PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Spoiler Thread *ENTER AT OWN RISK*

Atty
September 24th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Anything from Videos to screen shots, general help with parts of the single player, or just general discussion of the story line. Anything that is a spoiler is discussed here.

From Abdurahman:

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!! MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!

MASSIVE SPOILERS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Gameplay of the last level and the complete ending even after credits.
UC7Fukxe2tM

Miranda Keyes DIES!!!
ydQBQBWQs1g

Intro and other cutscenes, Chief rescues Cortana and Johnson dies.
BTW Cortana is HAWT
o3KCvLIKq8w

I deleted the first thread because I fucked up the merging, my first time trying that. >:

Sorry for stealing your thunder, the above spoilers are thanks to Abdurahman for finding and posting.

Abdurahman
September 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
No problem Atty.

Thanks for fixing my name.

thehoodedsmack
September 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Awesome ending. Sequel?

343guiltymc
September 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
well this confirmed one thing, truth is not in denial about halo's true purpose

Tweek
September 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
i got spoilerd :<

damnit.

why did i click. :'(

Rosco
September 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
i got spoilerd :<

damnit.

why did i click. :'(

you has no eggbox tweek

Snaver
September 25th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Wow i missed that bit.. :( i r sad

beele
September 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM
well I found me some nice videos too.

Thruth is being a bitch in this video. :lol:
bzFR2Tg7SOA

I have others to, but those are the same that are already posted.

Cortexian
September 25th, 2007, 05:17 PM
This thread has officially reached into my car fund to buy an Xbox 360 and Halo 3. Way to go.

Con
September 25th, 2007, 07:33 PM
well I found me some nice videos too.

Thruth is being a bitch in this video. :lol:
bzFR2Tg7SOA

I have others to, but those are the same that are already posted.

oh, so that's where the voice in the trailer came from. Really doesn't sound like a prophet though.

Kiyoshi
September 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I just beat it and it looks like thats it for halo, for now. They will bring it back out of no where and surprise everybody. Then the halo revolution shall begin again.

beele
September 26th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Well I've been looking around for some more videos (I won't play halo 3 anytime soon, because I may not buy a 360 by my parents :(, so I'm looking for videos and stuff :)).

a small cutscene video with not to much spoilers. 9OxbaLCvpZE

Sever
September 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Nice how they got the warthog to be not near the start of the level, but contextually located at a later point, eh?

Amit
September 26th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Well I've been looking around for some more videos (I won't play halo 3 anytime soon, because I may not buy a 360 by my parents :(, so I'm looking for videos and stuff :)).

THAT LOOKS SOOOOOO EPIC!!!

X3RO SHIF7
September 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
So just finished halo 3.......Game is like 300x better then halo 2

Archon23
September 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
You know......according to the ending I am so betting there is going to be a spin off game thats looking for MCs Cryo Tube.

.....or at least hundreds of Fanfics.......

Tweek
September 26th, 2007, 05:43 PM
you didn't finish it on legendary did you? ;)

there's a twist.

X3RO SHIF7
September 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
i did heroic not legendary :X - Well I'm off to legendary :}

Stealth
September 26th, 2007, 07:07 PM

I don't know about you guys, but that looks all most like SC.

Con
September 26th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Now I see where valhalla is...

Saggy
September 26th, 2007, 08:45 PM
you didn't finish it on legendary did you? ;)

there's a twist.
Game about Onyx next maybe? That's what the thing at the end looked like to my friend. He said it matches the description of Onyx perfectly. (Giant, Forrunner Sphere). I, personally, never read the book...

DaneO'Roo
September 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM
There are new museum videos in the Halo 3 Diorama.

Also, the animations of characters in the cutscenes are awful :/

They move like robots. ESPECIALLY Lord whats his face and Miranda.

Con
September 26th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I don't like Miranda's voice acting...it doesn't sound right.

Sever
September 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Not at all... (My opinion) It just doesn't have that edge to it. She sounds too childish and too cocky. And looks like she's un-aged a few years and overdone it on the makeup. The old Ms. Keyes was much more suited for the role, with her non-nasal and determined voice, as well as her mature looks and lines. Someone over at Bungie has royally fucked up. This, by the way, is one of the two flaws I have yet to see with the game, the other being the fact that the Halo that you are on tears itself apart, even though it has been activated before without any of these problems. Proof of this is the fact that all of the ringworld's systems are still functioning at more than acceptable levels prior to its second activation.

