PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Diorama.

Masterz1337
September 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/believe/default.htm

Bottom of the page. This is amazing, The sheer amount of detaila nd work that went into this thing is astounding.

fatso784
September 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Now if only people worked on maps like this guy works on models... :awesome:

Botolf
September 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I saw the video and was stunned, this is part diorama, part :awesome:

SGWraith
September 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Impressive, great amount of detail on that diorama.

TIA Gangsta
September 14th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Woah....this game is OFFICIALLY over-hyped.
Sorry, but from what I've seen, no game can successfuly live up to all this amount of hype - although it'll still be a kick-ass, revolutionary game that claims GOTY.

Pooky
September 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM

It's no worse than Halo 2 was :eyesroll:

Kornman00
September 14th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry, but from what I've seen, no game can successfuly live up to all this amount of hype - although it'll still be a kick-ass, revolutionary game that claims GOTY.
way to jump to conclusions :awesome:

Zeph
September 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I want to buy a few of those models.

Zeph
September 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I want to buy a few of those models.

Syuusuke
September 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Me too.

2x

paladin
September 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM
:awesome: Thats just cool.

Atty
September 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM
That is just amazing.

Agamemnon
September 14th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Heh, I don't even know why they bother. With the hype they've generated, they could shit on a plate, put a Master Chief model helmet on top of the shit, and sell it on eBay for a few thousand. I've seen various tv commercials and have even heard my fair share of radio advertising about Halo 3. Now we're being revealed the ending of the game before it's even out. More like the big deep breath before the giant unleashes hell.

Seriously. We're achieving legendary status in the United States being wrapped around Halo 3. We'll end up being like Koreans with Starcraft; we'll make it our national sport. And if you think that's an exaggeration with the advertising Microsoft has pulled off on this, including the numerous whispers of continuing the series with numerous games afterwards, then you're quite mistaken. It could very well achieve that sort of status even if the game turns out to be bad.

HolyAlliance
September 15th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Heh, it's interesting how in the years after the war (when the diorama was being created) they used ZBrush to give their models "great detail". I found that funny when I watched the creating of the diorama video.

Con
September 15th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Diorama would make one helluva epic MP map

Atty
September 15th, 2007, 12:18 AM
The fuck are you talking about? It would make one epic cinematic fight.

Con
September 15th, 2007, 12:26 AM
dat's tru

ExAm
September 15th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Overhyped? Maybe. But would you rather have seen this, or not? Personally, I'd take the diorama over nothing. It's a work of brilliance.

Agamemnon
September 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I would've rather have seen it AFTER the game came out so it would've been more of a surprise of how Halo 3 ended. Now there's not even a reason to buy Halo 3 because we all know how it's going to end.

Kornman00
September 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM
No, you don't know how its going to end. You only know the general outcome of the war scores of years later...

DaneO'Roo
September 15th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Still though, now I know that the chief gets captured and the humans win for sure.

jngrow
September 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Bungie previously stated that the whole thing is being done by PR. They have no idea how the story ends, and it (supposedly) contains no spoilers.

Agamemnon
September 15th, 2007, 12:20 PM
No, you don't know how its going to end. You only know the general outcome of the war scores of years later...
It doesn't matter. There's zero anticipation in any kind of spectacular ending because we know we win and civilization continues on. It's like putting the last page of a book on marketing display before the book even comes out.

El Lobo
September 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Did you honestly think that the humans would lose? The fucking series isn't going to end with the humans getting exterminated and earth destroyed.

Agamemnon
September 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM
And then there's that argument as well. "Well, it was obvious. We were going to win." That's also another reason why the storyline won't be riveting. Not even if the planet blew up and a number of survivors started to inhabit another planet far away, because that idea has been done as well, albeit it would be more original than, "Yay, we win."

Dole
September 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Did you honestly think that the humans would lose? The fucking series isn't going to end with the humans getting exterminated and earth destroyed.
Spoiler: Orson Welles dies in Citizen Kane.

Now I don't get it, are Museum and Diorama the last of the H3 Blomkamp promos that Bungie was referring to?

Terin
September 15th, 2007, 02:27 PM
We don't know everything about the Halos, the flood, the Forerunners, the elites, Cortana, and High Charity. Seriously. It's one little aspect of the story that we survive.

Chronos
September 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Agamemnon, just wait for about 10 more days before you jump to conclusions.
Like Kornman said you only know the outcome of the war.

Mass
September 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Wow, this is one of the few things I've seen described as epic that it is actually literally true about.

