PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity killed the map D:

MNC
September 12th, 2007, 01:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/radioshitty.png

Lookit what it did to me :(

Any help on this? I put a new sky on dangercanyon, and go to run radiosity, my very first time -giggles-
I use sapien, and use quality 0.
The level is finished, I save the bitmap, and compile the map. Huh, that looks pretty nice. However, I'm not happy with the bad quality.

So I decided to do another run, this time quality 1.
This time I used HEK+ and ToolEX. It's done, I open up the scenario in sapien (needed to do some minor fixes for other stuff) and the level looks cool. Different lighting in a known level certainly looks good.

However, when my map is compiled, I start 'r up, and I get this kiddyblanket for landscape skin in my map. Do I need to stop using ToolEX? Please help.

(It is, however a pretty cool dynamic light when walking through it)

SGWraith
September 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Lol, I've seen that before when I was doing mutiple skies on a map. During the process one of them turned out looking like that but I can't remember how I fixed it.:eyesroll:

For now I would recommend re-running radiosity. You may need to get some of the original files and delete the ones you modified too but I'm not sure on that.

Sever
September 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Might just be your graphics card or something of that nature... I got the same pattern throughout the campaign when playing HPC on a laptop.

MNC
September 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
No, it's not the graphics card, I could run Halo "fine" before.

I'll just try and re-radiosity, this time without HEK+ though, see if that changes anything.

SGWraith
September 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I run radiosity from within Sapien with the halo command prompt. Its probably not the best way to do it but it works for me.

radiosity_quality 0
radiosity_start
radiosity_save

MNC
September 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that's what I did the first time. But I was more interested in quality 1 and seeing as Sapien already runs so slow on my PC I decided to use HEK+

SGWraith
September 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Doing lightmaps in tool might be a bit easier on your comp since you don't have sapien running in the background.

Bad Waffle
September 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
sometimes you have to re-export the BSP because it still uses the same uv coordinates for the lightmaps as the last time, instead of redoing them. Just run it in tool. It happens on lower power processors and graphics cards.

MNC
September 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I think you guys misread my post - I did my radiosities twice, once with Sapien on Q0, and once with ToolEX on Q1. Isn't ToolEX just the same as Tool with a shell?

SGWraith
September 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
What Wave of Lag is saying is that you need new bsp files because your current one isn't updating to the new radiosity information.

MNC
September 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM
But it did before. Anyway, do I just re extract the scenario bsp files from the dangercanyon.map? I had them backed up just in case.