PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2 in Danger!!!

yoyorast
September 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Hi guys, sorry to post another new thead after my recent one, but this is very important..
I've been reaching the point where I can't stand the situation anymore and my frustration higher than ever.. Things were progressing very slowly since the begining of August (Ghost HD crash, Ghost leaving, CtrlALtDestroy not able to give enough time..) and now CtrlAltDestroy being to be too busy to work on the map anymore.. I want to thank CtrlAltDestroy sincerely for recovering one part of the lost stuff + the work he made on the map + the scripts.. by the way, he's still involved in the project with the scipts.. I wish you the best for your coming projects and all man..
So here I am, alone again with my model and stuff.. Now I'm desperatly looking for someone to take over.. This is the goal of this post.

First, let me remind you I'm not able to use any of the HEK Tools, I'm creating/modeling the thing in my own modeler then exporting the model or modifs to Max.. here I know how to integrate my import properly but not much more.. TheGhost work was then to fix the errors produced by the import and arrange the textures on the imported part.. I'm also the one saying what to put where, how the populating exactly should be, the musics, the textures, etc.. I mean, I got absolutly everything drawn on schemes, maked in the model or in my head.
So the Guy I'm looking for Must be flexible and able to listen and execute what I'm asking.. This is the only way to not loose time cause believe me I know exaclty what I want to end up with a 100% killer map. So this is the way I used to work with Ghost and it was very efficiant (off course I'm always opened to ideas and suggestions but this is not about creating, more about technical challenges)..
- So 1st thing I want, someone efficiant but also, the biggest criteria : he has to have FREE TIME to work on the project or take TIME to work on it and make it his 1st priority!
- 2nd thing : He has to be the best skilled in every domain (Max and HEK) and must have made his proves on other projects or maps..
for example, he must be able to fix errors in Max, must be friend with UV stuff, must be able to apply textures/Bumps, fix texture problems, correct/retouch/ an existing ground texture, friend with lightning, make glow effects on lights for example, apply scripts, populate, set gametypes perfectly, add musics in a more complicated way then in V1, firend with tags, and a lot more..

- 3rd thing : He must be Cool lol..

I guess some of you are thinking I'm a bit exigeant for someone asking for help but believe me, if I'm not finding the right person, I'll prefer to drop everything cause I won't be able to sleep anymore with slow progress or technical problems.. and I prefer nothing than having the map not as I dreaming it every night when going to bed.

Hope this guy I'm looking is around the corner ready to start with great motivation.. If I'm finding him and if he finds me, the map be can be done in 15 days, maybe less, I'm sure of this..

Thanks for reading.

May the Passion dirves us to the end of the story.

Jay2645
September 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Hi guys, sorry to post another new thead after my recent one, but this is very important..
I've been reaching the point where I can't stand the situation anymore and my frustration higher than ever.. Things were progressing very slowly since the begining of August (Ghost HD crash, Ghost leaving, CtrlALtDestroy not able to give enough time..) and now CtrlAltDestroy being to be too busy to work on the map anymore.. I want to thank CtrlAltDestroy sincerely for recovering one part of the lost stuff + the work he made on the map + the scripts.. by the way, he's still involved in the project with the scipts.. I wish you the best for your coming projects and all man..
So here I am, alone again with my model and stuff.. Now I'm desperatly looking for someone to take over.. This is the goal of this post.

First, let me remind you I'm not able to use any of the HEK Tools, I'm creating/modeling the thing in my own modeler then exporting the model or modifs to Max.. here I know how to integrate my import properly but not much more.. TheGhost work was then to fix the errors produced by the import and arrange the textures on the imported part.. I'm also the one saying what to put where, how the populating exactly should be, the musics, the textures, etc.. I mean, I got absolutly everything drawn on schemes, maked in the model or in my head.
So the Guy I'm looking for Must be flexible and able to listen and execute what I'm asking.. This is the only way to not loose time cause believe me I know exaclty what I want to end up with a 100% killer map. So this is the way I used to work with Ghost and it was very efficiant (off course I'm always opened to ideas and suggestions but this is not about creating, more about technical challenges)..
- So 1st thing I want, someone efficiant but also, the biggest criteria : he has to have FREE TIME to work on the project or take TIME to work on it and make it his 1st priority!
- 2nd thing : He has to be the best skilled in every domain (Max and HEK) and must have made his proves on other projects or maps..
for example, he must be able to fix errors in Max, must be friend with UV stuff, must be able to apply textures/Bumps, fix texture problems, correct/retouch/ an existing ground texture, friend with lightning, make glow effects on lights for example, apply scripts, populate, set gametypes perfectly, add musics in a more complicated way then in V1, firend with tags, and a lot more..

