PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Leaked

dg
September 21st, 2007, 04:08 PM
It's official, so stay off the Internet if you don't want to be spoiled. 6.14GB of Halo 3 goodness has made the trek to Xbox CCCLX hard drives across the world, region free.

http://i5.tinypic.com/61ur5o0.jpg
For those that were wondering, the screen shot shows nothing new, only proof that it works.

TIA Gangsta
September 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Well people got legal copies of Halo 3 a few days ago, so the warning to stay off the internet was recieved a while back...
And the website where I download PSP isos has a Halo 3 download in the Xbox 360 section too.

dg
September 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well people got legal copies of Halo 3 a few days ago, so the warning to stay off the internet was recieved a while back...
And the website where I download PSP isos has a Halo 3 download in the Xbox 360 section too.

Yes, but that was mostly in Europe and other places. World wide release to anyone started now that it's leaked.

Tweek
September 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
:<

no moar internetz for me.

Hotrod
September 21st, 2007, 05:10 PM
Does the spoiler contain any spoilers (as in new weapons/vehicles/enemies/equipmrent/etc...)?

Mr Buckshot
September 21st, 2007, 05:15 PM
No, it's simply a picture of the H3 campaign playing on a giant HDTV (you can see it's the campaign and not the summer beta since there's a marine AI and lush Earth vegetation). Nothing to spoil the story.

But I'm not surprised. I've seen 640x272 high-quality rips of movies about 3/4 of a month before they come out on DVD (not that I downloaded any, oh no, but my friends unscrupulously love to do it). So it's no surprise that Halo 3 got leaked. As to how the original leakers got hold of it - well, it's gone gold and is already in the storerooms of many retailers.

jngrow
September 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
It isn't leaked, as in Bungie is fully aware that gold copies are circulating and that a few 1000 people have their hands on them. Leak is something like 10-20 people made a copy from within bungie and sent it to their buddy.

FluffyDucky™
September 21st, 2007, 05:22 PM
Lol, halo 3.. you would pretty stupid to download it. I would never download any version of halo. I love it so much, so i buy all of them, legit. :D Can't wait! I have it pre-ordered! Wooooo! :P

Xetsuei
September 21st, 2007, 05:58 PM
What is CCCLX?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 21st, 2007, 06:18 PM

Con
September 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM
:smith: I gotta be carefull, this is gonna end up like Snape Kills Dumbledore

Amit
September 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM

OMG ILLEGAL ISOs!

:smith: I gotta be carefull, this is gonna end up like Snape Kills Dumbledore

*Harry Potter 7 Spoiler Alert!*

But surely you know this:

Snape was ordered by Albus to kill him.

Terin
September 21st, 2007, 08:56 PM
From taking a look at the Halo 3 storyline, there's not too many "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" moments.

Pooky
September 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
This doesn't exactly come as a surprise... it's a lot like the Half Life 2 leak. Something this big, it's almost definitely going to get leaked.

StankBacon
September 21st, 2007, 11:00 PM
It isn't leaked, as in Bungie is fully aware that gold copies are circulating and that a few 1000 people have their hands on them. Leak is something like 10-20 people made a copy from within bungie and sent it to their buddy.

no.

anything out before the release date, is a leak.

Xetsuei™;163321']What is CCCLX?

the release group.