PDA

View Full Version : (forum bug) - wont allow me into the CMT Member Area

Flood55
January 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
About 10 min. ago i was able to get onto the Exclusive Member Area, but i checked again and it said it was private and it would allow me to see the posts. I think this is forum bug and i would like to report it, thank you.
help will be appreciated.

jcap
January 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205

I just implemented this tonight. I was going to make a post about it, but I had decided to wait for the first complaint. If anyone has any questions, please post them in here after reading that post. If there were any contributing members to the forum who have registered less than 20 days ago, but are a regular, please post here and I will manually grant you access.

What's ironic is how this post/topic should have granted you access to the forum.

In addition, I would like to inform any members who have not activated their user account by confirming their email address will be DELETED by 11:00 PM Saturday EST. You have a 24 hour notice, so do not complain if you cannot login the next day because your account is gone.

Flood55
January 5th, 2007, 10:28 PM
So does that mean that i now have access to the forum now?

What's ironic is how this post/topic should have granted you access to the forum.

lol:) just saw that

edit: sorry just saw that i got it back.

Stealth
January 5th, 2007, 11:42 PM
In addition, I would like to inform any members who have not activated their user account by confirming their email address will be DELETED by 11:00 PM Saturday EST. You have a 24 hour notice, so do not complain if you cannot login the next day because your account is gone.
Hey Jcap, why not make it so if some one signs up, they can't veiw CMT's part of the forums, and a count down before their Acounts will be auto removed.
Any ways, I hope this little fix will help with 80% of the poeple who just sign up to download CMT's new Public beta map(s).

gruntboy
January 5th, 2007, 11:51 PM
As soon as I heard about the beta being released, I registered and played. I immediantly posted glitches I found. I did it again with RC3. I know I don't have many posts, but that is because I have been focusing on the beta. I play it a lot and try to find any bugs that will help to make the map better. Could I please have access back into the forum?

Scott-PL
January 6th, 2007, 01:09 AM
I am still unable to access the member area at this time.

Masterz1337
January 6th, 2007, 01:10 AM
When you read this jcap, let grunt in. We'll review the rest of the low posters tomarow.

Monk, you might not be allowed in because of your past history, talk it over with jcap.

Stormwing
January 6th, 2007, 02:13 AM
yeah...um..i can't access it either. Also, i don't think i've recieved any emails..

>_>

mR_r0b0to
January 6th, 2007, 03:52 AM
i can access it fine... woot woot, cmt likes me :]

Jelly
January 6th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Post count check...

Edit: Wow, 20th post.

Edit again: Nope, still can't get in.

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2007, 06:46 AM
post check.

i've been giving tons of advice and ideas for how the CMT maps could be improved.
check my posts in there k :)
i was a little confused iwth why i couldnt get in there lol. so this is your solution to the beta leakers eh? nice idea
hope it works out.

i'm confused now... i have 38 posts, yet i cant see the forum >_>

jcap
January 6th, 2007, 09:28 AM
If you can post, then you have already received and confirmed your email address. You are fine, Stormwing.

Storm, Jelly, and Gruntboy, you should all have access to the forum. You were automatically added to the usergroup right after those posts, so there is no reason you shouldn't see it now.

DemonOne
January 6th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I was about to post a bug for RC3B, but I can't do it now since I haven't post anything in the past.

Where should I post it now?

stalker 4589
January 6th, 2007, 10:41 AM
iv got a topic going now about questions and suggestions id say thats helpfull to the community.

TIA Gangsta
January 6th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Wow..yesterday I could access the member area fine. Then today morning I couldn't even though I had 20 posts, but I THINK I haven't been registered for 20 days or something.
But right now, this afternoon, I can! :confused2:

jcap
January 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Wow..yesterday I could access the member area fine. Then today morning I couldn't even though I had 20 posts, but I THINK I haven't been registered for 20 days or something.
But right now, this afternoon, I can! :confused2:I went through some people and manually added them. You, I had to add since you haven't been registered for more than 20 days, but have shown that you are contributing to this forum.

