PDA

View Full Version : [Map] Swarm

DECOY
January 6th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Swarm
(Weapons tag credits in readme in mod DL)
Heavily modified Icefields CE map.
Multiplayer all games EXCEPT race.
Race gametype is single player plus friendly AI versus the Flood
Go flag to flag to complete circuits and win.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9672/swarmf8gz1.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6849/swarmf5up1.jpg

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1106/swarmf14ge6.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/200/swarmf13zf6.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2017/swarmf10qr5.jpg

I have uploaded onto Halomaps.org
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2352

DECOY
January 6th, 2007, 06:23 PM
You wouldn't by any chance be posting a 2 or 3 word sentence in every topic trying to make 20 posts so you can get in the CMT forums....would you?

legionaire45
January 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM
its interesting but could have used a few tweaks here and there in terms of level geometry. If it were more damaged looking to match the rusty look it would be cool.

DECOY
January 6th, 2007, 06:29 PM
yeah, true.
The whole process was actually just me learning how to create bitmaps and shaders.....:D plus a little bit of scripting for the AI.

Pics dont really do it justice, it was a blast to put it together.

Trezeguet
January 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM
All I can say from the pictures is that the textures give the map a creepy feeling to it. I can see its another AI map but it looks interesting. Not something I would play with other people but Killing AI by myself in a lan might be fun for awhile.

DECOY
January 6th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Its only AI on race gametype.
Its fully functional multiplayer without AI on all other gametypes. The encounters are scripted, so theres a nice little ambush.......:D

WhiteRaven
January 6th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Looks neat. The one shot looks rainbow-y, though. :P

4RT1LL3RY
January 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM
In the third picture are you holding a freaky looking gun or is that the gravity gun and that is a weird wall. Cause it looks like a flood cannon. I can't wait to play race on it.

DECOY
January 6th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I think thats the limbs of a dead biped hanging down off the wall ledge.....

rossmum
January 7th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Cool, I'll download it in a little while :)

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Can't wait to see how it turned out... but I'll download it ;ater cause it's 2:30 AM now.

Roostervier
January 7th, 2007, 08:04 AM
It looks really good man. Very good job on making it look more like a swamp. When I saw the first picture I thought, "I bet there will be flood in this."... how did I know they would be in there? Lol, anyway, great job, like on sandwinder, DECOY. You are very good at reskinning and shaders btw.

Abstract.Error
January 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Looks cool! :)

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Downloading now, but I have to finish the ridiculous amount of dishes my family put in the sink in a day before I can play it.

DECOY that HaloPC.net download link seems to be broken and I can't find it on halomaps

Syuusuke
January 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I would download that if I had my good graphics cards, but from the screenies, it looks very...unique and different, very different actually from ice fields.

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm downloading this now. It looks awesome. Better not let me down. (^O_o)/

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I repeat my previous statement, is the download working for other people?

DECOY
January 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I just clicked on it and it worked for me?

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 05:43 PM
For me the page starts loading and just never finishes ... and what about a halomaps download?

DECOY
January 7th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I submitted it to Halomaps yesterday, but depending on how many files are ahead of it.......

http://rapidshare.com/files/10721606/Swarm.rar.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/10721606/Swarm.rar.html)

I put one up onto rapidshare, see if that works for you.

dinonid
January 7th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Looks good.

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Rapidshare annoys me greatly X.x
But the download is working now, much better.
Thanks! Can't wait to play this, I'd like to see it hosted on one of CMT's servers

dinonid
January 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yea.

4RT1LL3RY
January 7th, 2007, 06:42 PM
When I use Winrar to try and unzip the file I get an error that says the map is corrupt.
I redownloaded it and it worked this

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I like the map. Though... << Those Flood really get annoying with rockets.

DECOY
January 7th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Cant let a few rocket wielding flood get you down. You have to decide if you're going after the flags to complete the circuitsto win or staying in the firefight to save the marines. ( they will get wiped out without you, Flood respawn 3 to every one marine....) getting through a bridge swarming with flood on lap three is hard.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2352
Yay! halomaps DL is up!

