PDA

View Full Version : H2v & Xbl

Noobone
January 9th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I heard lots of 'rumors' about H2V players will be able to play XBL halo 2 players online... But Bungie said that it'll not be possible.

WTF? So... what is the real thing...

Max
January 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I think you're just able to see your friends that are online in Halo 2 for XBL.

Which is kinda worthless. >__>

someone
January 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM
You'll just be able to communicate with your friends on XBL. And I think this rumor is false.

Noobone
January 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM
o_0

nooBBooze
January 9th, 2007, 01:49 PM
yup thats right.
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=halo2vistafaqupdate

AiRgUItaR901
January 9th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Yes, you will be able to communicate, but not play with eachother. Maybe you might be able to play other microsoft games though for both PC and Xbox together, that would be cool!

soloblast
January 9th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yes, you will be able to communicate, but not play with eachother. Maybe you might be able to play other microsoft games though for both PC and Xbox together, that would be cool!

Yeah, you'll be able to, I think the first cross-platform game is Shadowrun for PC/ Xbox 360. And hopefully Command and Conquer 3 will be a cross-platform game as well. (It'll be available for both the 360 and the PC)

Mr Buckshot
January 9th, 2007, 08:27 PM
No, Bungie already said no. Besides, H2V will have some changes to its scripting that will make it incompatible with the xbox version online. Besides, you don't want to have those n00bs swearing on xbl and using their autoaim.

imo, cross-platform online is not very good for shooters, because the console users will get autoaim and therefore have an advantage against fast-moving targets. PC users have their keyboard and mouse, which is more precise than dual sticks but the autoaim does make a difference.

someone
January 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Here's the official proof:

"Halo® 2" for Windows Vista (Microsoft Game Studios/Bungie Studios) will also support Live, including enabling Windows gamers to communicate with Xbox Live gamers and earn Achievements in the famed "Halo 2" campaign - a first for any "Halo" title on any platform.
Heh - will this convince Achievement-happy gamers who might otherwise have passed on this release to upgrade to Vista after all?

Source: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070108/nym071.html?.v=66

Stealth
January 10th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Um, ya, this is the thing, you can't play cross platform with Halo 2, what I've learned is that Halo 2 on the Xbox is too old for it, and when you throw a ton of PC Halo gamers in with Hard core XBox Halo 2 Gamers that have been playing for about 2 years, it isn't a good thing, if Bungie was going to do something like that, they'd have to make a Halo 3 Game for the PC before the releasing of Halo 3, and then they may have it good to go.

Noobone
January 10th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I think yahoo is lying :P or they mean, only communicating but no playing. So i guess vista players will not be able to play with xbl players. If bungie says so...

Syuusuke
January 10th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Yahoo didn't say anything about cross-platform playing so, they just didn't mention it. =)

Bungie never lies...=A

IPBJT!
January 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Only communicate, no playing in both single and multiplayer with someone on Xbox Live and Live Anywhere. http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=775953

Noobone
January 11th, 2007, 12:27 PM
No, Bungie already said no. Besides, H2V will have some changes to its scripting that will make it incompatible with the xbox version online. Besides, you don't want to have those n00bs swearing on xbl and using their autoaim.

imo, cross-platform online is not very good for shooters, because the console users will get autoaim and therefore have an advantage against fast-moving targets. PC users have their keyboard and mouse, which is more precise than dual sticks but the autoaim does make a difference.

Halo 2 aimbot?? Does that also excists??

OMG, i hope bungie will care more about H2V and not leave it like haloce

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 11th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Actually, I have seen aimbot mods on halo 2. So yes, it does exist.

arbiter_346
January 11th, 2007, 02:03 PM
You'll just be able to communicate with your friends on XBL. And I think this rumor is false.

it's not a rumor, it was in a magazine, info directly from microsoft.

Chewy Gumball
January 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
um no?

Stealth
January 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM
No, Arditer is right on that, I would have to hunt down the Update that says it, but I've read it from Bungie, and it is the thruth.

Chewy Gumball
January 11th, 2007, 07:50 PM
My bad, I don't know what I though the rumor was, but it wasn't what he was talking about.

Mr Buckshot
January 11th, 2007, 11:42 PM
H2xbox has no aimbot, but the autoaim (which gives all weapons some limited homing) is so noob-friendly you don't need an aimbot. I plugged in a keyboard and mouse into an xbox once and H2xbox multiplayer became so easy.

JDMFSeanP
January 12th, 2007, 01:35 AM
It also had magnetic bullets.

arbiter_346
January 12th, 2007, 09:42 AM
My bad, I don't know what I though the rumor was, but it wasn't what he was talking about.

ok, i thought u were talking about something else, nvm