Its beautiful and if it was made into a map it could be an amazing MP, SP, or a UI.

It would be a kickass UI, with all characters in place.

Agamemnon
September 15th, 2007, 02:46 PM
We don't know everything about the Halos, the flood, the Forerunners, the elites, Cortana, and High Charity. Seriously. It's one little aspect of the story that we survive.
Halos are deactivated/destroyed, the Flood goes with them, the Forerunners are humans, the Elites are allies, who gives a damn about Cortana, and High Charity blows up. All logical outcomes because we win the war.

Agamemnon, just wait for about 10 more days before you jump to conclusions.
Like Kornman said you only know the outcome of the war.
Which means we know how the game ends. It's like movie previews giving away all critical plot elements. Why bother to watch the movie when you know what's going to happen? It's just done for advertising.

Teh Ganon
September 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
It would be a kickass UI, with all characters in place.

:cool:

Atty
September 15th, 2007, 03:25 PM
The point of the game isn't just to know the out come of the story but its to play through the minor details that lead up to the major out come, we have no idea what is in store for us as far as the progressing story goes and that is what the fun is.

Archon23
September 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
To be quite honest I'm with Atty on this one. I mean we may have known that the humans won but I would like to know HOW they won.
Also. Diorama=:awesome:

Skyline
September 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
They killed all the brutes :awesome:. I want to know how the humans got rid of the flood.

Skiiran
September 15th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Guys...

The site says MC is the LAST Spartan-II. No new appearances.

But this is also kickass.

ExAm
September 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Guys...

The site says MC is the LAST Spartan-II. No new appearances.

But this is also kickass.But then there's the "...or IS he?" factor that a lot of stories employ.

X3RO SHIF7
September 15th, 2007, 11:59 PM
But then there's the "...or IS he?" factor that a lot of stories employ.
see but they include that in the books, not so much the games

ExAm
September 16th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I meant for the games. There have been a few hints at the possibility, but it's unlikely.

X3RO SHIF7
September 16th, 2007, 12:46 AM
and what are these hints?

Con
September 16th, 2007, 01:22 AM

Pooky
September 16th, 2007, 01:56 AM

Honestly, I think I would like the ending better if humanity finally gave up its pride and let themselves be destroyed for the sake of all life.

n00b1n8R
September 16th, 2007, 04:03 AM
the chief dies?

epic :gonk: tbh.

nooBBooze
September 16th, 2007, 05:10 AM
see but they include that in the books, not so much the games
Since when does bungie give a poo about the books? :confused:
Srsly.

n00b1n8R
September 16th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Since it's making them moneys :downs:
but no, they don't care about the plot :|

Neuro Guro
September 16th, 2007, 01:00 PM
-

X3RO SHIF7
September 16th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Since when does bungie give a poo about the books? :confused:
Srsly.
since always? the full stories in the books, the games dont tell you everything, but they do make reference to things in the books on occasion

ExAm
September 16th, 2007, 01:39 PM
the chief dies?

epic :gonk: tbh.SWEET JESUS IT ARE A SPOILER OH NOES

Abdurahman
September 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Oh, yeah he does die. Watch this. The newest *Official* commercial of the museum diorama thing.

Also, http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhalo3.com%2Fbelieve%2F&ei=MobtRoWIDJCOgAO3iIC8AQ&usg=AFQjCNEDV2FIK4JCEn3Pt9x8W4LGqI031g&sig2=IJI4rFchaCK_n0Bm07HSJw

bCoV-MCsDaU

Agamemnon
September 16th, 2007, 02:49 PM
since always? the full stories in the books, the games dont tell you everything, but they do make reference to things in the books on occasion
Video game story =/= shitty writer story based off of the video game

X3RO SHIF7
September 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
the only shitty one is the one thats actually supposed to depict halo 1

Huero
September 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Agamemnon, please just shut the fuck up.
You've gotten annoying as hell recently, bashing shit without it even coming out yet.

Masterz1337
September 16th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Video game story =/= shitty writer story based off of the video game
Explain what makes them so "shitty"

ExAm
September 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I thought that The Flood was the only shitty one.

Agamemnon
September 16th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Agamemnon, please just shut the fuck up.
You've gotten annoying as hell recently, bashing shit without it even coming out yet.
So, wait, pointing out logical things is "bashing shit?" Also, please have less of a temper tantrum.

Explain what makes them so "shitty"
Nylud's writing is equal to that of someone who took a writing class in college. He writes for entertainment purposes, which ANY writer can do and does. His writing isn't anything special and doesn't separate himself at all from other cheap entertainment novelists. Fans of the game eat it up like candy mainly because it's just based off of the game.

