PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Updates thread

Bad Waffle
September 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Evolution
Something to make you go, "Wow!"
(cough, thanks for the subtitle for now Stealth1000)

Feel free to discuss Evolution in this thread.

Stealth
September 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
here is a idea for a subtitle,

Evolution
Something to make you go, "Wow!" in Halo 2 Vista.

well any ways, that looks real cool, but nothing can beat CMT's Sniper rifle, but the models look real cool.

Bad Waffle
September 10th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Bah, we (cmt) used the halo 1 sniper body and added on cool stuff. you gotta think outside of the halobox, man! my sniper so much cooler than 1337's, its got all this cool stuff on it! ;d

TheGhost
September 11th, 2006, 12:01 AM
What's the polycount like for those models?

Bad Waffle
September 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM
For high res, the one i have right now reaches up into 30k. When i'm done there's no doubt it'll be at least double that from the detail. I dont really care about the polycount on highres, because the detail in the normalmap not the polygons because it's what's visible ingame.

TheGhost
September 11th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Oh, and Halo 2 Vista should be able to do higher res models than we're used to anyway.

Bad Waffle
September 11th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Oh, and Halo 2 Vista should be able to do higher res models than we're used to anyway.

It should, but im not going to be a loser and have 100 60k models with lod's on screen at the same time. Lods and normal mapping FTW!!

Teroh
September 11th, 2006, 01:08 AM
One word.
Sexalicious.
I like the second one, looks like a P90. :)

Rescudo
September 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Wow, those weapons are awesome. I'm really looking forward to this! :)

Oh, by the way, the second gun reminds me of a P90 as well.

PlasbianX
September 11th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Awesome. I havent been on your forums in a while, so i guess ill check em out.

Zenaku213
September 11th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Nice modeling, I really like the AMG.

mined
September 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Is a comprehensive back story available for evolution?

Bad Waffle
September 11th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Is a comprehensive back story available for evolution?

The game is actually designed around a story designed and reviewed by 3 people, and viewed by about 13 for everything else o_o

Agamemnon
September 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I'll go out on a whim on this but if you need another talented writer you know where to find me. Seriously. I think wallpapers and avatars is too little when contributing to the community; I wouldn't mind getting involved in something that someone has an idea about.

And no, I'm not asking to be part of it, I'm just kind of throwing out what's on my mind.

mined
September 11th, 2006, 07:37 PM
The game is actually designed around a story designed and reviewed by 3 people, and viewed by about 13 for everything else o_o

So, in other words, it is one big secret? :D

Zeph
September 11th, 2006, 08:38 PM

I'm working on fleshing it out into a comprehensible and playable storyline. It's kinda hard when you have to play by a different set of rules. Writing for a game and writing for a movie/book are completely different.

>_>

Not only that, but my attention span when writing on it drops dramatically.

Rescudo
September 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
http://www.diskusjon.no/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif

Just like on GBX forums, but without the military theme http://www.diskusjon.no/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif

Bad Waffle
September 13th, 2006, 12:11 AM
yum, i made the hunter 4x4 and its hot.

Next is the fp hands, and then i have to get a lot of stuff ingame <_<

~A.
September 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I like that sniper. When can I shoot it?

PlasbianX
September 13th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I like that sniper. When can I shoot it?

When its done. :lol:

Bad Waffle
September 13th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Okay...almost done with school and stuff. Might model fp arms tonight, and send em to 1337 for riggz.

CtrlAltDestroy
September 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Bah, we (cmt) used the halo 1 sniper body and added on cool stuff. you gotta think outside of the halobox, man! my sniper so much cooler than 1337's, its got all this cool stuff on it! ;d

:'(

rossmum
September 14th, 2006, 04:20 AM
yum, i made the hunter 4x4 and its hot.

Next is the fp hands, and then i have to get a lot of stuff ingame <_<
I concur.

Update needs more n00b t00b :p

Atty
September 14th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Look too generic to me.

Bad Waffle
September 14th, 2006, 08:36 AM
How do you figure its generic? I've never seen anything like this.

mined
September 22nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the archive thread. Everything is looking Tase-T! I'm still looking for at least a teaser on the storyline...:D

Zeph
September 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
*smacks wave*
I said no!

Bad Waffle
September 22nd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Damn it, i was really hoping you wouldn't see it -_<

Oh well.

Zeph
September 22nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
erase! or I'll sic TheGhost upon thou.

mined
September 22nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Wave...Zeph,

Thanks for the peaky-peaky. I liked what I read. Zeph if your the author...Kudos. :lol:

My only other question is the time frame. Near future, far future, "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away?"

BUT, if you don't want to answer...no problem. I understand.

:cool:

Stealth
September 22nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
erase! or I'll sic TheGhost upon thou.
Oh boy, that sounds like fun, aren't you happy that not very meny people know about this Forum?

Zeph
September 22nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I dont want any of it to be public yet. There's soo much that can, will, and might change. That little part that he put up might not even exsist in tomorrow. Not only that, but it's unprofessional and not smart to do anything of the kind soo far away from launch; even an alpha. And that was an outline. The script wont come until cutscenes are ready to be made and I'm looking up phone numbers and email addresses for my voice actors.

mined
September 22nd, 2006, 11:33 PM
Well, regardless of what you do with your existing work, it still provides a tiny glimpse of insight into what Evolution is about. I appreciate having that opportunity. :D

BTW, are you all going to hold auditions for your voice actors (i.e. have those interested post an audio clip of themselves reading a test script) or are you going to just use friends?

Bad Waffle
September 23rd, 2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I dont want any of it to be public yet. There's soo much that can, will, and might change. That little part that he put up might not even exsist in tomorrow. Not only that, but it's unprofessional and not smart to do anything of the kind soo far away from launch; even an alpha. And that was an outline. The script wont come until cutscenes are ready to be made and I'm looking up phone numbers and email addresses for my voice actors.

Which is why i chose that tidbit to give to him, lol.

To mined:

anybody who can act well and sound right can try out. I actually have a little card of info if you want to try it out. These parts are pretty energetic, so make you're in the right environment before you go screaming, "WOOHOO!!" or something in the middle of the night. People might get suspicious of what you are doing on the computer >_>

Overall note: feel free to add your own lines, as long as they fit in. This'll provide variety.

Actor: marine pvt

"crazy"
Tone: crazy, "on fire baby" additude
Lines:
I think somebody just got MODED!
Game and set, beyotches!
Who yo daddy, im yo daddy!
Take it up the rear like your mamma taught ya!

"just got shot in the side/die"
Tone: you're getting shot at, take a guess
Lines:
(assorted grunts, screeches, whatever)

"marine squad talk"
Tone: assertive, taking control, a sense of confidence and humor
Lines:
Flank em!
Move up that side!
Firing main 1-2!
Target eliminated, environment clear.

"Something bad happened"
Tone: grim
Lines:
Man, we barely made it out of there alive...
Casualty report, where's Jenkins?
I wont be able to sleep for a long time after this crap...
I never want that to happen. Ever, again.

Rescudo
September 23rd, 2006, 05:21 AM
I love the update, good work http://www.diskusjon.no/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif

Bad Waffle
September 23rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
NOOO! my weird rocket-launcher design that i modeled up got lost. Time to make a new one :(