Oh, and an 11 hour warning for those who have not yet activated their accounts... :)

Abstract.Error
January 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM
It'll be a while before i have 20 posts, :eek:, now i have eight posts....I'm working on it! :)

Dootuz
January 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I just got my new pc back and i really wanted wanted to test :) can you aprove me :)

S117
January 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I always helped when i saw someone who needed it and as for the bugs i never found any that hadn't been posted yet, obviously i looked in the wrong places but i tried :(

Stealth
January 6th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I just got my new pc back and i really wanted wanted to test :) can you aprove me :)
in your deams, I really want to be on CMT's Beta testing team like I was, but that isn't going to happen any time soon, there is a Difrents between Want, and need, and you want something, wich you'll have to work to get your self to, and you've had you chance.

S117
January 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I think he means he wants to see the CMT Member Forum not be on the Beta Team

EDIT: 21 posts !

4RT1LL3RY
January 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I haven't posted alot but I have submitted a few error reports and suggestions. I have spent alot of time on the actual game server, I spent quite a few hours and helped find and report the BRG jump glitch in in RC2.
20 post now, not spam

jcap
January 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The only problem is that you are spending more time in the same threads than you are on the rest of the forum.

FrozenBlade
January 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I think this is an extremely good Idea, thanks for this, even though I can't access them now. :( but it's ok :)

Kyle
January 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Arggggg that means i can't be a lurker anymore. D:

DAMN YOU AND YOUR CRAFTY WAYS CMT!

;p

CtrlAltDestroy
January 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM
OMFGaKYLE

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM

;p

The are trying to limit the beta pool by weeding out the lechers. Nobody like lechers.

S117
January 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
and me? what happens to poor lil S117 :(:p

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
and me? what happens to poor lil S117 :(:p

You also have to be a member for at least 20 days.

S117
January 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM
darn, might have missread that part then....

Kyle
January 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
So the spammers will be... "revoked" as ghost so nicely put it (;p)

Bah... guess I'll have to post constructive posts then... D:

XD

Bossniak
January 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Gah. Need 13 more posts. :p

S117
January 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah Kyle,time to start thinking about that, now just post "ok" might not be considered enough XD

MikeM709
January 6th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Hey Masterz its MAW~Mike from xfire. I haven't checked how many posts I have but I have been contributing and also reporting bugs regularly.

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hey Masterz its MAW~Mike from xfire. I haven't checked how many posts I have but I have been contributing and also reporting bugs regularly.

It tells you how many posts you have under your name on the left side of your post.

MikeM709
January 6th, 2007, 07:44 PM
OMG I'm an idiot. I didn't notice that. YAY now I have 20 posts. wait is that good? I think thats how many we need... Ill go check

EDIT| Nope I still can't get in.

MasterChief2829
January 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure if this is a great idea. Maybe 10 posts. I mean, being active in the rest of the forums really has nothing to do with your help towards the CMT Beta. Plus it only encourages spamming. Oh well, we'll see I guess.

Shmee
January 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
very odd, I had 20 posts but Still couldnt get in...Ill try with 21 now...

Meatshield007
January 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I need to post more. <<

Ghostlysnow
January 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM
wow i realy just dont post much on these forms casue i just play the map and report any bugs.. but there arnt many so it isn't easy...

rossmum
January 7th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is a great idea. Maybe 10 posts. I mean, being active in the rest of the forums really has nothing to do with your help towards the CMT Beta. Plus it only encourages spamming. Oh well, we'll see I guess.
I agree... Thanks to WildHusky for proving the "spam" point. :rolleyes:

Roostervier
January 7th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Definitely, I am sick of seeing the two/three word posters. Also, can any of you define contributing member in CMT's eyes for me? Personally I think it means posting tags, posting problems on the betas, etc. But is that you guys find cotributing? Please tell me, I would like to be as helpful to the community as I can.

dg
January 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I am not in favor of this, but I guess it's been deemed necessary due to recent events.

~dg945~

Jelly
January 7th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I'm able to access it now. Thanks Jcap.