Masterz1337
September 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM
That doesn't make it shitty, it means it's of standard quality. If I wanted to read something deep I would. IMO, the best one he wrote was First Strike, which I find exceptional, with FoR and GoO just average.

Also, how can you say fans of the game eat it up just because it's based off the game? I hate most of the action figures, I dislike halo 2, I would never pay money for a halo comic book. I do't eat up everything with halo on it and think it's exceptional, and I'm sure the smart people on the board (the few and the proud) don't either.

Skiiran
September 16th, 2007, 11:33 PM
So, wait, pointing out logical things is "bashing shit?" Also, please have less of a temper tantrum.

Nylud's writing is equal to that of someone who took a writing class in college. He writes for entertainment purposes, which ANY writer can do and does. His writing isn't anything special and doesn't separate himself at all from other cheap entertainment novelists. Fans of the game eat it up like candy mainly because it's just based off of the game.
So you have a problem with sound marketing and product placement. This explains everything.

I mean, sure, it's being blown out of proportion, but Halo 3 is not the first game to have this happen. Video Games are not the first media which this has happened to. Hell, a cheapass Disneyland ride had a TRILOGY OF MOVIES made out of it.

Agamemnon
September 17th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Also, how can you say fans of the game eat it up just because it's based off the game? I hate most of the action figures, I dislike halo 2, I would never pay money for a halo comic book. I do't eat up everything with halo on it and think it's exceptional, and I'm sure the smart people on the board (the few and the proud) don't either.
Just because you don't doesn't mean the majority doesn't as well, and the majority sure as hell does, or else we wouldn't have a Halo 3 board or "Halo 3 Mountain Dew!"

So you have a problem with sound marketing and product placement. This explains everything.
I have a problem with greed.

I mean, sure, it's being blown out of proportion, but Halo 3 is not the first game to have this happen. Video Games are not the first media which this has happened to. Hell, a cheapass Disneyland ride had a TRILOGY OF MOVIES made out of it.
No, nothing has been blown out of proportions like this with a video game. Ever. I've seen three different Halo 3 commercials and even heard a Halo 3 radio ad. It's beyond ridiculous.

Also, I would blame Jerry Bruckheimer on the three pirate movies. The first one was the only good one.

DaneO'Roo
September 17th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Oh, yeah he does die. Watch this. The newest *Official* commercial of the museum diorama thing.

Also, http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhalo3.com%2Fbelieve%2F&ei=MobtRoWIDJCOgAO3iIC8AQ&usg=AFQjCNEDV2FIK4JCEn3Pt9x8W4LGqI031g&sig2=IJI4rFchaCK_n0Bm07HSJw

bCoV-MCsDaU

Jesus CHRIST.

FireDragon04
September 17th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Wow, this thread turned from a controlled discussion about the John-117 monument to...an argument about the books.

The Fall of Reach and The First strike, where both written with extreme clarity to keep the feeling of the halo story alive, even on paper. Even though they couldn’t be written in extreme detail because that’s now the true style of the halo universe, if you where not pleased with the final outcome that is your opinion, but now having read both of these 3-4 times through now they are extreme master pieces in writing for the Halo universe.

The Flood, is actually the most detailed, but most pointless book out of the 4 released at current time, even though it has 341 pages of extremely detailed writing, and reads allot more like a 'pick me up' book then the other 2 in this first 3 books, I found a re-write of the popular video game pointless. But still a good read, and expresses much more then the game ever told us, and not always just about John 117.

Ghosts of Onyx, my favorite book I’ve EVER read, i really like the different compelling stories it tells, and the ‘criss cross’ of details makes it a really nice read. I also believe allot of its details will be used in context some how, in Halo 3, (Shield world...etc).
It is defiantly the most compelling and emotional of the 4 books. I would have sex with ever one of its 383 pages if i could!

Finally, a book written by Bungies own, Joseph Staten is due for release later this year, and will be the earliest we have read about in the Halo universe in such large context. It is called 'Contact Harvest' and I can't wait to pick it up.