- 3rd thing : He must be Cool lol..

I guess some of you are thinking I'm a bit exigeant for someone asking for help but believe me, if I'm not finding the right person, I'll prefer to drop everything cause I won't be able to sleep anymore with slow progress or technical problems.. and I prefer nothing than having the map not as I dreaming it every night when going to bed.

Hope this guy I'm looking is around the corner ready to start with great motivation.. If I'm finding him and if he finds me, the map be can be done in 15 days, maybe less, I'm sure of this..

Thanks for reading.

May the Passion dirves us to the end of the story.

I can't model from scratch too well in Max, but if you give me an existing model, I am pretty much an expert.
I have plenty of time I can put aside for V2, I have all sorts of projects I can put on hold for it.
I am skilled in the HEK, you can ask plenty of people who have worked with me in the past to confirm that, and you have seen some of that yourself. I can do a lot more then the last time you saw my work, in that ATV ingame test.
I did a lot of retouching in UMT Archive, (Which was messed up again by the other UMT members) not to mention I have worked with lighting before.
I have done plenty of scripts, maybe I should refer to you my Anti-Aimbot Script (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=161976&postcount=18) or my (Syncing) Vehicle Boarding Script (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=153750&postcount=14). I can set up any gametype with no trouble, and I have just mastered sounds and their tags. The HEK is normally pretty friendly with me, I occasionally encounter the occasional problems with custom vehicles and weapons due to mapping with the HEK being my primary specialty, but I am good at what I do.
I may not be too cool here (A quick look at how many -reps I have for my posts can confirm this, though when I do get +repped, I tend to be +repped a lot simultaneously), but at Halomaps I try my best to be friendly to everyone, and in general everyone respects me, there at least.

So pretty much, I guess I am sending in my application. Granted, I haven't made too many (finished) custom maps as of late, the closest thing I made recently to a good map was the leaked UMT Swamp Grove (Yes, I did make everything that isn't Arteen's, minus a placeholder Spartan Laser model), but I am good at what I do.

PenGuin1362
September 18th, 2007, 09:40 PM
:( oh noes. i'd love to help, however i lack the most important thing, free time. but if i remember anybody that i used to do crazy shit with on CE other then CAD i'll refer them to ya.

Bad Waffle
September 19th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Well, drat yoyo. If you asked me about 6 weeks ago i would have had time out the wazoo. I'm currently re-arranging my daily schedule around, if it works out im sure i could produce your map in about 2 weeks time.

Terror(NO)More
September 19th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Hey dude Ill help out if you wanna see some stuff ive done then just hit me up on aim or message me on here.

LlamaMaster
September 19th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Hey dude Ill help out if you wanna see some stuff ive done then just hit me up on aim or message me on here.
No. Also, I'd help, but I'm extremely busy. (not that great with hek anyway....)

Jay2645
September 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Not meant to sound insulting or anything but why don't you learn to do it yourself?

Jay's good for all your HEK related stuff btw.
Thanks! See what I mean?

People have said I'm pretty good with Photoshop, too.

Skyline
September 19th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Sorry jay, but from who did you get these comments from. From the models and textures you posted, they aren't that great at all. Post some recent work if you have improved so much. Not to mention you stole a model once; *cough*some expert*cough*.

Jay2645
September 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Sorry jay, but from who did you get these comments from. From the models and textures you posted, they aren't that great at all. Post some recent work if you have improved so much. Not to mention you stole a model once; *cough*some expert*cough*.
I said I was crap at making stuff FROM SCRATCH, I'm actually pretty good at modifying other models to make new ones. Sure, I can make some small things like Handlebars or wheels, but I can't make the entire thing (Well, and make it look good, I can make it, but I get impatent and post screenies before it is ready, and I go up in a ball of fire here).
I am, however, good at Photoshop. I'll post some screenies in about 6 hours or so, I'm on the school computers right now.

Not to mention I never have posted a texture here before, so you can't be talking about those.

My more recent work was more HEK-related then anything else, I did do some geometry changes (Which were consequently removed by Ganon) to Archive, making it so you couldn't walk on walls and such.
Like I said, I'll be able to access my Photobucket account and get some images later, but now I'm at school. :p

Oh, and the comments were from Massacre and Ganon in a Xfire chat room a while back, not to mention Iron Clad and some other people in a topic at Halomaps, I can't get the link as this is the only Halo-related forum that isn't blocked ATM.

Sever
September 19th, 2007, 11:33 AM
WOL, you'd better tap that, or I'll do... something. Well, I probably won't do anything, but I'll think about doing something... if I get around to it...

fatso784
September 19th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Jay either post some new stuff to show yoyorast you're good enough and to show you've turned over a new leaf, or stop your bickering and get to work. The past is over, so don't let it cloud your future.

