PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] 3rd Neil Blockamp short

Rob Oplawar
September 24th, 2007, 10:29 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, I demand that you go watch it.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/last-one-standing/halo-sweeps/halo-sweeps.html
It leads perfectly into Halo 3. It is epic and awesome and moving and just awesome. If they had made the Halo movie and it had been like this, it would have surpassed every other movie I love and become my hands down favorite.

And mods, I didn't see this anywhere else on the site yet, but I have a tendency to post these things after there's already a thread, so my bad if it's already there.

X3RO SHIF7
September 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
that was ALOT better then the previous shorts

Patrickssj6
September 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
:awesome:

IPBJT!
September 24th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Best one, no doubt about it. :awesome:

Atty
September 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
That was great.

t3h m00kz
September 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Pretty i ntense

FireDragon04
September 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Saw this on the Bungie.net forums earlier. Great stuff.

Note: Brute Chieftens go boom!

MNC
September 24th, 2007, 12:29 PM
That was awesome. The regular brutes looked out of place with their light brown fur, but the chieftain with the hammer was awesome.

Also great prologue to Halo 3.

Con
September 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
lol, he pwnt that banshee with a spike nade :V

teh lag
September 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Sweet jesus, that was awesome. Chieftain was especially cool.

X3RO SHIF7
September 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
yeah i wouldent expect a marine to nail a banshee moving that fast with a spikenade thrown at him lol, not even an ODST, maybe the MC though

Flyboy
September 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Now if bungie said Halo 3 was the last in this story ark. If they make another one, it should be based off of the marines.

Also, best one so far!

Haloking365
September 24th, 2007, 02:04 PM
There was a second one? Link plx. :/

fatso784
September 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Riveting.

Masterz1337
September 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Amazing. So what exactly is last one standing? A whole tv episode like this?

Amit
September 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Amazing. So what exactly is last one standing? A whole tv episode like this?

OMFG, I'm still asking that question. If Last One Standing is what I think it is, :awesome:

Siliconmaster
September 24th, 2007, 02:51 PM
As much as I would like it to be an ongoing Halo-related thing, it looks like "Last One Standing" is a Discovery show about 6 guys who compete in a tribal competition with wrestling and interesting stuff. I'd personally rather have a Halo show than a new reality show. :)

Amit
September 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM
As much as I would like it to be an ongoing Halo-related thing, it looks like "Last One Standing" is a Discovery show about 6 guys who compete in a tribal competition with wrestling and interesting stuff. I'd personally rather have a Halo show than a new reality show. :)

Ya, I just noticed that after reading the show's description. WTH is the Halo thing for then? How is it Halo related besides some contest? :gonk:

DaneO'Roo
September 24th, 2007, 04:59 PM
holy fuck wow

TeeKup
September 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM
When that banshee got nailed by the spike nade, I almost lost it.

I really liked that sniper dude, its a shame he got totally layed out by that Cheiftan. XD

Sever
September 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
It just shows you how important Master Chief is to Humanity's survival. Marines are willing to risk (and GIVE) their lives for the simple task of locating his crash site. Wow.

Amit
September 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM
When that banshee got nailed by the spike nade, I almost lost it.

I really liked that sniper dude, its a shame he got totally layed out by that Cheiftan. XD

Frig, I said the same thing.

It just shows you how important Master Chief is to Humanity's survival. Marines are willing to risk (and GIVE) their lives for the simple task of locating his crash site. Wow.

Well after the Spartans go MIA on Onyx, John is the only Spartan left. SO naturally they'd do everything they can to make sure he stays alive.

*Spoiler to plot of Halo 3*
Imagine the dark thoughts that were going through the mind of Johnson when he thought the Chief was dead. His friend would be dead and all the known Spartans would be gone. The UNSC would have to make due with the Arbiter's forces.

DaneO'Roo
September 24th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Seeing the chieften fully RAPE that guy had me in awe. So fucking awesome.

