PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2 : Request!

yoyorast
September 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM
K Guys, sorry for silence of the past weeks but I didn't got any good news to give so I prefered not comunicate.. well the only good news is that Thailand was magic and you guys must go there for some vacations, it's a real paradise..
Back from thoses vacations V2 was supposed to be released shortly.. but it didn't went as planed :(.. To make short, I gave TheGhost a big list of things to do while I was under the tropical sun :D.. 20 days after he had a big part of the job done I guess but lost everything in a HD crash (including the already done old job: mostly sapien work, populations, tags, ground textures, teleporters etc..) After that he (and I) got so desperate.. at the same time he was starting school again so didn't had so much time as before.. So I looked for another "ingaming tech chief man" (I remind here to everybody that I neverfound time to learn how to use HEK :p shame..).. then I found CtrlAltDestroy (that was already working on the scripts).. Ghost had great idea to recover the old lost stuff with HEK+.. CtrlAlt did that and now works on what I asked him that remains to be done.. So I'm very happy to have him on the project now, he seems to be very good, the only problem is that he mostly can work on week ends only.. that's why thingsare taking more time than planed.. but we'll get to the end of the tunnel soon enough (I know what you're thinking, but believe me, I never ceased to work and try make the project going forward for 2 years now.. I'm like fed up and so frustrated.. but the passion is still burning, I won't give up)..

Ok now about the request : I emailed Madworkz 5 times in one month, I got absolutly no answer.. I think I'm going to have to forget the idea of his H3 Mogoose.. Sad sad thing.. but we never know, if anyone of you knows him or can contact him in any way, please tell him, I'm desperatly waiting a word from him.. Maybe there's still a chance..

On the other hand, I'm calling here every nice skilled guy who'd like to be part of the V2 story.. What I would like is very simple :
Take the old Killa's Mongoose - Make the driver not able to fire while driving anymore but his position on the seat must remain the same as in V1 - the anim when he seats must be natural and clean - the back seat must be active too for a second player facing the back and he must be able to fire at 180°.. That's all!

Send me a PM here or join me on AIM , it's : yoyorast

I hope some of you will take this challenge cause we ain't got much time now.. Please guys, help me on this, It would hurt to put hogs in the ATV base and I don't want the old ATV anymore..

PS for Jay : you can always improve yours jay, it needed some more work last time I saw it..

Thanks for reading guys, the wait is nearly over :D..

PS : Keep it up to the Maximum you can CtrlAlt.. Thks man!
..and Ghost, I miss you man hehe.. Thks for everything you did!

OmegaDragon
September 12th, 2007, 08:30 PM
At least its going forward again :D
Great to hear that it never got canceled.

Bastinka
September 12th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah!
Go yoyorast!
And hai I'm learning french :O

je suis de New Hampshire, et toi?
Comment ca va?

Rosco
September 13th, 2007, 03:50 PM
<story i knew here>

Man, it sucks you had to come to this. I wish best of luck for CAD and I hope ghost regains some passion to work again. :)

Digikid
September 13th, 2007, 04:32 PM
We are still rooting for ya Yoyo.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sel
September 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Im orgasming every second I wait for this to be released.

Id be happy to help in any way I can, and Im pretty sure I could do the back seat thingy, just hook me up with the mongoose model.

Jay2645
September 13th, 2007, 06:03 PM
K Guys, sorry for the silence of the past weeks but I didn't got any good news to give so I preferred not to communicate. The only good news is that Thailand was magical and you guys must go there for some vacations, it's a real paradise.
V2 was supposed to be released shortly after I got back from that vacation, but it didn't go as planned :(. To make a long story short, I gave TheGhost a big list of things to do while I was under the tropical sun :D. 20 days after he had a big part of the job done I guess but lost everything in a HD crash (Including the old job, but it was mostly Sapien work, populations, tags, ground textures, teleporters etc..) After that he (and I) got so desperate. At the same time he was starting school again so didn't had so much time as before. So I looked for another "ingame tech chief man" (I remind here to everybody that I never found time to learn how to use the HEK :p shame..).. then I found CtrlAltDestroy (that was already working on the scripts).. Ghost had great idea to recover the old lost stuff with HEK+.. CtrlAlt did that and now works on what I asked him that remains to be done.. So I'm very happy to have him on the project now, he seems to be very good, the only problem is that he mostly can work on weekends only, so that's why things are taking more time than planned. but we'll get to the end of the tunnel soon enough (I know what you're thinking, but believe me, I never ceased to work and try make the project going forward for 2 years now.. I'm like fed up and so frustrated.. but the passion is still burning, I won't give up).

Ok, now about the request : I emailed Madworkz 5 times in one month; I got absolutely no answer. I think I'm going to have to forget the idea of his H3 Mongoose. Sad sad thing.. but we never know, if anyone of you knows him or can contact him in any way, please tell him, I'm desperately waiting a word from him.. Maybe there's still a chance..

On the other hand, I'm calling here every nice skilled guy who'd like to be part of the V2 story.. What I would like is very simple :
Take Killa's old Mongoose - Make the driver not able to fire while driving anymore but his position on the seat must remain the same as in V1 - the animation when he seats must be natural and clean - the back seat must be active too for a second player facing the back and he must be able to fire at 180&#176;.. That's all!

Send me a PM here or join me on AIM , it's : yoyorast

I hope some of you will take this challenge cause we ain't got much time now.. Please guys, help me on this, It would hurt to put hogs in the ATV base and I don't want the old ATV anymore..

PS for Jay : you can always improve yours jay, it needed some more work last time I saw it..

Thanks for reading guys, the wait is nearly over :D..

PS : Keep it up to the Maximum you can CtrlAlt.. Thanks man!
..and Ghost, I miss you man hehe.. Thanks for everything you did!
Fixed some of your English for you (I understand, it being your second language and all, and it's still better then most people's here).
I have vastly improved the thing since when you saw it last, Yoyo. It still uses the same model, but I've redone the animations and made them look better overall. I am no longer using the Hog's animations for the backseat now, lol.
I'm in school as well, but tomorrow I should be on late enough to get in contact with you and send you the new one. Unfortunately, I still haven't fixed the whole lack of a 360&#186; view in the driver's seat bug. I'm still trying, but it's not going over so well.
Also, do you want a 3rd person or 1st person backseat? In 3rd person, it's easier to aim, but the bullets don't go where you're aiming. You get used to it, but that's why Halo 1 has no 3rd person passenger seat.
1st person, it's harder to aim, but when you fire, you actually fire where you're aiming at.
Your choice, it's YOYORAST Island V2, after all.

P.S. I can make custom CTF flags as well, if you want me to make any, get in contact with me.

LlamaMaster
September 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Yoyo, you told me it was almost done like a year ago :(. I expect the release in a while, but certainly not soon. Sorry, it's just how these things go. :p Also, can't wait!

SGWraith
September 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Heck, even if I had to wait another year to get V2, you still got my download Yoyo :D

Digikid
September 15th, 2007, 09:23 AM
We all support you Yoyo. Never forget that.