PDA

View Full Version : Quick water plane questioon

Sever
September 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Is it possible to have a water plane that acts as a ceiling instead of a floor, with the water above, rather than below the initial start of the plane? I gotta know before I do any further modeling on a level to determine if I can have glass ceilings with water above them, without going through many animation steps.

Tarzan
September 15th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Seems to me that it'd be worth a shot simply flipping the normals on a plane called water!$ and it might orient the water the opposite direction of the normals that have the water mask applied to it... I think I also heard something about making scenery objects that had water inside them - like aquariums (except it wasn't water from the engine)...

Sever
September 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I heard about the animated scenery as well, and as far as I know, they haven't been done/released to the public. I trust you on this, but I just want confirmation from another mapper in the community, as to be sure. Anyone else, is this correct?

Tarzan
September 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I honestly don't know if that'll work or not... but like I said - it's worth a shot. And you can see in about 5 mins whether it worked or not...