PDA

View Full Version : Physics again.

Hunter
September 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
ok, ive got physics working good without it going through anything but there is something wrong, The object is a box (crate), i want it so that when it goes on the egde of somewere it will fall of the edge onto the side of its self, and it can be blown flying somewere and it will fall on its side and not on a edge like this:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/box_land_wrong.png

Tweek
September 15th, 2007, 07:58 AM
set up mass points properly.

Patrickssj6
September 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Show us your physic model

Hunter
September 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/physics.png spheres in the middle are heavier than the one on the edges. So that it shud fall on the sides. Plus how can i make it so that when its upside down it doesnt say press E to flip, i want it so that u can get in it wateva way it is up.

Inferno
September 15th, 2007, 11:18 AM
make the mass points in the center of the faces that you want it to sit on more dense or just add more overall (the more mass points the better in most cases).... i guess. i am not one to know a lot about physics tags though...

Hunter
September 16th, 2007, 05:03 AM
ok, thanks. How can i do this part >>>

Plus how can i make it so that when its upside down it doesnt say press E to flip, i want it so that u can get in it wateva way it is up.

Tweek
September 16th, 2007, 05:13 AM
yeah, that'll land on its edges obviously. (obvious to me anyway)

your gargest spheres are located on the edges, making the edges by far the heaviest points, causing to sit still on them.
you have to make the FACES the heaviest points, not the edges.

Hunter
September 16th, 2007, 05:37 AM
offtopic: i dont know, i just felt like making it look cool lol.

back on topic:

ok, thanks. How can i do this part >>>

Plus how can i make it so that when its upside down it doesnt say press E to flip, i want it so that u can get in it wateva way it is up.

Patrickssj6
September 16th, 2007, 11:04 AM
offtopic: i dont know, i just felt like making it look cool lol.

back on topic:
Is the Get-Into-The-Crate thing on purpose? Otherwise I would just delete the seat.

Either it's hard coded or in the vehicle tag. I don't know.

Hunter
September 16th, 2007, 11:50 AM
It is ment to be lyk that. you are ment to be able to get into it.