Amit
September 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Seeing the chieften fully RAPE that guy had me in awe. So fucking awesome.

I hated to see such a good sniper get pwned like that. I wonder how they made these videos.

Teroh
September 25th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I hated to see such a good sniper get pwned like that. I wonder how they made these videos.
Videos? This is real life baby! :awesome:

Jay2645
September 25th, 2007, 12:47 AM
The war's been going on for the last 27 years, mate, get with the program.
Didn't you hear the news? A Covenant Destroyer jumped to slipspace over New Mombasa a couple weeks ago! The whole city was destroyed, too. That Commander Keyes, you know, the daughter of the late Capitan Keyes? She followed it. Ballsiest officer in the fleet, she is. I hear they discovered another Halo. Everyone made it back to Earth, minus the Master Chief. This must be how they discovered the crash site.
Funny how it isn't on the news yet.

Teroh
September 25th, 2007, 12:49 AM
The war's been going on for the last 27 years, mate, get with the program.
Didn't you hear the news? A Covenant Destroyer jumped to slipspace over New Mombasa a couple weeks ago! The whole city was destroyed, too. That Commander Keyes, you know, the daughter of the late Capitan Keyes? She followed it. Ballsiest officer in the fleet, she is. I hear they discovered another Halo. Everyone made it back to Earth, minus the Master Chief. This must be how they discovered the crash site.
Funny how it isn't on the news yet.
Yeah the news sure likes to censor things like that. I get my news from the Master Chief Weekly, how bout you?

Jay2645
September 25th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I get mine from UNSC Today.

Teroh
September 25th, 2007, 01:16 AM
I get mine from UNSC Today.
Pfffft, what a biased journal.

Kornman00
September 25th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Hellllooooooooo nurse :downs:

on a more serious note: :o

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE HI-RES-OMFG VERSION OF THIS >:|!?!??!?!?!

beele
September 25th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Hellllooooooooo nurse :downs:

on a more serious note: :o

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE HI-RES-OMFG VERSION OF THIS >:|!?!??!?!?!

yeah I would like to see and download a hd version of that video too.

FRain
September 25th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Roflcopter spike nade banshee.

(grab)
(toss)
(BAM)
I creamed.

Amit
September 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Videos? This is real life baby! :awesome:

LMAO, those are videos of real life! Don't you think I know that already? I meant how they make the banshees and pelican, and more stuff look so real. Well it's probably the same question to ask to a movie director like Michael Bay when he made transformers.

Tweek
September 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
they use pro rendering and compositing.

it's not that hard once you know how, it just takes long to get right.
i did some simple stuff like that, overlaying 3d models onto a video, but looks REALLY out of place. i could babble more, but cba.

Teroh
September 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
LMAO, those are videos of real life! Don't you think I know that already? I meant how they make the banshees and pelican, and more stuff look so real. Well it's probably the same question to ask to a movie director like Michael Bay when he made transformers.
MAKE the banshees and pelicans? Dude, theres a worldwide war going on with the covenant. They're rolling off the production lines like hot cakes, cmon man, go outside once in a while.

Skiiran
September 25th, 2007, 06:19 PM
MAKE the banshees and pelicans? Dude, theres a worldwide war going on with the covenant. They're rolling off the production lines like hot cakes, cmon man, go outside once in a while.
The new line has this new door and all. :awesome:

Kornman00
September 26th, 2007, 05:36 AM
geez, y don't u git wit teh program and FINISH THE FIGHT ALREADY <:mad:>

Archon23
September 26th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Yah we got these new Phantoms rolling off the lines too. Seems the Elites wanted to paint em Emerald Green.

Amit
September 26th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yah we got these new Phantoms rolling off the lines too. Seems the Elites wanted to paint em Emerald Green.

Well the Big Green Style can't be defeated.

Jay2645
September 27th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, it makes it much easier to know what to point my Hornet's guns at.