X3RO SHIF7
September 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
just beat legendary, only one thing to say - wtf? anyone know whats up?

IPBJT!
September 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Not at all... (My opinion) It just doesn't have that edge to it. She sounds too childish and too cocky. And looks like she's un-aged a few years and overdone it on the makeup. The old Ms. Keyes was much more suited for the role, with her non-nasal and determined voice, as well as her mature looks and lines. Someone over at Bungie has royally fucked up. This, by the way, is one of the two flaws I have yet to see with the game, the other being the fact that the Halo that you are on tears itself apart, even though it has been activated before without any of these problems. Proof of this is the fact that all of the ringworld's systems are still functioning at more than acceptable levels prior to its second activation.

This Halo blow up because it isn't fully operational since it's pretty new, which also means it was not activated before.

Sever
September 26th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Really? I haven't played the game yet, and I doubt the validity if this statement, due to the fact that all of the Forerunners perished during the first activation of the system of rings, and that all seven of them were activated simultaneously. Correct me if I am wrong, and show your proof, please.

dazman23
September 26th, 2007, 11:01 PM
He is telling the truth, the ark is where the halos were built so it was building a new one since MC destroyed one in halo 1.

DaneO'Roo
September 26th, 2007, 11:02 PM
sever...
No, the ark or something started building a new one to replace the old one, which was is not unlike the old installation 04. The control room looks almost the same, but with more detail and stuff. The beach mission reminds me alot of b30 (The Silent Cartogropher). Also, Guilty Spark goes rampart thinking that his new halo is going to be destroyed so he kills Johnson before he ativates it. Chief then kills GS and activates it anyway.

dammit dazman beat me

Sever
September 26th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I get it now. It makes perfect sense (really). Damn, the Forerunners had everything planned out and put on failsafe systems. THAT is an impressive and quite effective method that Bungie has implemented to show the Forerunners importance of the Halos in stopping and containing the flood, along with moving you from one environment to another. That also explains the terrain in the last bit of gameplay. Thanks!, and IPBJT, I nvever doubted you, I just wanted to push you for more of an explanation.

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2007, 12:38 AM
My guess -- we just found out what the Peter Jackson project is all about. Adventures of Cortana and Master Cheif anyone?

X3RO SHIF7
September 27th, 2007, 12:56 AM
There are new museum videos in the Halo 3 Diorama.

Also, the animations of characters in the cutscenes are awful :/

They move like robots. ESPECIALLY Lord whats his face and Miranda.
i havent really been paying attention to them but the master chief and arbiter have good animations in cutscenes, well except with the MC was sprinting, looked kinda funny
I Loved the cutscenes in this game

DaneO'Roo
September 27th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Also, I've got a feeling I know what bungies next game is going to be called, and what it's going to be about.

Iris

When the halos were first created.

Tweek
September 27th, 2007, 03:31 AM
actually no.

343 GS tells us that the humans ARE the forerunner.
the reason he attacks johnson, is because GS said, that according to his projections, the ring should be ready to fire in 4 days. and johnson is luke fuck that. and GS is like NO, if you fire the ring now, you'll destroy the ARK!.
(because the ring's firing mechanism isn't complete, and it'll collapse if fired, taking the ark down with it.

(he doesnt give a fuck about the ring afaik, just the ark, since the explicitly yells "the ark is MINE" when he goes rampant.)

beele
September 27th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I start to see a connection through the whole story now.
Must find more cutscenes:D

StankBacon
September 27th, 2007, 06:06 AM
(he doesnt give a fuck about the ring afaik, just the ark, since the explicitly yells "the ark is MINE" when he goes rampant.)

i thought he said this installation is mine ?

thehoodedsmack
September 27th, 2007, 06:29 AM
For those who haven't seen the legendary ending:

waasn-zhpZg

Jay2645
September 27th, 2007, 11:04 AM
actually no.

the reason he attacks johnson, is because GS said, that according to his projections, the ring should be ready to fire in 4 days. and johnson is luke fuck that. and GS is like NO, if you fire the ring now, you'll destroy the ARK!.
(because the ring's firing mechanism isn't complete, and it'll collapse if fired, taking the ark down with it.

Man, you beat me to it.

Funny how every one of my Halo theories from my old thread turned out to be true, save one, Adjutant Reflex.

But it's nice how Bungie turned the tables on us, getting EVERYONE thinking Earth is the Ark, and then turning out that, no, Earth isn't the Ark, Earth is a PORTAL to the Ark.