Other Halo related texts, are:
The Art of Halo, more like a gallery book, but expresses the images with interesting and factual writings.
Halo Graphic Novel, is a collection of Comic like stories, which happen at the time of other events in the games as we know it. It also has hints and storyline information we may not have known about previously to reading it.
Halo Uprising, are a set of comics with only #1 released so far, and tell the story of what happened between Halo 2 and Halo 3. And as we expect...not much, and will most likely be told to us in brief or even shown to us someway in Halo 3.There are more, but that’s it from me...and my reviews :confused2:

Also, Halo is a francise, it has always been big, from been the one of the release titles for the Xbox to been one of the most played online games in its sequel. So although M$ has $$ Greed, if people love halo i dont see whats wrong with them blagging out money if they want to. God i love halo so much, id buy one as a holiday resort...if i could get there.

OH BTW: I love the believe diorama, but the whole 'John 117 Monument' makes me get teary eyed, because they usually only build monuments for the dead.

X3RO SHIF7
September 17th, 2007, 12:26 PM
yeah the books are good, minus the flood - terrible book.
and agamemnon you might aswell calm down because thats the way the world works, people make businesses to make money thats the way it works, if you own somthing popular you make use of it - if microsofts game division didint use halo to make money and advertise the hell out of it microsoft would not have nearly the amount of consoles sold as they do now and they would probably not have the funds they do to make quality products

its not necessarily greed its just good business.

Dole
September 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Also, I would blame Jerry Bruckheimer on the three pirate movies. The first one was the only good one.
Let's not say things we can't take back here. They were ALL garbage popcorn flicks.

ExAm
September 17th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I liked all but the second one.

Jay2645
September 17th, 2007, 08:43 PM
As did I.

Skiiran
September 17th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I liked all but the second one.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not that they're bad movies - it's that some Hollywood director derived them from a (in my opinion, mind you) shit ride that irks me.

(Agamem, I'm not ignoring your post, I just can't think up a rebuttal.)

Agamemnon
September 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM
and agamemnon you might aswell calm down because thats the way the world works, people make businesses to make money thats the way it works, if you own somthing popular you make use of it - if microsofts game division didint use halo to make money and advertise the hell out of it microsoft would not have nearly the amount of consoles sold as they do now and they would probably not have the funds they do to make quality products

its not necessarily greed its just good business.
It's called capitalism and it can be changed, not blindly followed as, "that's how it works." You think "that's the way it works" because that's the economy you were brought up in, and no one's bothered by it because it "fuels the economy" and "everyone gets a piece if you're quick to jump for it" and all those other lovely propagandistic--I mean, economic slogans that everyone says to reaffirm that greed is ok.

Dole
September 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM
And you had the balls to tell me that I was a conspiracy theorist. I'll be getting some nice laughs out of that for the next few years, no doubt.

Agamemnon
September 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
When did I call you a conspiracy theorist?

Oh, and now our government's economy isn't capitalist-fueled? Might telling me what it is with your infinite knowledge of the world then? :downs:

Dole
September 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM
When did I call you a conspiracy theorist?

why don't you go hang out at a conspiracy theory where you can go masturbate with the other children who think they know what they're talking about.
hi.

Oh, and now our government's economy isn't capitalist-fueled? Might telling me what it is with your infinite knowledge of the world then? :downs:
Might teling me when I said that?

Masterz1337
September 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM
on a more on topic note, everything in the OP is now on XBLM

Jay2645
September 18th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Everything in the what is now in the what?
I know XBL stands for Xbox Live, but what the hell is OP and XBLM?

Atty
September 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Original Post(er) and Xbox Live Marketplace.

Jay2645
September 18th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the forum seems to think Atty posted here last, and since I am double posting, how can Atty be posting last?

The boards have gone insane...

DrunkenSamus
September 18th, 2007, 07:46 PM
You didn't double post...

Agamemnon
September 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
hi.
Like I said, where did I call you a conspiracy theorist? I told you to go masturbate furiously with them; I didn't call you one. Nice try though.

Might teling me when I said that?
After my post of the truth. You seem to be under the impression that our capitalist economy and our government doesn't produce economic propaganda. You see it, hear it, and even speak it every day. A billboard, a tv commercial, a radio ad; they all tell you that you need this product and all try to trick you into different ways to buying it. People call it advertising, but it's propaganda. Advertising was when a drug company had a radio ad about over-the-counter pills that would suppress headaches. Today we have Advil moon the other headache brand names and then tell you that they're better simply because...well, paid actors tell you that it is. And they're not doing anything illegal because they CYA themselves with all of the fine-print in the last split second of the commercial.

Jay2645
September 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
You didn't double post...
That post appeared out of nowhere when I posted.

Still, THE FORUM HAS GONE INSANE!

demonmaster3k
September 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
the only shitty one is the one thats actually supposed to depict halo 1
yea that one was, who cares about the marines' or the covie's prespective