PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering.....

thehoodedsmack
September 10th, 2007, 03:05 PM
In Halo CE, there is no animation when weapons are changed. Any way to add an animation? It's a quick yes or no question. I wouldn't suggest saying "no", however, unless you're certain that it's impossible. Thanks in advance.

Tweek
September 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
yes

Hunter
September 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM
it could be possible but it might not sync correctly, you would probobly have to use a script to tell it run a certain animation and detect what weapon you are drawing, if is possible it would be mint to make it for the backpack weapons.

Im may be wrong completely lol, im taking a guess with my understanding of the game engine and netcode and stuff

Tweek
September 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM
it could be possible but it might not sync correctly, you would probobly have to use a script to tell it run a certain animation and detect what weapon you are drawing, if is possible it would be mint to make it for the backpack weapons.
uhhh

TeeKup
September 10th, 2007, 03:30 PM

Im may be wrong completely lol, im taking a guess with my understanding of the game engine and netcode and stuff

You're completely wrong.

thehoodedsmack
September 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
So would it be a scripting thing then? These are great replies, by the way.

CtrlAltDestroy
September 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM
In FP, there already is such an animation (ready).
In TP, the animation slot is provided, but it doens't do anything.

Bastinka
September 10th, 2007, 05:10 PM

First person animations don't need to sync as being nobody but the client will be able to see it.

thehoodedsmack
September 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
In FP, there already is such an animation (ready).
In TP, the animation slot is provided, but it doens't do anything.

Doesn't do anything currently, as in it doesn't have an animation loaded? Or doesn't do anything at all?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Tried it; doesn't do anything at all.

thehoodedsmack
September 10th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hmm. Tweek, do you have any insight besides "yes"?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I have an idea that might work:

Use a script to detect what weapon the player is holding.
Store it to a variable.
Wait until the player's readied weapon doesn't equal the one stored in the variable.
Play an animation
Store the new readied weapon to the variable.

kenney001
September 10th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I did something like that to run my dual wielding script. The thing is, when you switch weapons, by the time the varialble is changed, the weapon is no longer recognized and the animation wont play.

Now theres probably a way, we just need to find it.

CtrlAltDestroy
September 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Which is why you use a (sleep (custom_animation_time )) before you replace the variable.