4RT1LL3RY
January 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
It is very fun, I like the dual magnums, very fun with dev mode. Combine dual magnums with bottomless clip on with my controller with joy2key on it is sweet, repeat rate of 10 presses per second makes it fire like an SMG.
I don't play for real with a controller though, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with controller joysticks. Also how about you make a second version of the map where after the combat forms on top of bridge are usually dead have it spawn infection forms to resurrect them, maybe spawn them once a minute. Very nice and fun, how well does the AI sync online with low 100 ping?

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 10:53 PM
.... I wanna play Swarm now. <<; Who's on? Wait. Who would be on if they could answer this- I'm lost.

OmegaDragon
January 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
This map interests me. Sounds like a real blast.
*goes to download* Bah! I hate rapidshare and their waiting time:mad:

I think it got uploaded to Halomaps though

EDIT: O_o this is icefields!?!?!?

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yes it is. HURRY UP I WANNA PLAY WITH SOMEONE. Gimme your Xfire username too or I'll eat you. o_o .... Okay maybe not that.

DECOY
January 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Very nice and fun, how well does the AI sync online with low 100 ping?

They dont.

The ai will always have equivalent of absolute zero ping on the map, so even with great ping (33) you wont get proper syncing online. I do have a modified PC map that uses vehicles / actv combos for better performance online, but even that is sketchy with 16 players.

I recommend not using the race gametype online. I restricted the number of spawn points on race specifically to prevent it. I was going to script in a player count as a safety, so that if player list was greater than one, the ai would be erased. ( I didnt get round to it.)

I could make a CE version of the combo actv mod, and see what effect the delaginator has on it....?

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
That might work. Though... Who knows. o_o

rossmum
January 8th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I doubt it.

DECOY
January 8th, 2007, 06:20 AM
I doubt it.

Me too. Which is why I dropped the mod /project.

We had success playing online against the vehicle_AI's and they were killable by all game joiners.
But every so often one would go laggy/ warpy and become indestructable.

If you had ping of 100+ then it was not so good.....:p

Pooky
January 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I had a blast fighting the Flood, this would be great on a dedicated server running CTF. We need one...

X3RO SHIF7
January 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
kinda creepy, interesting though - would b better if the textures on the floor werent the same as the ones on the wall

Pooky
January 9th, 2007, 03:27 PM
That reminds me... brb with a pic of something really stupid

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/492d7c0486049a8c2083221d59e2e2d5efa3db0c.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/671192f5e825fec445e4bf213d253019511f013f.png

The first one is really more of an engine bug than a map bug, but the second one shows some serious tiling going on. It's a shame cause the rest of the map looked so nice

DECOY
January 9th, 2007, 03:48 PM
no idea what the first one is........

The second one is probably because it is a tile. (A square one.) very detailed tech panel tile.

Same thing happens if you look at some of the Halo floor textures.
If you could get far enough back from the cliffs you would be able to see the tiling there too......

Overall I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at skinning anything.

Pooky
January 9th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Oh I never said it was a bad first attempt DECOY, it looks great. But the tiling in the bases looks really bad even when you're in the base. The first one as I said is an engine glitch as it appears in other maps with swords, but it still looks funny. Would a slightly higher poly sword model really be too hard?

DECOY
January 9th, 2007, 03:54 PM
The first one as I said is an engine glitch as it appears in other maps with swords, but it still looks funny. Would a slightly higher poly sword model really be too hard?

Swords not mine, I think it was a combination of Doc O and Jahrain's.

Pooky
January 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Oh I know it's not. I just don't get why they made the model so crappy, it's not like Halo couldn't handle a few more polys on that sword

AiRgUItaR901
January 9th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Looks creepy! I'm not a real fan of A.I. maps, but looks like you did a fantastic job man! Nice work!

DECOY
January 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
It's only ai on race gametype. It's normal Multiplayer all other gametypes :confused2:

Teroh
January 16th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I tried race for the first time not too long ago, and when you go to a flag, do AI units KEEP spawning there until you leave or what?

Varmint260
January 16th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Been looking forward to this map. Looks absolutely awesome, and I can't wait to play it! Downloading...

Bodzilla
January 19th, 2007, 10:29 PM
looks great man, i like the idea of AI for only certain gametypes.

looks good man i'm getting it :)

KiLLa
January 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Meh, when will these kidos stop modding, and start creating something?
*sigh*

DECOY
January 24th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Kiss my arse, nobhead.