I used to accidentally kill a lot of friendlies due to me opening fire on the wrong guys.
Suprised I haven't gotten a court-martial yet, but I suppose the UNSC needs all the soldiers it can get.

MNC
September 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM
The new line has this new door and all. :awesome:

Ooh, yeah, I like those. The Pelicans are finally done, and have all the gear they need :D

Amit
September 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, it makes it much easier to know what to point my Hornet's guns at.

I used to accidentally kill a lot of friendlies due to me opening fire on the wrong guys.
Suprised I haven't gotten a court-martial yet, but I suppose the UNSC needs all the soldiers it can get.

They wouldn't court-martial a Spartan. They would probably see it as him doing what was necessary.

Ooh, yeah, I like those. The Pelicans are finally done, and have all the gear they need :D

Ya the new door on the pelicans are kickass, just don't get stuck between them:O

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah, the new door is :awesome:.
I suppose they wouldn't court-martial a Spartan, but I still don't see how killing hundreds of friendly Elites doesn't warrant that.
I have to go, I'm using this computer on Tsavo Highway right now, and there's a Phantom inbound.

MNC
September 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Ugh, watch out for those. I was just going through Voi on my bike, and all of a sudden, the freaking purple beast came flying by! Sand in my eyes, too.

Kornman00
September 28th, 2007, 12:53 PM
o i c wat u guis did thar :downs:

omg guys, I was like, out on patrol looking for mister chief and this fucking grunt popped out of no where, said "boo!" then proceeded to BITE MY KNEE CAPS OFF! WTF <:mad:>?!

Amit
September 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the new door is :awesome:.
I suppose they wouldn't court-martial a Spartan, but I still don't see how killing hundreds of friendly Elites doesn't warrant that.
I have to go, I'm using this computer on Tsavo Highway right now, and there's a Phantom inbound.

Hundreds? Whoa, you got a trigger happy finger for anything that is around you. Also remember, John and COrtana have killed hundreds of soldiers....if there were any others other than the ODSTs that retook Truth and Reconciliation, when they destroyed Halo. They have also probably killed friendlies in previous missions, to get the job done. And Tom and Lucy killed hundreds of Spartan-IIIs on Pegasi Delta.

Kornman00
September 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM
collateral damage, 'nuf said.

Cortexian
September 29th, 2007, 03:19 AM
You have to remember, Lucy doesn't speak anymore. Seen the new Dukes of Hazard? Picture the "No bo no!" scene.

n00b1n8R
September 29th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Well the Big Green Style can't be defeated.
I lol'd

the video was too laggy for me :<

MNC
September 29th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I noticed the squad was Bravo 22.

Amit
September 29th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I noticed the squad was Bravo 22.

WTF? Is the squad name different than the Pelican name? Bravo 22 was shot down on the Silent Cartographer. Anyways, it probably doesn't matter since that pelican was onboard the Pillar of Autumn and not the new ship.

MNC
September 29th, 2007, 01:13 PM
WTF? Is the squad name different than the Pelican name? Bravo 22 was shot down on the Silent Cartographer. Anyways, it probably doesn't matter since that pelican was onboard the Pillar of Autumn and not the new ship.

I know, it was pretty weird. Do they usually reuse squad names as soon as the originals don't exist?

nooBBooze
September 29th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Ugh.
Am i actually the only one thinking a hypothetical halo movie shouldnt be anything like this? Mainly the cheap ass setting and "story" fucked it up for me as well as the crappy hog cam sequences. Its really nothing a x-times more dollar budget couldnt handle but still...
Honestly, if it werent for all the halo stuff id probably kick it right off my HD.

Amit
September 29th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Ugh.
Am i actually the only one thinking a hypothetical halo movie shouldnt be anything like this? Mainly the cheap ass setting and "story" fucked it up for me as well as the crappy hog cam sequences. Its really nothing a x-times more dollar budget couldnt handle but still...
Honestly, if it werent for all the halo stuff id probably kick it right off my HD.

