

Actually, can you zip that and send it to me? I just found Ross's character for the comics.

shit, you just want to finish unwrapping it for me then?

(even though this is my own work) personally, i think it'll look allot better with a skin.

Agamemnon
September 9th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Good point. Let me know when it's skinned. Definitely would consider it for using it as Ross's character. Fits perfectly for him.

Reaper Man
September 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
If you haven't noticed, an elite's eyes are much further back on the head, so the visor should be placed elsewhere.

TPE
September 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Get rid of the shoulders and make the helmet a bit bigger.

Please?

DaneO'Roo
September 10th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Change the helmet entirely and It's something special.

ICEE
September 10th, 2007, 12:41 AM
If you haven't noticed, an elite's eyes are much further back on the head, so the visor should be placed elsewhere.

agree. it will look fine if you stretch the visor, make it surround the head a bit more so he can see where hes going. basically, when its done right it will look like a hybrid between a mk 6 helmet and a SPI helmet, redesigned for elites. love the concept though, rep + for sure

Shard
September 10th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Actually, i kind of like it...But i think the Eyes need to be rounder.

Bad Waffle
September 10th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Good point. Let me know when it's skinned. Definitely would consider it for using it as Ross's character. Fits perfectly for him.

comics? i think you have some splainin to do.

Agamemnon
September 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
comics? i think you have some splainin to do.
:ssh:

Hunter
September 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
looks awsome. is The Ghost a girl?

OmegaDragon
September 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM
The proportions look a bit odd, especially the helmet. Great job though!

Nice concept, but it doesn't look covenant at all. The pelvis has armor on it and its incredibly small. The head, neck and chest don't really match the original proportions of the Covenant Elite.

Also..

Isn't the point of the armor to make it NOT look like the elite armor and make it look like the MJOLNIR armor?

@TLSHunter:
Of course TheGhost is a woman! Haven't you seen the signs?

TeeKup
September 10th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I love the entire concept. The feet look a bit awkward though, Look at the new Halo 3 elite feet then try and incorporate that into the Mjolnir Elite feet. I love everything else.

EDIT: Actually angle the shoulder amour out more, right now they look like they would collide with the rest of the amour if they did any movement what-so-ever. Let me get a pic to demonstrate what I mean.

EDIT 2:Like this:
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8786/mceliteredux4dq2vh7.jpg

Invert the angle of the shoulder armour.

SGWraith
September 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Ya, good call. If he were to try and reach up for something above him as it is now he would be giving himself some major backproblems.

Hotrod
September 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM
It's a great concept, and your model is coming along quite nicely. However, the boots are too small, the neck is too thin and in the wrong position, and I find that the body isn't proportioned well. If you made the top part of the leg a little shorter, it might help. You might want to try to use the original Elite model as a reference for size and proportions, or maybe even restart and use the actual Elite model and change it to make it look like this.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Pooky
September 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
This is being designed for battle, not ceremony right? That crap on the shoulder needs to go because it would be completely useless in a fight, and it needs to be reworked to match the proportions of the Elite. The back especially needs to be bulked up .

ICEE
September 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
This is being designed for battle, not ceremony right? That crap on the shoulder needs to go because it would be completely useless in a fight, and it needs to be reworked to match the proportions of the Elite. The back especially needs to be bulked up .

not to mention it would be in the way. also, if it is made by humans(mjolnir is so i figured...) then it wouldnt have those covenant style shoulder thangs

Con
September 10th, 2007, 09:01 PM
is The Ghost a girl?
Yes she is.

ICEE
September 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM
"HER" voice sure dont sound like a girls then.

OmegaDragon
September 11th, 2007, 12:08 AM
"HER" voice sure dont sound like a girls then.
She took steroids while on the cheer leading team in high school, which decreased her breast size and made her hairy with a deeper voice. ;P

Con
September 11th, 2007, 12:26 AM
nah, she's just a bit of a tomboy

Agamemnon
September 11th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Well, she does have short hair. It used to be longer.

Jay2645
September 11th, 2007, 06:06 PM
She took steroids while on the cheer leading team in high school, which decreased her breast size and made her hairy with a deeper voice. ;P

nah, she's just a bit of a tomboy
It's a little of both, I think.

demonmaster3k
September 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
sorry but elites are WAY WAY more muscular than that...
i would try re-drawing it and scrap that model (kinda reminds me of WOL's effort on the CMT maps, the one i called the skinnay whate bay... yes i did mean skinny white boy)

als, the head sits lower... for reference, look at the halowars trailer
like this here guy:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/209/eliteab0.jpg

i made a critique... yea i know the head needs to be bigger, but bear with me
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1253/919200733938pmia6.jpg

TeeKup
September 19th, 2007, 03:12 PM
The Halo Wars elites were extremely warped. That elite looks like its on steroids. If anything he should follow the new elite from halo 3.

t3h m00kz
September 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I like it.

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Whatever you do, at least base it on the proper elite anatomy. The Halo Wars elites were like "BLARG MY NAME IS BUBBA AND I'VE BEEN IN JAIL FOR TWEEEELVE YEEEARS! I WORKED ON MY PECS BUT... I DIDN'T REALLY WORK ON MY ABS LOL," and remember, they're made by another company, not Bungie.

I mean seriously, compare this BIG ASS UGLY ENSEMBLE-CREATED MOTHER FUCKER
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/209/eliteab0.jpg

to this original, Bungie-created version.
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/thumb/c/c2/FearlessLeader26001200.PNG/506px-FearlessLeader26001200.PNG

I like the Bungie elites.

They make cute noises.

demonmaster3k
September 21st, 2007, 02:08 PM
looking back i HATE that picture i drew, his limbs look too rubber-ish,

the elites look nicer buffer (except that middle is WAAAY too thin)

ICEE
September 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Those halowars elites... they're JUST like the 'boomer' version of normal elites. I think they look awesome, and more formidable. STILL, I must say I prefer the bungie elites, because they're more athletic and ninjaesque.

boomer= gears of war bigass locust doushguys. honestly i dont know a better way to describe them

Con
September 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM
The HW elites are too stylized in proportions.

ICEE
September 21st, 2007, 07:42 PM
yeah but i figure they'll be changed. i mean halowars comes out... when? like 2010?

(little do they know the world ends in 2008)

(refer to my avatar for HOW it will end)

(boosh)

Con
September 21st, 2007, 07:50 PM
My guess is it'll probably be released sometime 2008.

Hotrod
September 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Probably in Spring 2008.