Pooky
January 24th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Looks like he created something pretty nice to me...

Con
January 29th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Meh, when will these kidos stop modding, and start creating something?
*sigh*

When they get more experienced, everyone starts somewhere. Though you knew that.

Pooky
January 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I've seen DECOY's stuff and I personally think it's really impressive. But whatever

TeeKup
January 29th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Once you get to the peak of development in this game, its hard for something to impress you. KiLLa has been here the day CE came out and been developing since. He knows most of the tricks and hacks, therefore DECOY's mod is trivial for him. Everyone starts somewhere, never forget your roots KiLLa.

Pooky
January 29th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Once you get to the peak of development in this game, its hard for something to impress you. KiLLa has been here the day CE came out and been developing since. He knows most of the tricks and hacks, therefore DECOY's mod is trivial for him. Everyone starts somewhere, never forget your roots KiLLa.

Trust me, I can understand that. Nonetheless, I like DECOY's mods, and just because something is technically more difficult doesn't mean it didn't take just as much effort for the person who created it. Impressed or not, it captured a good atmosphere without drastically changing the Halo formula as so many mods try to do.

TeeKup
January 29th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Trust me, I can understand that. Nonetheless, I like DECOY's mods, and just because something is technically more difficult doesn't mean it didn't take just as much effort for the person who created it. Impressed or not, it captured a good atmosphere without drastically changing the Halo formula as so many mods try to do.

True, I had fun with it myself.

Abdurahman
February 1st, 2007, 08:51 PM
impressive

Varmint260
February 7th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Awww, I tried playing this map on RACE by meself, and got 3xc3pt10n3d to death. Damn!

Master Chief
February 15th, 2007, 09:14 AM
looks really AWESOME!!!!1!!!1!!! ok, now that ive expressed my views, i will dl it..............when my folks give me back my computer access.... T_T

KiLLa
February 15th, 2007, 10:20 AM
This games been out for how long now?
And yet, there's only a handfull of modders who are "experienced", how does that work?
I mean damn dude, your a bit late to just get into the "newb ages", and make something like this, expecially with all the resources, tutorials, and what not, you have at your disposal.
When I first started, we didn't have the freedom you have today, but yet your still making mods, that I could have made when I had no clue about the HEK?
How does that work out?
Whatever happened to effort, and progression?
Originallity?

DECOY
February 15th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Are you trying to start a Flama....Killa? You're not very good at it. :D

hahahahaha Killa? WTF! hahahahahah

Limited
February 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
This games been out for how long now?
And yet, there's only a handfull of modders who are "experienced", how does that work?
I mean damn dude, your a bit late to just get into the "newb ages", and make something like this, expecially with all the resources, tutorials, and what not, you have at your disposal.
When I first started, we didn't have the freedom you have today, but yet your still making mods, that I could have made when I had no clue about the HEK?
How does that work out?
Whatever happened to effort, and progression?
Originallity?
Decoy is an excellent Halo PC modder. Now hes been working on halo pc mods for fucking ages, I think longer than you have been modding CE. He hasnt done many CE projects because hes still learning the tools of the trade, hes smart with modding but just doesnt understand everything to do with HEK.

Give hima break killa...I remember your first map killa, it was a good ish BSP, with vehicles that had modded projectiles and stuff, I think it did have a custom gun tho but thats a different matter :O

Thats basically what decoys is like, just without a new BSP.

Just because you have been working on CE projects since it came out, and just because we now know alot more about CE than we first did, DOESNT MEAN EVERYONE DOES! Okay? Like I said hes been working on halo pc mods, we should thank him for finally switching to CE instead of scaring him off...

He did flame you though, bad decoy :O

KiLLa
February 15th, 2007, 01:27 PM
That wasn't a flame, just a statement on the "new comers" of CE.
I'm just saying, with the resources, documents, and what not. He potientally can create alot better mods, than I did when I first started.

Limited
February 15th, 2007, 02:44 PM
True, but modding takes skill :D

You guys make modeling and stuff look easy. Ok tagging is easier than say modeling, to me that is. Other people may say tagging is harder than modeling I dunno.

He flamed you I ment :P

TomClancy
February 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Pretty cool, I always liked your maps DECOY, well atleast some of them ;).