But I liked how some of the levels felt Halo 1-ish, like The Ark felt like The Silent Cartographer, and Halo felt like The Maw.
Nice how it ends with a Warthog run, one of my favorite things to do in all of the Halo games.

Also, How do you unlock the other Armor Permutations? I'm assuming you go up ranks, I'm a Corpral right now, and I have unlocked a grand total of 1 piece of Armor.

Tweek
September 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM
i haven't done any online play at all with my account, since it has no XBL, and it's on a friend's Xbox, but i when i finished campaign on heroic, i had unlocked 2 sets, plus the standard set.

i'm guessing you get one for normal, one for heroic, and one for legendary, and the others via some other achievements or hidden spots you have to find in the campaign or something

TIA Gangsta
September 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
For those who haven't seen the legendary ending:

waasn-zhpZg

After watching that, I came to the conclusion that there will be a Halo 4.
So Cortana and MC are still alive, but drifting in space with hardly any hope, but right at the end of that, they're seen drifting towards a planet. I believe this planet is Onyx (don't ask why, it's just a guess).

Now if this is true, then they can make a whole new Halo game. Cortana and MC will be in it, they will land on Onyx and the game will be set there. As for what hostiles they meet, well that's unpredictable. Also, other Spartans are trapped in Onyx also, so they could meet up and kick ass together (etc)....there's plenty of potential.

Also, why didn't they kill of Arbiter? He didn't play much part in the ending - just go up to Lord Hood, say a few lines, then go back to his ship. There must be some reason to why they kept him alive - it would have been great to see him die in some heroic way or sacrafice.
I have a feeling Arbiter will also feature in a future Halo game.

Perhaps they won't call it Halo, but maybe it'll be a successor. Maybe calling the game "Onyx"? Lol. And remember, they said this is the last game in this story-arc, so the next game will have a different story, but I believe it will contain old characters (e.g. Cortana, MC, Arbiter).

Meh, well that's my prediction of what lies in the future for the Halo series. And I feel strangely confident in my theory.

Co Redsonic
September 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hopefully...but my opion is that they should REDO Halo with updated everything. Playing Halo 1 with dualweilding and 1080p graphics...:D

Amit
September 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
After watching that, I came to the conclusion that there will be a Halo 4.
So Cortana and MC are still alive, but drifting in space with hardly any hope, but right at the end of that, they're seen drifting towards a planet. I believe this planet is Onyx (don't ask why, it's just a guess).

Now if this is true, then they can make a whole new Halo game. Cortana and MC will be in it, they will land on Onyx and the game will be set there. As for what hostiles they meet, well that's unpredictable. Also, other Spartans are trapped in Onyx also, so they could meet up and kick ass together (etc)....there's plenty of potential.

Also, why didn't they kill of Arbiter? He didn't play much part in the ending - just go up to Lord Hood, say a few lines, then go back to his ship. There must be some reason to why they kept him alive - it would have been great to see him die in some heroic way or sacrafice.
I have a feeling Arbiter will also feature in a future Halo game.

Perhaps they won't call it Halo, but maybe it'll be a successor. Maybe calling the game "Onyx"? Lol. And remember, they said this is the last game in this story-arc, so the next game will have a different story, but I believe it will contain old characters (e.g. Cortana, MC, Arbiter).

Meh, well that's my prediction of what lies in the future for the Halo series. And I feel strangely confident in my theory.

That is kind of ridiculous. There will be no Halo 4 or Onyx. First of all, that is another Halo, not a planet. Also, if the humans tried to kill the Arbiter, they would get pwned by the elites...they still have better technology. And, they are also allies now so what if another alien race wants to kill everyone? You got friends in this lonely universe. How can a new game be on a new story arc if it is still dealing with both the characters from the previous story AND if it's based off the previous one. That would just make it a sequel.

thehoodedsmack
September 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM
It looked like a planet to me. If it was a Halo, then that light that shows up would be more visible than it was in the cutscene. Though I agree with the "no Onyx" part.

TIA Gangsta
September 27th, 2007, 04:17 PM
That is kind of ridiculous. There will be no Halo 4 or Onyx. First of all, that is another Halo, not a planet. Also, if the humans tried to kill the Arbiter, they would get pwned by the elites...they still have better technology. And, they are also allies now so what if another alien race wants to kill everyone? You got friends in this lonely universe. How can a new game be on a new story arc if it is still dealing with both the characters from the previous story AND if it's based off the previous one. That would just make it a sequel.

