PDA

View Full Version : I need Help Tranferring....

ComNeo
September 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hey Does anyone know how to get my Halo ce maps From PC onto my Xbox 360????

Or is there even a way to do it????:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: :confused::confused::confused::confused:

teh lag
September 10th, 2007, 02:43 PM
You can't do it, regardless of how annoying all of the confused emots you use in a post are.

SGWraith
September 10th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure thats legal to be honest, and even if it was, anyone you would want to play would need them too if you weren't all the same box. There were some people on another forum I think working on converting some maps for the xbox but I haven't heard anything of it lately so I think the project stalled and died.

Inferno
September 10th, 2007, 06:04 PM
actually there are alot of CE to xbox maps out there... but you need to mod your xbox 360's firmware... which is to say the least a fucking bitch. (trust me i know) then youd need to rip halo 1 as a iso and then rebuild the iso to a dual layer setup with the xbox 360 backup encryption... and then well it might work.

Inferno
September 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM
:omfg:
what an interesting and profound statement.

Con
September 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
:omfg:
Please don't make posts like.

hobojoe
September 11th, 2007, 10:31 AM
opps got the wrong smiley. I was just amazed at what you had to do to your xbox.

teh lag
September 11th, 2007, 01:36 PM
opps got the wrong smiley. I was just amazed at what you had to do to your xbox.

That's not the point. Please try to make your posts more constructive, k?

Nimverus
September 11th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I dunno know if thats possible...

hobojoe
September 11th, 2007, 02:53 PM
That's not the point. Please try to make your posts more constructive, k?

got it I didn't mean to afend anyone from my post

SGWraith
September 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
The point teh lag is making is not that your post offended anyone, its that it added nothing to the thread. If you were amazed at what he did to his xbox, then saying that instead of using an emoticon would have been the thing to do.

Inferno
September 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I dunno know if thats possible...

lolz did i not just say it was...

anways here something i got bookmarked. its basically 1 thing im looking forward too when i get a new 360. since my 3rlod'ed back a while ago and since its painted... well im pretty sure microsoft would notice its modified.

anyways check this out http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=52750 :)

and if your amazed at what i did to my xbox then +rep me lolz

SGWraith
September 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cool, they included SniperCanyonRedux in their map pack. Its an awesome map but I hardly find anyone playing it these days. :/

Inferno
September 11th, 2007, 03:24 PM
thats the great thing about xbox. SPLIT SCREEN and thats the one flaw of pc gaming. lack of split screen. idk why they dont just implement it and allow us to hook up 2 game pads and split screen it on our monitors lol (not that i use a gamepad 2 mouses and 2 keyboards would work too)

ComNeo
September 21st, 2007, 10:04 AM
ok, so is there a way to like put the maps on a flash drive and just put em on the 360, or do i have to mod my 360:confused:(for the record i won't mod it)?

OmegaDragon
September 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
ok, so is there a way to like put the maps on a flash drive and just put em on the 360, or do i have to mod my 360:confused:(for the record i won't mod it)?

You have to mod your 360 and rework the coding on the maps and on the game. There is no simple way whatsoever.

Inferno
September 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM
You have to mod your 360 and rework the coding on the maps and on the game. There is no simple way whatsoever.

partially true. you dont have to modify the game to much. you just changeing the format of it from single layer iso to dual layer iso.

but still. if your not gonna mod your xbox. your not gonna mod Halo xbox.

you can however mod halo 2 without opening your xbox 360. you do have to open the harddrive though. which is pretty easy to open. and pretty easy to put back together. :D

Mr Buckshot
September 21st, 2007, 11:12 PM

My god, did you not read the replies?

Let me explain things a bit.

Halo CE is different enough from Halo Xbox for the two to be incompatible in terms of map files. This is an xbox 1 game here, not Shadowrun.

You have to mod your xbox 360 to be able to transfer any files that modify game content. Even then, you can't simply drag and drop the map files into the xbox 360 as they simply won't work - you have to modify the files themselves first to be compatible with the xbox.

One more thing, you'd also have to download a cracked version of the Xbox game to use custom content at all, then transfer it to the hard drive (if you own the legal game, downloading a ripped ISO is less troublesome than ripping the game from scratch).

Bottom line: You can put custom maps in the Xbox version of Halo 1, but you can't simply drag a CE map into the Xbox and expect it to work at all. Same thing goes for Halo 2, or any game that's on both PC and xbox/xbox 360.

P.S. if you REALLY want to play custom Halo content on a console, the original Xbox 1 is easier to mod and transfer files to. If you have the old system, use that instead and preserve that 3 year warranty on the xbox 360.

P.S. (2): Just use your PC if you want CE maps.

ComNeo
September 21st, 2007, 11:26 PM
ok, could ya tell me how to open my hard drive?

is it like physicaly opening it, or digitaly?:confused2:

sry if i seem like a noob, but i deal with computers, not Xbox's.

oh, btw if anyone wants to feel jelous of these ppl, click on this link (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/11886) these ppl i don't know them, but theyre lucky!

Mr Buckshot
September 21st, 2007, 11:29 PM
The only reason to copy custom maps to the xbox would be if those maps were SP maps with co-op mode (since co-op mode is only on xbox). Playing them through Halo CE on a computer is a superior experience, especially in terms of controls.

About the hard drive - you physically open that enclosure but you don't harm the actual hard drive, no. Then you place the hard drive in a different USB-compatible enclosure and do the stuff.

Inferno
September 22nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
usb enclosure isnt nescary. you just hotplug the drive via SATA port.
then use xplorer360 to view the files on the disk.

btw u need a torx 8 screwdriver to open hardrive case

Kiwibird
September 22nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
I saw on halomods.com awhile back someone did it. I think there was a program and tutorial, in fact. Sorry that I can't give you a direct link.