Dootuz
January 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
in your deams, I really want to be on CMT's Beta testing team like I was, but that isn't going to happen any time soon, there is a Difrents between Want, and need, and you want something, wich you'll have to work to get your self to, and you've had you chance.

ok? But anyways yeah I've tryed with 21 post ill try 22 edit didnt work

Roostervier
January 7th, 2007, 09:33 AM
You also have to be a member for 20 days, Dootuz. Or Jcap can manually add you if he thinks you should be able to view it.

jcap
January 7th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Dootuz, the reason I am not adding you is because you suddenly began going on a posting spree to get up to 20 posts. Plus, a lot of your posts are just saying something like "nice!", without contributing any useful content to the conversation at hand. If you had added constructive criticism or said exactly what was so "nice", then it would be a different story. Unfortunately for you, you looked over the part where it says you have to be registered for 20 days before you are granted access.

Flyinrooster, you have really good posts. Although you registered yesterday and I don't have much assurance you are going to keep posting, I am going ahead and granting you access anyway. However, if you turn around and stop, then there will be no reason to grant you anything in return, so you'll have your access revoked.

Also, to anyone who has been registered for more then 20 days and just got 20 posts, the change is NOT instant. Once an hour the forum goes through and adds new members to the list, so it may take up to an hour before you can see the forum.

Kyle
January 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Are my posts good jcap. :D

And to not sound offtopic I have access even though I don't have enough posts. O_o

Do I have a secret admin/mod lover? ;x

<3 to whoever did it.

XD

4RT1LL3RY
January 7th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I have 20 posts now, and my posts were not spam.
One of them is what will happen if a person were to get a 2000 watt power supply, such as the world exploding. Here is the quick comic I made
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/Jjlugnut/Halo/2000WPS.jpg
I really dislike spammers, some of my posts on Bungie.net are rant length, like my one about violence in video games causing violent outburst.

Roostervier
January 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
It has been said just a few messages up the page that you need to be a member for 20 days as well as having 20 posts; have you been a member for 20 days?

Bossniak
January 7th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Kyle you are like everyones dream girl. :x

:P

4RT1LL3RY
January 7th, 2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205

I just implemented this tonight. I was going to make a post about it, but I had decided to wait for the first complaint. If anyone has any questions, please post them in here after reading that post. If there were any contributing members to the forum who have registered less than 30 days ago, but are a regular, please post here and I will manually grant you access.

They are giving access to people who contribute even if they have been in the forums less then 20 days, be sure to check the older posts before saying something, theghost says 20 days, jcap says less then 30 days but contributing.

Roostervier
January 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM
My bad, I was just saying, and making sure he knew, incase jcap or someone else didn't give him access, that's all.

jcap
January 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Oh, whoops. Don't know why I said 30 in that post. I had actually edited Ghost's post, rather than making a new one, so I said 20 there, but 30 in mine. Go figure...

Abstract.Error
January 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Jcap, i have over 20 posts, how come i still cant access the CMT forum?

Chief117
January 7th, 2007, 01:59 PM
not to be repetitive, but i have +20 posts and have been a member for 20 days. does it have to be 20 days exactly or more than 20 days to gain access to that forum. i have given ideas about improvments to cmt, and even created a poll about a change about a biped.

Abstract.Error
January 7th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I think i need 30 posts, oh well....

Trezeguet
January 7th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I think i need 30 posts, oh well....

You need 20 days on the forums and I see you suscribed in December.
Actualy December 25th.

S117
January 7th, 2007, 03:19 PM
what the guy above said
for the ones that dont even like to read the front page.
registered for atleast 20 days or more
20 - 30 posts
and also helpfull to the comunity

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
STILL don't have 20 posts. Guess I can't be lazy. :/ TIME TO BE SOCIAL.

I_Am_Error117
January 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Can I be a regular please:o

dinonid
January 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Get 30 posts.....and I still can't see it.....

Stealth
January 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Um, I think it is 20, and why you can't see it, I don't know wait a hour and check back, you may see it, you've been here for a long time.

I_Am_Error117
January 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I always helped when i saw someone who needed it and as for the bugs i never found any that hadn't been posted yet, obviously i looked in the wrong places but i tried :(

I support him helped me a couple times so I believe he should be let in.

none for me.....oh well I'll be good

Syuusuke
January 7th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Hmm, so this has been made in to avoid any person who wouldn't follow the "DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE" Rule?