How is it a Halo? It's a bloody planet! Look at it again, it's clearly not a ring - it's a sphere.
And I wasn't saying the humans should kill him, I was saying Bungie could have killed him off by some sacrafice he makes to save MC or someone.
Well ever played GTA games? Different stories, yet characters from previous GTAs usually turn up - it can tie in together easily.
I don't think you read my theory correctly, and I've seen many others saying it could be Onyx.
Why would Bungie make that clip of MC and Cortana drifting to some random planet?
Oh, and some people I asked who read the books said that blue light was Onyx's sun, as apparently it has a blue sun near it - which would further hint at it indeed being Onyx he's drifting to.

thehoodedsmack
September 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I just don't think that Bungie would set it on Onyx, because the idea might alienate people who haven't read the book. They might feel that to fully understand the story, that they'd have to go read the novels. I wouldn't be surpised if most Halo fans are under the impression, as the game tells us, that the MC is the last Spartan II. Dropping the whole Onyx thing on them wouldn't be a good idea.

Amit
September 27th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I just don't think that Bungie would set it on Onyx, because the idea might alienate people who haven't read the book. They might feel that to fully understand the story, that they'd have to go read the novels. I wouldn't be surpised if most Halo fans are under the impression, as the game tells us, that the MC is the last Spartan II. Dropping the whole Onyx thing on them wouldn't be a good idea.

There it is, wrapped up in a nice little package.

dcemuser
September 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I wonder if anyone who thinks that "planet" is Onyx has actually read the book. Onyx was completely obliterated by the explosion. The remaining Spartans are trapped IN a Dyson Sphere where Onyx used to be - a sphere that ISN'T VISIBLE to the naked eye AND is "only a few meters in diameter" (page 382). Not to mention that ONYX IS IN OUR GALAXY - and the Ark is not.

Everyone is just going around saying - 'ya know, I heard there was a book about a planet, I bet this is it'.

It's not.

ShadowCloud
September 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Nothing was spoiled for me, it was acctually exciting.

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I still say -- Peter Jackson's long announced little known project.

Warsaw
September 29th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I say, Marathon redux.

Huero
September 29th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I say, I don't really care as long as it's fun.

legionaire45
September 30th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I say, Marathon redux.
The entire game I was waiting for the Marathon guy to pop out from behind a bush or something.

Amit
September 30th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I hope Bungie's next project is something completely unrelated to Halo and Marathon.

Archon23
September 30th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I fear the chances of that happening are next to nothing. But hey there is still a glimmer of hope....

Amit
September 30th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I fear the chances of that happening are next to nothing. But hey there is still a glimmer of hope....

Na I think i had a brain cramp there. I would hate to see that happen.

Con
September 30th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I still say -- Peter Jackson's long announced little known project.

PlasbianX
September 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Was confirmed that peter jackson's project is a halo game.
So, based on the legendary ending... i believe this project could easy take place of a halo 4.

ExAm
October 2nd, 2007, 08:46 PM
Wait, what? Proof plz.

MithosK
October 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM
actually no.

Yeah, no. GS said that the humans have inherited what the forerunner left behind, the "you ARE Forerunner" part is just some of his insanity, or its not meant to be interpreted as such. If you read the terminals throughout the game, you will learn that the Forerunners actually found the humans.

Co Redsonic
October 8th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, no. GS said that the humans have inherited what the forerunner left behind, the "you ARE Forerunner" part is just some of his insanity, or its not meant to be interpreted as such. If you read the terminals throughout the game, you will learn that the Forerunners actually found the humans.OH YEAH! I rember watching a video about that...it was about this African guy living his life in Zanzibar and he talks about the forerunners that came from outter space and stuff. It was basically explainnig when the built the portal to go to the Ark. Dont ask for the video, i forgot where i found it

Dr Nick
October 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Was confirmed that Peter Jackson's project is a halo game.
So, based on the legendary ending... i believe this project could easy take place of a halo 4.
With giant guerrillas and dinosaurs?

teh lag
October 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM
With giant guerrillas and dinosaurs?

Gorillas* :eng101:

That HEK is going to your head :v

ExAm
October 10th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Gorillas* :eng101:

That HEK is going to your head :v
Nah, I think he was actually thinking of giant VCs.

Jay2645
October 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
GIANT KORNMANS! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

sdavis117
October 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Some think that that planet at the end of Halo is the planet in marathon, and that the MC is the marathon man. It is plausible, nowhere in the story is there something that says it isnt.