WTF? Are you not a Halo fan at all? It has an excellent story. I really think the Halo movie should look like these Videos. It looks exactly like real life. I would like to get a hold of a set of that ODST armour or at least the Helmet. If not, maybe a miniture ODST helmet at the same size as the Spartan helmet that came with the Legendary Edition.

That was definitely not a post deserving of +rep.

Pooky
September 30th, 2007, 12:16 AM
WTF? Are you not a Halo fan at all? It has an excellent story. I really think the Halo movie should look like these Videos. It looks exactly like real life. I would like to get a hold of a set of that ODST armour or at least the Helmet. If not, maybe a miniture ODST helmet at the same size as the Spartan helmet that came with the Legendary Edition.

That was definitely not a post deserving of +rep.
WTF? are you a massive Halo fanboy at all?

That was definitely not a post deserving of +rep

Amit
September 30th, 2007, 12:25 AM
WTF? are you a massive Halo fanboy at all?

That was definitely not a post deserving of +rep

I was just stating what seemed suitable...he said the story of halo was "Cheap ass." This short film was based on the events right before the first level of Halo 3. What makes it so "Cheap Ass?"

Pooky
September 30th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I don't think anything about it is cheapass, but you don't have to go bashing him just because he doesn't have the same opinion as you... read: fanboyism

Amit
September 30th, 2007, 12:30 AM
I don't think anything about it is cheapass, but you don't have to go bashing him just because he doesn't have the same opinion as you... read: fanboyism

Alright...you're right man...dunno what i was smokin there. Still...I wanna know why he thinks it's cheap ass. Not so much you.

nooBBooze
September 30th, 2007, 05:42 AM
They say reading is a worthy skill.

Now I didnt say anything against the overall halo story i rather meant the "story" of those particular shorts.

Anyways -and just to get my point right- i gotta say i had the impression that
Blomkamp just gathered a bunch of guys in some former quarry (rather boring but cheap and favourable for the production) and they had some random fun playing around with their weta stuff. Afterwards they slapped some special effects on it and thats it. No fancy director skills needed.
And for the in-hog [and some other] sequences-i think it wouldnt have hurt to use some filters but they apperantly preffered the casual webcam look.

I altthough have to confirm that it sure got the halo 3 hype up and it was -as a commercial - rather decent. But, as i said, those flaws could easily be fixed with the multi billion dollar budget a hypothetical halo movie would recieve.

Amit
September 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
They say reading is a worthy skill.

Now I didnt say anything against the overall halo story i rather meant the "story" of those particular shorts.

Anyways -and just to get my point right- i gotta say i had the impression that
Blomkamp just gathered a bunch of guys in some former quarry (rather boring but cheap and favourable for the production) and they had some random fun playing around with their weta stuff. Afterwards they slapped some special effects on it and thats it. No fancy director skills needed.
And for the in-hog [and some other] sequences-i think it wouldnt have hurt to use some filters but they apperantly preffered the casual webcam look.

I altthough have to confirm that it sure got the halo 3 hype up and it was -as a commercial - rather decent. But, as i said, those flaws could easily be fixed with the multi billion dollar budget a hypothetical halo movie would recieve.

Solid points, although the story of these shorts are tied directly to the story of Halo 3.

MNC
October 1st, 2007, 08:01 AM
I certainly don't want the Halo Movie to look like this, either. The props are awesome, some things can be let as they are, the Warthog, Pelican, the weapons, but there is certainly room for improvement if they are actually going for a movie (Even though it'll probably be another team)

Amit
October 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
I certainly don't want the Halo Movie to look like this, either. The props are awesome, some things can be let as they are, the Warthog, Pelican, the weapons, but there is certainly room for improvement if they are actually going for a movie (Even though it'll probably be another team)

Yeah...like for this urban scene it looked pretty cool, but empty. There were like barely any humans to help find master chief. The ODSTs were just trying to find a medic. They could have found a better vantage point from a deserted building to sight Sierra-117.