PDA

View Full Version : How do i make Varients of premade maps like Blood Gulch.

Chizzle110
September 16th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I tried doing the scenario thing with HEK+ but Sapian locks up and closes.

Anyone wanna tell how?:confused2:

~ZMT~Trace
September 16th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Nope.

You must of done something wrong when extracting or w/e.

Con
September 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Normally I would tell people to stop making bloodgulch variants, and as tempted as I am to tell you to shut up and go make a custom map, I'm not the one to decide these things for you. Check your debug.txt, Sapien is closing because you're most likely missing tags that the scenario or its dependencies require.

ICEE
September 16th, 2007, 08:33 PM
did you FULLY rip the map? and you havent fuxed up any of your weapon tags or vehicle tags or globals or something? thatll shut down any map

Chizzle110
September 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
No im just asking cause i seen many Varients like Kbeavercreek.

LlamaMaster
September 16th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Just to clarify, your already giving up on making your own map? Dude, read the flipping tutorial and create a map from that. No need to lower your standards when that last map was so awful. Everyone hates BG mods, period. Their the most unrespectible mods someone could make.

Sel
September 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
[quote=Conscars;160993]Normally I would tell people to stop making bloodgulch variants, and as tempted as I am to tell you to shut up and go make a custom map, I'm not the one to decide these things for you.[quote]

Fuck dont do a mod, there are fucking thousands of mods, and guess what, no one fucking likes bloodgulch VARIANTS, youre taking a good thing, and making it shitty, just DONT do it.

Mass
September 16th, 2007, 11:05 PM
wow, you just made swearing not cool anymore. D:

seriously though custom maps are much better, if you want to work solo modelling and texturing will be your best assets.

nooBBooze
September 17th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Hooray another bg mod! :rape:

Hunter
September 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
If sapien is closing on you then there is probobly a problem with a tag or a missing tag. pas what debug.txt says here, then if the tags are fine try deleting everything from the .scenario tag in guerilla apart from the BSP part at the bottem and the sky.

Cortexian
September 19th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Oh I know why it's not working. Because no one likes varients of good maps.

Pooky
September 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM
You do know that Coagulation is little more than a Blood Gulch varient... and a lot of people like it. :downs:

I say anything that can be done very well, is worth playing.

Chizzle110
September 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM
ok maybe lets for get about making varients. Can someone help me make a indoor map or just make a tutroial cause i'm not sure wat to do.