PDA

View Full Version : HEK is BS.

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
So I gave up trying to mod on Halo PC for CE, and I can't believe how much BS HEK is in comparison to HMT.

1. I can't get my AR to spread while it's firing. I have the Error variables set to exactly what I had in my HMT variables.

2. My pistol KEEPS SPREADING even though I set the Error variables all to 0.

3. My sniper won't kick back even though I have the Permanent Camera Impulse set to -0.03.

4. My modded Fuel Rod/Spartan Laser won't fire. It'll just make a fizzle sound after it charges.

5. The shotgun reload animations are now royally FUCKED UP.

HMT is so much easier to use than Guerrilla, it's unbelievable. I will admit that Sapien is better than Sparkedit, however.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or why it's not doing what I'm telling it to do, but I've been working on this crap all day and I haven't made any progress other than getting a HPC level ported to HCE with slight rate of fire/clip size modifications. That's it.

Con
September 20th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Are your edited weapons entirely new tags? Did you make sure reference them in the globals?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 20th, 2007, 08:36 PM
1. Guerilla uses degrees. HMT uses radians. Use google to convert. (Ex: "n radians in degrees")

2. Make sure you have the error acceleration and deceleration vales are at 0 too.

3. Once again, radians vs. degrees.

4. More detail?

5. Open your weapon tag and scroll down to the "weapon type" dropdown list. Make sure it's set to shotgun.

The switch from PC tools to the HEK may be a bit awkward at first, but when you get used to it, it's really much better.

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
baeleted imagery

Con
September 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I see all your edited weapons are under m00k\weapons\, as a seperate tagset.

Like I said, make sure your globals tag is referencing these new weapons.

CtrlAltDestroy
September 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM
1/2. Those error settings are for determining which of THESE:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/387/errorlv2.jpg

error settings to use based on your rate of fire.

4. You don't set up the sound that way. It's a looping_sound scaled by the charging function. I wish someone wrote a more in-depth tutorial on functions i could direct you to... maybe I'll have to write one sometime.

ICEE
September 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM
if I could grasp HEK enough to do some decent tagging, you can too. its not so hard

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
1/2. Those error settings are for determining which of THESE:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/387/errorlv2.jpg

error settings to use based on your rate of fire.

4. You don't set up the sound that way. It's a looping_sound scaled by the charging function. I wish someone wrote a more in-depth tutorial on functions i could direct you to... maybe I'll have to write one sometime.

Oh, okay, that makes sense.. thanks for the support, man. Means a lot, considering you're CAD. >D

I see all your edited weapons are under m00k\weapons\, as a seperate tagset.

Like I said, make sure your globals tag is referencing these new weapons.

I'm not entirely sure how to do that at this point, since I've just started on this crap today, but I'll figure it out. :p

Sorry about my nubbitry and whatnot guys, I've just started learning to use this stuff, and it's really confusing... So many variables, omg. But again, thanks for the support.

Con
September 20th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not entirely sure how to do that at this point, since I've just started on this crap today, but I'll figure it out. :p

There should be tags/globals/globals.globals tag IIRC. Whenever you add custom weapons or bipeds or vehicles, you'll need to put them in the globals or else they will not spawn. It's basically everything that spawns when you go cheat_all_weapons or cheat_all_vehicles.

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 09:59 PM
There should be tags/globals/globals.globals tag IIRC. Whenever you add custom weapons or bipeds or vehicles, you'll need to put them in the globals or else they will not spawn. It's basically everything that spawns when you go cheat_all_weapons or cheat_all_vehicles.

What I'm doing is modifying each and every weapon in the game, and there doesn't seem to be too much tagspace in the Globals, it has a limit of 20 or so. So should I replace the weapons already there with the modified ones I'm making?

ALSO, I figured out that I'm spawning with different weapons than are placed on the map. IE I can pick up two pistols. That's not right D:

Con
September 20th, 2007, 10:03 PM
So should I replace the weapons already there with the modified ones I'm making?
Yes, but back up your original globals first.

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 10:43 PM
EDIT: Nevermind... fixed.

Hopefully I'll get somewhere with this.

Jay2645
September 20th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Make sure YOUR weapons are the starting equipment and the .item_collections found on the map.

t3h m00kz
September 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Make sure YOUR weapons are the starting equipment and the .item_collections found on the map.

They are. I went through and made sure multiple times the tags for the starting equipment is the same as the Pistol and AR used for MP equipment. But I'm still able to pick up two ARs and pistols, and it's wierd.

EDIT: The two weapons glitch only happens on Slayer Pro. It may have to do with the fact that my pistol and assault rifle and all other default weapons are set in another folder, tags/m00k/weapons.

MNC
September 21st, 2007, 02:01 AM
You can pick up 2 of the same weapons simply because they are defined as 2 different weapons. Remove the items collection from the old weapons from your map.

t3h m00kz
September 21st, 2007, 02:29 AM
You can pick up 2 of the same weapons simply because they are defined as 2 different weapons. Remove the items collection from the old weapons from your map.

I did, I replaced every items collection I could find with my new ones. I think Slayer Pro may be set to use the default pistol and AR, as opposed to my modded ones in /m00k/weapons.