PDA

View Full Version : HMT/HHT help

t3h m00kz
September 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Okay. I've been looking all over and I can't find this for the frickin' life of me.

I'm modding HPC levels, and I can't figure this out. It's really irritating.

How do I get projectiles like the ones from the AR to headshot? How do I add recoil to the sniper rifle similar to the recoil when you fire an overcharge? There's NO TUTORIALS ANYWHERE for either of these.

How do I transfer weapon data from one map to another SUCCESSFULLY? Save meta from one, inject meta into another... doesn't do a damn thing. It's REALLY FRICKIN' irritating.

Inferno
September 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM
dude. your in completely the wrong place to talk about modding hpc.

and i lol'd
saveing and injecting meta is for hexing not adding new stuff to a map.
to add new stuff you either have to PMI and rebuild. or you can just rebuild.

halomods has a decent HPC modding section try there they have about 1.4 to 1.6 billion tutorials for modding HPC to. :)

Pooky
September 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
This is the wrong place ot ask that, all you're going to get here is "HMT R OBSOLETE LULZ" (never mind the massive amount of work that went into it, and how great it was for its time. ungrateful dipshipts).

You might try PM'ing CAD though, he made a bunch of tutorials on modding HPC, several of which I used.

MNC
September 14th, 2007, 03:36 PM
That's why Sapien and tags are so damn yay.

If you really want to mod PC maps, well, tutorials can be found at modhalo.net and stuff. To have a weapon in another map you have to rebuild the whole map. It's a long HMT progress from last century.

teh lag
September 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM
That's why Sapien and tags are so damn yay.

If you really want to mod PC maps, well, tutorials can be found at modhalo.net and stuff. To have a weapon in another map you have to rebuild the whole map. It's a long HMT progress from last century.

^

Map rebuilding is what you need to learn how to do for most of the cool PC modding stuff. It's not very fun and takes a while to learn even for single-bsp MP maps (let alone singleplayer maps,) but it's worth it. I used to be really good at that stuff before I moved to CE... this really takes me back.

t3h m00kz
September 16th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Okay. I've figured out alot of this stuff, while also learning that HMT and HHT is completely incompatible with CE. Which is quite unfortunate because HEK seems much more complicated, and it would take a while for me to learn how to use.

So, would there be any way for me to take my old modded Blood Gulch and convert it into something CE compatible?

I know we don't need any more garbage Blood Gulch variants, but I need start somewhere eh?

Pooky
September 16th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Okay. I've figured out alot of this stuff, while also learning that HMT and HHT is completely incompatible with CE.

Well that's not completely true. You can hex edit a CE map to read as a PC map then mod it with HMT/HHT, convert it back to a CE map and play it. There's a tutorial for it somewhere...

Gamerkd16
September 16th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Halo PC/CE converter app exists on halomaps:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1082

t3h m00kz
September 16th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Halo PC/CE converter app exists on halomaps:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1082

Okay thanks alot, I'll check it out.. hope it converts PC to CE and not just vice versa.

Well that's not completely true. You can hex edit a CE map to read as a PC map then mod it with HMT/HHT, convert it back to a CE map and play it. There's a tutorial for it somewhere...

See the problem with that is I don't know what the hell Hex editing is and all that crap.. all I've really done is mess around with variables, use a few plugins to make a few weapons headshot, add recoil, swap out projectiles, stuff like that. Hex editing is, at this point, way over my league... I just hope I can learn a bit more before Halo 3 takes over my life.

MNC
September 16th, 2007, 04:43 AM
HEX editing is the core of modding. I remember when I made my assault rifle shoot wraith mortars :awesome:

You really should take a dive into HEX editing. It's got alot of information about maps.

Also, Phenomena has made some plugins which allow you to change the variables Guerilla also lets you change. Somewhere on halomods.

t3h m00kz
September 16th, 2007, 04:53 AM
baeleted imagery

MNC
September 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM
You have converted a map named m00kgulch. Halo PC can only open up PC maps that came with the game; bloodgulch, sidewinder, hangemhigh etc.

t3h m00kz
September 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
You have converted a map named m00kgulch. Halo PC can only open up PC maps that came with the game; bloodgulch, sidewinder, hangemhigh etc.

Actually I copied the BG variant I created for HPC and renamed it m00kgulch, converted it to a CE map, and tried to open it with CE. That's CE you're seeing there.

Inferno
September 17th, 2007, 03:26 PM
if you rename a map file. it will NOT work anymore. dosent matter if its CE or PC.

t3h m00kz
September 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
if you rename a map file. it will NOT work anymore. dosent matter if its CE or PC.

Is there any way to fix that? Go into the some files and rename a few things it or some shit?

Jay2645
September 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
No, the best I can offer is to stick the default BG in a different folder, rename Mookgulch back to Blood Gulch, then convert it to CE, extract the map with HEK+, then compile a renamed .scenario file, and it should play in CE.

t3h m00kz
September 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
No, the best I can offer is to stick the default BG in a different folder, rename Mookgulch back to Blood Gulch, then convert it to CE, extract the map with HEK+, then compile a renamed .scenario file, and it should play in CE.

Okay, thanks alot. I'll try it out :p

EDIT: Actually, would you (or anyone else) mind listing off the steps for that? I might miss something xD

Just use my modded Bloodgulch in HEK to decompile it into a bunch of CE-compatible tags, then rename the .scenario file, and recompile it?