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM
:/ STILL can't view it.

rossmum
January 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Hmm, so this has been made in to avoid any person who wouldn't follow the "DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE" Rule?
Supposedly. Whether it'll work or not has yet to be seen.

Honestly though, and I know this applies to some of you at least... if all you came here for was the CMT betas, then you should just forget it and leave now. :|

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I wanna help.... Yet Iunno how to map... Or how to tag.... SOMEONE TEACH ME. T___T

OmegaDragon
January 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I wanna help.... Yet Iunno how to map... Or how to tag.... SOMEONE TEACH ME. T___T

http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/

Have fun!

On topic: Im not In a rush to get to the CMT section, even though i find myself posting regularly lately >.>

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Off-Topic: I love you. You're my hero.

On-Topic: Eh. I kinda gave up. Though I still wanna help. I guess every post doesn't count now. <__<;

dinonid
January 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Um, I think it is 20, and why you can't see it, I don't know wait a hour and check back, you may see it, you've been here for a long time.

To be member its 30.

I_Am_Error117
January 8th, 2007, 10:50 AM
To be member its 30.

The ghosts thread says its 20 posts and 20 days

edit: nvm

Amit
January 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM
what do u mean to be a member? a member of the forum or of the team?

Masterz1337
January 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM

;p
You could just.... say "Hello" to every person that registers :-p

Abstract.Error
January 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Oh well, :shake:

Kyle
January 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM
You could just.... say "Hello" to every person that registers :-p

Good god... you're right. O.o I'm surpised I didn't think of that...

I have access anyway... besides, there aren't that many 'hello I'm new' threads lying around. D:

rossmum
January 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Looking through here, it seems some of you actually think you can get onto the CMT team... look kids, let's not be over-optimistic. If CMT wanted more members, they'd look for people with talents they don't currently have or are in short supply of. I don't know what you're capable of, but to be perfectly honest I doubt any of you who seem to want in are actually capable of producing anything worth CMT's time.

ExAm
January 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
That's just a forum members' exclusive area, not a team members' exclusive area. On a similar note, shouldn't I have access to that forum section by now?

rossmum
January 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
You been a member for 20 days?

ExAm
January 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I thought it was whichever comes first. Oh well. People know me from other forums, though, doesn't that count for something?

halofreak4567
January 8th, 2007, 09:03 PM
You been a member for 20 days?

Im not sure if I have...I still need to get more posts though. :P

Edit: Ok....I havent been a member for 20 days yet. HEHE

Stealth
January 8th, 2007, 11:43 PM
besides, there aren't that many 'hello I'm new' threads lying around. D:
Go to TSL's forums we got a ton there.

rossmum
January 9th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I thought it was whichever comes first. Oh well. People know me from other forums, though, doesn't that count for something?
NO. :p

Don't even worry about it, man. I haven't checked the CMT forum for like a day or two and I intend to stay out for a while... I don't want to get any fanboy drool on my good shirt, and last time I made a suggestion to improve Fragment it was ignored until teh lag did something about it, apparently.

AiRgUItaR901
January 9th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I can't get in! Got my hopes up! No matter what, I am glad you guys are making the maps!

ExAm
January 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Meh.

ThatCrazyFox
January 10th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Well, even if it doesn't work this is a prime opportunity for me to browse this community. Loved what I've been seeing from the vids.

r1ch1e2r1ch
January 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Im new here and I also tried to enter that area on the forums and was rejected. So just letting you know so maybe i can see whats up in there. thx alot!

Doom
January 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
You need 20 post to get in =p. I am awaiting a admin to get on but figure making some post won't kill me.

-Doom

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Once again, it is like that for a reason. You will have to wait the duration of 20 days and have at least 20 posts before you can enter that section. Please do not start bumping and posting just for the sake of having enough posts to get in that section - that is how your posts will get deleted very quickly.

redneck_gamer
January 13th, 2007, 02:47 AM
ok, thanks

jcap
January 13th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Redneck, your every single post you have made within the past HALF HOUR is completely offtopic and unconstructive. You just dug yourself your own grave.

rossmum
January 13th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Served. :3