Jay2645
September 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
In terms of scripts:

Anti-Aimbot Script (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=161976&postcount=18) or my (Syncing) Vehicle Boarding Script (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=153750&postcount=14).

Yoyorast has seen my ATV, no need to show that.
The only example of my more recent Photoshop skills, my Warthog. Looks nice ingame. This wasn't made from scratch, but I have taken a liking to it.
Halo's default skin:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/warthog.jpg

My Photoshopped Version:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/sexy_warthog.jpg
(The serial number is 2645-10-25-93)

My real talent is in my HEK skills, I can make a map really well, provided I have a BSP to work with. As I said, I can modify existing BSPs, but my only recent thing I have is still classified UMT stuff, even though I made everything minus the BSP. The map's name was Paradox, not completely sure if UMT is still working on it.

A couple ingame screenies from one of my old, abandoned maps, I probably should go take some of Swamp Grove and show those, too, but this is Snow Grove (Original BSP by Arteen, HUD by P0lar, bitmaps custom-made by me, Brute Plasma Rifle from H2, Chaingun model by Donut, new tagging for the chaingun by yours truly):
The old ATV build:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/e954b760ddf5ed5662535b965025ae96e2a28aed.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/b3071b27e11520567bbf88f026ab55893bcb5033.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/cf7df62df5d88caebc03fa7e772f9a122d55ee46.jpg

A video of my Silent Cartographer mod:
e28TsYWGQu4
I've improved some more things since then (I still can't thank you enough for fixing the Pelicans Masterz!), but the basic gameplay is still the same.

Swamp Grove (I may bring this map back from the dead, I like it):
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/e96749c05061f7732e8c85c2bc8e413e4d339bb3.jpg
(Ignore the UMT Snow Grove, that's a lie)
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/002fbcffd8b01335ab55d3cf2c9805d174624732.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/3ed3f8602b34a70e792bbb2b6649c8ef6109d650.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/2023ea92b6a63ca195ead9e8b057b29ec7fb5827.jpg

It still needs work (The cliffs need a custom bitmap for themselves, I used the ground's bitmap as a placeholder), but it had potential, and I hate the fact I never finished it.

EDIT: Now with Swamp Grove pics!

Arteen
September 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM
As much as I'd like to help, I don't meet many of the qualifications. I'm nearly clueless on scripts, lighting, and music, and I'm not all that great with tags. I could do the modeling and UVing part, but I wouldn't be able to make it my first priority unfortunately. I hope you can find someone suited to the task. No one likes an unfinished map. :(

By the way, just in case someone tries to bring it up, Jay does have my full permission to modify Grove.

TeeKup
September 19th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah, no Jay.

Skyline
September 19th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble jay but that texture isn't that great at all and tagging is pretty basic stuff (press button>select path>done).

yoyorast
September 19th, 2007, 06:47 PM
As much as I'd like to help, I don't meet many of the qualifications. I'm nearly clueless on scripts, lighting, and music, and I'm not all that great with tags. I could do the modeling and UVing part, but I wouldn't be able to make it my first priority unfortunately. I hope you can find someone suited to the task. No one likes an unfinished map. :(

By the way, just in case someone tries to bring it up, Jay does have my full permission to modify Grove.

Thanks very much for your answer Arteen.. and Thanks so much everybody for your answers and proposition to help.. this is very encouraging.. I'm not choosing anyone yet.. still want to wait 1 or 2 days more.. but there seem to be some interesting canditats already..
O and please guys, I may have expressed myself the wrong way.. stop thinking you have to know how to script, the scripts are already done by CtrlAltDestroy.. just need some testing..

About me not able to use HEK, there's a multiple reasons.. sure I guess I could populate easily and make some basic operations but anway, I don't know how to correct errors myself in max (I guess it's a condition to export to HEK), applying textures is a nightmare for me.. I miss a lot of skills in Max.. So I used to ask theghost to do this type of thing for me.. and while he was making it, well he used to make HEK stuff also..
So this started from the fact to be used to do this way..
2nd reason is that I never tried
3- Until now, my entire free time (on the comp) was only dedicated to creating/modifying/testing the models/buils itself.. So not, only working in HEK would take me more time and energy but also learning and getting used to it represent time.. in the end, this would slow down the process..
4- It's all in english
5- I'm lazy.. hehe

Jay, not that I'm not believing you have the requiered skills but I think I won't go with you just because I think you should focus on the new ATV for V2.. this requiers a lot of work maybe plenty of corrections to end up with something perfect.. So please keep it up with this man..