Jay2645
October 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Bungie has said the Halo storyline happens in a different universe than the Marathon storyline.

Pooky
October 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I still hope they do a pathways into darkness remake... that game had an awesome storytelling method

Con
October 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
something I don't get;

if the humans are the descendants of the forerunners, why did the forerunners and the humans exist at the same time (as seen in the cradle of life comic)?

343guiltymc
October 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Meh, have the people who created even played halo 3 when they created it?

Hotrod
October 23rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
something I don't get;

if the humans are the descendants of the forerunners, why did the forerunners and the humans exist at the same time (as seen in the cradle of life comic)?

You do know that the cradle of life in a fan made comic, right?

Con
October 23rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
really? but it was on the official h3 site.

TeeKup
October 24th, 2007, 03:02 PM
We are not the decendants of the forerunners as I previously had hoped. Before the forerunner were the precursors, when they created the flood to boost their evolution, the flood got out of control. Thats when they chose the forerunners to guard and use their technology (the Mantle fits in here somewhere). The same thing happened to the forerunners, when the flood got out of their control, they chose humanity to be the next in line to guard everything. This is why all forerunner technology works for us and no one else, this is why we are the Reclaimers.

Huero
October 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Teek, 343 says we are Forerunner.
And it's because the forerunner refused to pass their technology on to the next generation.

TeeKup
October 24th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Teek, 343 says we are Forerunner.
And it's because the forerunner refused to pass their technology on to the next generation.

That is quite wrong. If you read the terminals, you find out the forerunners find another species on our planet, that species being us. What 343 said ties in with the fact he's technically insane due to the large amount of data he has collected over the millenia. This also explains why he went rampant on Johnson and the Chief in the end. This was made to confuse the player of what really is going on.

Go back and read the terminal logs between Didect and The Librarian and you should see.

They didn't pass on their technology because they were extremely desperate. They understood they had to pass on the ability to guard the secrets to the next race but probably thought they didn't need to pass on the tech; thought they were powerful enough to contain the flood. However in the end they had to act quickly and activate the rings right away because the forerunner blockade had been broken. They didn't have time to archive it for us.

EDIT: I have yet to do this myself, however I've heard from a number of sources that if you access the final terminal on legendary, Mendicant Bias will directly contact you. I'm trying this today.

ExAm
October 24th, 2007, 06:17 PM
That is quite wrong. If you read the terminals, you find out the forerunners find another species on our planet, that species being us. What 343 said ties in with the fact he's technically insane due to the large amount of data he has collected over the millenia. This also explains why he went rampant on Johnson and the Chief in the end. This was made to confuse the player of what really is going on.

Go back and read the terminal logs between Didect and The Librarian and you should see.

They didn't pass on their technology because they were extremely desperate. They understood they had to pass on the ability to guard the secrets to the next race but probably thought they didn't need to pass on the tech; thought they were powerful enough to contain the flood. However in the end they had to act quickly and activate the rings right away because the forerunner blockade had been broken. They didn't have time to archive it for us.

EDIT: I have yet to do this myself, however I've heard from a number of sources that if you access the final terminal on legendary, Mendicant Bias will directly contact you. I'm trying this today.If you classify the Forerunner as a single race, then no, we are not Forerunner. However, if you classify the Forerunner as a group of races (The word forerunner is akin to the word precursor, which means one who comes before, and that's not typically used as a name for a single race), then yes, after a time, we would have been adopted by the forerunner, essentially becoming part of the "forerunner" group, and adding another race into it. Thus, we are descendants of the group chosen to inherit all that they left behind. Thus, 343's statement, "You ARE forerunner!". Because, essentially, we are, if not part of the group that sacrificed themselves to eliminate the Flood threat.

TeeKup
October 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hmn, I never thought of it that way.

Also it's confirmed. Mendicant Bias sent me a message, he talked about his atonement, how he would help the chief in some way. So far I can't really analyze anything in the game in which he could have and did have an effect on.

Con
October 24th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Well teekie, maybe that's where the possible movie picks up. The fight's been finished, now maybe we'll get to learn more about the forerunners and their story.

Skiiran
October 24th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Hmn, I never thought of it that way.

Also it's confirmed. Mendicant Bias sent me a message, he talked about his atonement, how he would help the chief in some way. So far I can't really analyze anything in the game in which he could have and did have an effect on.
That's the Legendary one? I thought it was one of the other ones, and the one where the AI interrupts your finishing-of-the-fragment was the Legendary one.