PDA

View Full Version : HEADLONG 99% complete

kenney001
September 14th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Everyone be expecting a release of my Headlong project in the next day or two. There are 7 very minor touch-ups i need to make before its ready.

The reason I am posting is I have had quite a few people bombard me with 'when will it be finished"

but, to tide you all over, heres a vid of my new Beam Rifle and Animations...

Y8hJD5t4haw

I have to go so ill post the rest here later......

Tweek
September 14th, 2007, 07:54 AM
but, to tide you all over, heres a vid of my new Beam Rifle and Animations...

<youtube>Y8hJD5t4haw</youtube>
you did it wrong lulz.

I have to go so ill post the rest here later......

then why post this, need attention? :awesome:

beamrifle looks quite good, the overloading is a bit weird though, the shaking is a bit exessive. didn't see mich of the map in that vid, but that too, looks good as far as i could see.

FRain
September 14th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Y8hJD5t4haw

FTFY

CtrlAltDestroy
September 14th, 2007, 08:59 AM
You can see rectangular blue portions on the side of each large flare (possibly from a sprite compiling error). You might want to remove those.

Pooky
September 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
It's better than most beam rifles I've seen :)

FRain
September 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
It could also come from a resize error with photoshop. If you put a blue border around your bitmap and then resize it it will recolor the blue border and not be 0,0,255. Also, for particles, make them sprites compiled with explicit alpha.

MNC
September 14th, 2007, 03:11 PM
It might be the FPS, but it looks like he's using Force Push instead of throwing a grenade >.>

Teh Ganon
September 14th, 2007, 03:22 PM
It might be the FPS, but it looks like he's using Force Push instead of throwing a grenade >.>

Thats what i told him, but it seems a lot better than it was.

Masterz1337
September 14th, 2007, 03:32 PM
It could also come from a resize error with photoshop. If you put a blue border around your bitmap and then resize it it will recolor the blue border and not be 0,0,255. Also, for particles, make them sprites compiled with explicit alpha.
It depends what you're doing with them.

kenney001
September 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
sorry everyone i had to leave for school, the server was being really slow so it wouldnt post, so i left my comp on to finish posting it. I did not have time to edit it and make it work or explain.

I was going to say the Grenade animation was a placeholder, and that the pink shader for the energy crystal things it a placeholder. The rest is nearly complete.

Con
September 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
They grenade throw looks to strong. You hardly had to aim up at all and it went really far.

kenney001
September 14th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Its default......

i plan on changing it to halo 2-ish anyways.....

Con
September 14th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm just used to h2 a bit.

Inferno
September 14th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Its default......

i plan on changing it to halo 2-ish anyways.....

why????
really the way i see halo 2 maps modeled into halo 1 maps has one reason.

TO TAKE THE COOL STUFF FROM HALO 2 AND PUT IT INTO HALO 1.

makeing master cheif throw like a girl is not COOL. so plz leave it like it is. :D

also make sure you dont under power the SMG and pistol. mainly they cant be dual weiled in halo 1 so you need to make it more powerfull.

Sever
September 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Awesome! Rob, do you plan on doing any other HCE versions of H2 maps? If so, I recommend Lockout, and Terminal. I recommend these because they are both maps with impressive and balanced layouts while being asymmetric. These two are just my recommendations if you ever do plan to make more. I am already doing my own 'remake' (to an overzealous extent) of Terminal, but I still would love to see the original map in HCE.

Sever
September 14th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Yes, the trains on Terminal WILL sync. I have seen a video of an unreleased CE version (the map was not up to par graphically etc., so I am not sad about its lack of release) where one person viewed another get splattered by the train. it worked for them, so I bet you that Kenny can get it to work for him if he choses to undergo the making of Terminal.

Please do, Kenny. I will love you for it.

CtrlAltDestroy
September 14th, 2007, 07:43 PM
the trains won't sync in terminal :smith:
also will you be doing any more H2 maps? (I assume half the battle on this maps was the tags right?)

We have a terminal and the train syncs just fine...

kenney001
September 14th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Yes i plan on making another h2 map. I The second will take a very very small fraction of this one because i will have the tags already, just need bitmaps and shaders.....

I was thinkin of doing ivory tower next, followed by lockout.

SGWraith
September 14th, 2007, 08:31 PM
A good lockout for HaloCe would indeed be very welcome. Ivory Tower for HaloCe would be a blast, hope your projects go smoothly Kenney.

supersniper
September 14th, 2007, 09:05 PM
OMG I love those two maps. I hope you make them.

Sever
September 14th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I concur with these selections. Both are awesome choices. Still, strive for Terminal!

Inferno
September 14th, 2007, 10:48 PM
id love to see the hypothermia h2 xbox mod for pc. some one needs to do that. cause that map is literally data-cache-sex.

but id also like 2 see bioshock run for more than 5 minutes before crashing. but i doubt ill ever get either of those. *sigh*

Pooky
September 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Question, it was really easy to get out of the map in the last version you released (as in, you walk out of the map) and there were all kinds of collision problems... sometimes bullets stopped in midair, sometimes they (and players) went through walls. Is all of that fixed?

Jay2645
September 17th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I believe all of that is fixed.

Just curious Kenney, you said Headlong would be released in the next day or two. Any reason for the slight holdup? I just checked the Halomaps FTP servers, and it isn't uploaded to Halomaps yet.
Any bugs you need fixing? I'm sure someone in the H2V community can offer a fix for you.
Headlong is one of my favorite H2 maps, and one of my most anticipated for CE, so excuse my impatience.

kenney001
September 17th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I believe all of that is fixed.

Just curious Kenney, you said Headlong would be released in the next day or two. Any reason for the slight holdup? I just checked the Halomaps FTP servers, and it isn't uploaded to Halomaps yet.
Any bugs you need fixing? I'm sure someone in the H2V community can offer a fix for you.
Headlong is one of my favorite H2 maps, and one of my most anticipated for CE, so excuse my impatience.

The more I fix, the more I come up with. Also, I haven't really done anything with it in the past couple of days.

Sever
September 17th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Just keep plugin' along, kenny. Finish it when it's DONE, not when we want you to. Best of luck!

Pooky
September 18th, 2007, 10:54 PM
yeah, I had really hoped to see this finished. Keep going D:

Con
September 18th, 2007, 11:01 PM
No rush :) Just make it nice.