O, and for those who asked why I don't choose one guy for one task, another one for another.. well I'm already dealing with few people working or having worked on some parts of the project.. and it's already a job to manage and coordinate the things with a few people.. More people can mean loose of time.. So if there's a possibility to deal with only one person capable of doing the stuff that reamins to be done, I prefer this option.. And also, the less new people have the model, the better I sleep..

Come on new candidates you may be the one!

yoyorast
September 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM
:embarrassed:Dam double post, sorry for that Ghosty:embarrassed:

Skyline
September 19th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Just wondering yoyorast, do you ever check your PM's? :saddowns:

yoyorast
September 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Just wondering yoyorast, do you ever check your PM's? :saddowns:

And you? lol

Skyline
September 19th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I had to look for some stuff.

Jay2645
September 19th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I never said that was finished.

I am a thousand times better at mapping then I am at vehicles, and if you give me a BSP, I can do wonders.

Meh, I'll finish V2's ATV right now, then I'll be back to see if you still don't have anyone.

But just curious, what is so bad about it? Sure, the textures do need work, but that WAS what I was working on at the time I stopped working on it. I need to know what exactly needs work so I can fix it.

yoyorast
September 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I never said that was finished.

I am a thousand times better at mapping then I am at vehicles, and if you give me a BSP, I can do wonders.

Meh, I'll finish V2's ATV right now, then I'll be back to see if you still don't have anyone.

But just curious, what is so bad about it? Sure, the textures do need work, but that WAS what I was working on at the time I stopped working on it. I need to know what exactly needs work so I can fix it.

If you send me a build with your last version, I'll tell you exactly.. Thanks man..

LlamaMaster
September 19th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Jay, your stuff this isn't all that special; I don't think your a good as you believe you are.

Jay2645
September 19th, 2007, 11:49 PM
By what was bad, I meant Swamp Grove, but whatever.

No, I'm not too good, I admit that, I've mid-way through learning advanced stuff.
I admit I have a big ego, and when I have Halomaps noobs coming to me for help all the time, I feel good inside (and a little annoyed), and think I am better then I really am.

Also, in other news, I have finished the ATV, Yoyorast. I'll email you a build right now.

yoyorast
September 20th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Also, in other news, I have finished the ATV, Yoyorast. I'll email you a build right now.

Thanks man, the wanted corrections are in your PM box.. Keep this up!

Pooky
September 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM
A video of my Silent Cartographer mod:
e28TsYWGQu4

Hah, that Hunter slapped your grenade out of the way, and I swear I saw that Elite do a Halo 2 style lunge. Rest was pretty meh.

Jay2645
September 22nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Hah, that Hunter slapped your grenade out of the way, and I swear I saw that Elite do a Halo 2 style lunge. Rest was pretty meh.
That was a pretty old build, I have to make a couple easy changes before I make another video, but those "easy changes" require some Photoshop work, followed by some tool work, and re-referencing EVERY LITTLE BITMAP in my shaders.
Easy, but boring.

CHMAN
September 22nd, 2007, 01:26 AM
i think yoyorast should make a simple bsp,with loads of errors and tell that whoever gets the final working scenerio done gets the job

Skyline
September 22nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
That's not a great idea. He would have to give the model to more people then he wants to.

DaaxGhost
September 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
It depends, if I had time, I would. but school is harsh on my time.

yoyorast
September 25th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, just to let you know, Arteen was the chosen one..Thanks eveyone for proposing your help... I hope the project will go faster to the end now.. maybe he won't be able to do everything needed (adding the music for examlple) I'll look for someone for this and maybe more stuff when time will come..
On an other and, do someone know where I could find the Zanzibar Palmtrees tags?

El Lobo
September 25th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Arteen is the man, should work out just fine. Hope that beta rolls around sometime. ;)

Tweek
September 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
so here's what i'm wondering.

it's your map, why don't you finish it?
it's not like it's hard, or hard to learn for that matter.
you say you cant use the HEK, why not?

Sever
September 25th, 2007, 11:00 AM
He's French.

Rosco
September 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM
so here's what i'm wondering.

it's your map, why don't you finish it?
it's not like it's hard, or hard to learn for that matter.
you say you cant use the HEK, why not?

Yeah, tweek, I havent seen any tutorials written in fluent French, and other than that, I havent seen any that qualify as a good tutorial that hasnt been slapped into an english to french translator.

:p

Sever
September 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hell, I haven't seen any good tutorials PERIOD.

Love De Lux
September 25th, 2007, 01:03 PM
There is a small mapping community in france.
I helped those guys at the beginning, with the basics things, I still help them when they ask
They also done some tutorials...let's say, they're not that good.

Yoyo, feel free to ask me if you need help, you know that I'm french too. I have the Zanzibar's trees tags as well.

Bad Waffle
September 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
^^ YES.