PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] m00kGulch

t3h m00kz
September 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM
OMG NOT A BLOOD GULCH VARIANT OMG D:::

But seriously, I've started taking up modding less than a week ago, and I've been modding BG with HHT and HMT and whatnot.

I made a Spartan Laser. :D

GBO0A3qnzFA

I'm kinda wanting to change the skybox, but I can't figure it out...

I'm hoping to eventually port this over to CE and then add alot more stuff, change the weapon models around, and add the Laser Charging tags (Can't do that in HMT to my knowledge), adding stuff to the level and whatnot.

Tell me what you all think ;p

FRain
September 16th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Good for a start, but if you're even PLANNING to release that you will get flames. I'm talking 150 story flames.

Con
September 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
It'll be good when there's some custom weapons ingame, etc. I don't really think HMT and HHT bloodgulch mods are even worth criticizing.

Like rain said, you'll get yelled at unless you can show some custom content that's not some weapon edit.

ICEE
September 16th, 2007, 07:37 PM
lolz nice try on the lazer though. now model, texture, animate, and give it some sweet effects...

Bad Waffle
September 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
pretty standard. Try doing some new stuff.

t3h m00kz
September 17th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Good to see modding isn't dead. :D

You should try getting some stuff into CE, preferably fully-custom, original stuff. I tried, but I'm a HEKtard. Modding PC was as far as I got.

I hear that. HEK has like, so many different programs and you have to use different ones to get the job done. HMT was simple because you could do it all in one program.

Level compilation, texturing, modeling? I don't know the first thing about that. I tried downloading GMax and 3DS Max, but I had no idea what to do with them.

I'd like to learn more about HEK but the whole process seems so... complex. If I had someone to help me out I'd probably be more willing to learn.

p0lar_bear
September 17th, 2007, 01:40 AM
If you keep at it, you'll eventually get it.

I would actually recommend dicking around with Guerilla or Sapien first instead of trying to make a map as per the packaged tutorial, so you can get more familiar with the tools when you finally learn how to make stuff.

Also, you have the luxury of the HEK+, which will allow you to rip tags from any unlocked map. You can grab a model or a BSP, take a look around to see how they did it, and then try it on your own.

ICEE
September 17th, 2007, 05:19 PM
modding CE is easy. basically once you understand that guerilla is for setting up things, and sapien is for placing them ingame its simple stuff.

Elite Killa
September 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Meh. I like the mod, but as everyone said, it would be nice to have custom, more original things in it.

And it's easy to change the skybox. In guerilla, when you open up the scenery tag, just change the sky (the option to do so will be right in front of you when you open the scenery tag) to the one you want.

Inferno
September 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
think of HEK like this

guerilla is HMT except that all the tags are seperate files and you go and open them and edit them and make new ones as you please.

sapein is sparkedit. you move things and you set up weapons and vehicles in the map.

tool is basically the map rebuilder. except your building it for the first time and theres no anoying Vertices.new and indices.new and crap like that. its just straightup map compiler.

t3h m00kz
September 17th, 2007, 07:20 PM
think of HEK like this

guerilla is HMT except that all the tags are seperate files and you go and open them and edit them and make new ones as you please.

sapein is sparkedit. you move things and you set up weapons and vehicles in the map.

tool is basically the map rebuilder. except your building it for the first time and theres no anoying Vertices.new and indices.new and crap like that. its just straightup map compiler.
Ohh, well cool. I've never used SparkEdit, so I'll check that out before I start with CE. PC appears to be the simpler to mod out of the two, so I'll learn a little more about HPC modding, then once I get better I'll start learning to mod CE.

Meh. I like the mod, but as everyone said, it would be nice to have custom, more original things in it.

And it's easy to change the skybox. In guerilla, when you open up the scenery tag, just change the sky (the option to do so will be right in front of you when you open the scenery tag) to the one you want.
Guerilla only works for CE and Scenario files from what I understand. This is PC, and I'm using HMT and HHT with the 64 plugins pack.

Thanks though, when I start making my own shit I'll keep that in mind :p

Jay2645
September 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Wait.
This is a Blood Gulch mod that ISN'T getting flamed?
I could have sworn it would, even Halomaps flames BG mods.

Nothing against you, though, I'm just surprised that this isn't getting flamed.

But the color of the beam needs adjusting, it needs a SL model, and I believe there are 2 beams that fire a grand total of 5 (rapid fire) shots, with them causing a explosion around the area they hit.

HALO 3 COMES OUT IN A WEEK!

t3h m00kz
September 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Wait.
This is a Blood Gulch mod that ISN'T getting flamed?
I could have sworn it would, even Halomaps flames BG mods.

Nothing against you, though, I'm just surprised that this isn't getting flamed.

But the color of the beam needs adjusting, it needs a SL model, and I believe there are 2 beams that fire a grand total of 5 (rapid fire) shots, with them causing a explosion around the area they hit.

HALO 3 COMES OUT IN A WEEK!

Well essentially this isn't so much a gulch mod at this point as much as it is a weapons project. This is a PC map file, and I'm hoping to convert these weapon scripts over to CE. The AR that acts like an AR, and the laser that acts like the spartan laser.

Oh and yes, the laser does cause explosions around the ground; I used Needler projectiles/effects, and Pistol damage.

I've seen the Spartan Laser, played with it (A LOT) in the beta, and I'm pretty proud that this became as accurate as it has. This one probably fires too many projectiles, but, I mean, look at it. The dynamics are almost identical to that of the Halo 3 one.

Also the color of the beams can't be adjusted to my knowledge with HMT. I could be wrong, I just started modding only a week ago. But just wait until I get this crap converted to CE.

Jay2645
September 18th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Ah, you're using HMT, I thought you were using the HEK.

Pooky
September 18th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Also the color of the beams can't be adjusted to my knowledge with HMT. I could be wrong, I just started modding only a week ago. But just wait until I get this crap converted to CE.

What are you using as your beam? If it's anything with a contrail, then you can.

Pooky
September 18th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Well, I was thinking since he was using needles he could just edit the contrail and the skin on the needles themselves

t3h m00kz
September 18th, 2007, 11:24 PM
baeleted imagery

t3h m00kz
September 19th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Just go to proj > Needler > mod2 - needle or whatever it is and select "Null Out" from the dropdown in HHT. Will only affect needler projectile.

Thanks for the tip...

However the needles were the least of my problems, you could barely notice them as it is. But in the end I think this is a bit of an improvement ;p It also seems to get rid of the contrails.

t3h m00kz
September 21st, 2015, 10:48 PM
holy fuck op you're a scrub what's this shitty bloodgulch variant, i could make that shit in 2 secs. get your shit together and git gud holy shit you have no talented

you're not gonna go anywhere. you might as well end it now while you're still naive to the hardships of life

i hate u

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a1e822ea27568f380146a4960286d714/tumblr_n6klutolyd1tctpwxo1_500.jpg

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 22nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
wat a fgt

Patxi
October 26th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Patxigulch is just better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqRupei0qe4

Lightning
November 3rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
can i beta

DEElekgolo
November 4th, 2015, 12:41 AM