PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Pyong Gulch!

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
yup, my map :p

http://files.filefront.com/pyonggulchrar/;8633854;
get at it man!
its a bloodgulch varient. its in low quality testing stage, im probably gonna get more added to it, if anyone thinks there is a better bsp i could use tell me :p

BobtheGreatII
September 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Screen shots maybe?

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 25th, 2007, 06:21 PM
hmm, well considering that my pc is gay nowadays. i cant really, though fyi, there is a few new tags in there and changed stuff, plz try it

Con
September 25th, 2007, 06:31 PM
if anyone thinks there is a better bsp i could use tell me :p
Your own.

Also, provide more info on the map than "there is a few more tags and changed stuff." WHY would anyone want to download this map if all you've got to say is that. Honestly, it just shows that since you couldn't even give a half ass effort to post it here, the map is probably just as half assed as well.

The only reason I downloaded it was to put up a screenshot since you neglected to do so, and feel lucky because I'm just in a helpful mood right now.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1951/untitled1rd7.jpg

Map includes:
changed HUD/scores font
overused and old FP arms
H2 HUD, overlaps old hud
overused and old h2 biped
scenery jumps in front of the base
scenery structures on base, textured like a tree/mossy dirt
yellow warthog, turret unskinned, too shiney
Don't like my assessment? Too bad, do your own next time :)

Syuusuke
September 25th, 2007, 08:04 PM
If you're in a helpful mood then get your ass on AIM or MSN. =D
---
Well at least there's a ramp to drive yourself off of.

343guiltymc
September 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Your own.

Also, provide more info on the map than "there is a few more tags and changed stuff." WHY would anyone want to download this map if all you've got to say is that. Honestly, it just shows that since you couldn't even give a half ass effort to post it here, the map is probably just as half assed as well.

The only reason I downloaded it was to put up a screenshot since you neglected to do so, and feel lucky because I'm just in a helpful mood right now.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1951/untitled1rd7.jpg

Map includes:
changed HUD/scores font
overused and old FP arms
H2 HUD, overlaps old hud
overused and old h2 biped
scenery jumps in front of the base
scenery structures on base, textured like a tree/mossy dirt
yellow warthog, turret unskinned, too shineyDon't like my assessment? Too bad, do your own next time :)
Looks like any other gulch mods, any "good" features? :confused:

Con
September 25th, 2007, 10:09 PM
In my opinion, no.

p0lar_bear
September 26th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Chaosgulch is by far the only "good" BG mod made to date.

Conscars was right. This mod is half... no, quarter-assed. You're supposed to keep these simple repopulation-and-reskin mods to yourself instead of plaguing the community with them. If you are to, then at least make sure everything is CONSISTENTLY FINALIZED, and not just slapped together to be passed off as a "learning project."

nooBBooze
September 26th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Its pretty decent if you overlook the stuff he added. wait...that sounded meaner than i intended it to be.
um yeah, keep working on your skills and think twice to post your first maps.

Also hows "sandbox" going, polar?

Cortexian
September 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
No.

I vote we start a new rule. Anyone who posts mods gets banned and redirected to Halo Mods.

demonmaster3k
September 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM
i can understan using HEK + to learn how to make certain tags (ie: regoinized vehicles, certain weapons, and destructible scenery) but this is fucking stupid. Really, halomaps is already plagued with 10 million box levels/mods, does it need another one!

yea i know a good one takes a while, but you "learning projects" should really be KEPT TO YOURSELF!!!!

if you don't have 3ds max, then get gmax http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax.
if you can't get photoshop then get gim: http://www.gimp.org.
then spend some time @ http://ghost.halomaps.org to learn about how to make a map.
make a few works and then come back here when you get good (AKA when you stop making mods/piece of shit box levels)

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 26th, 2007, 04:56 PM
phooey... well if i could model i would make a map of my own...

Con
September 26th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Now's a great time to start learning. You have a basic knowledge of using the HEK. Now, practice your modeling. You don't need to (and probably shouldn't) release any of your practice maps unless they're worthy enough (see my thread here (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1480)). Post a WIP thread in the editing section so we can give advice as you go, but until then, practice your modeling. There's lots of tutorials out there on the net.

DrunkenSamus
September 26th, 2007, 07:12 PM
gulch mods can have good features?

The only good blood gulch mods I can think up of were Jahrain's energy sword test maps and Floodgulch.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Now's a great time to start learning. You have a basic knowledge of using the HEK. Now, practice your modeling. You don't need to (and probably shouldn't) release any of your practice maps unless they're worthy enough (see my thread here (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1480)). Post a WIP thread in the editing section so we can give advice as you go, but until then, practice your modeling. There's lots of tutorials out there on the net.

ty for the advice, would you happen to have any suggestions on where to get tutorials and what program i should use (any prog will work, i can get anything)

Tweek
September 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
gulch mods can have good features?

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN TWEEKGULCH?!!

most epic BGmod ever.
it has like ALL the custom crap i ever made, and never released.

:iia::iia::iia:
anyone who's played Tweekgulch will agree with me :D

Con
September 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
ty for the advice, would you happen to have any suggestions on where to get tutorials and what program i should use (any prog will work, i can get anything)
You can find tutorials:

In the resources section of this site (at the top of the page, next to community and wiki)
With the HEK comes a great tutorial for making a map
halomaps.org has some IIRCAs far what program to use, I assume modeling, use what's easiest for you. On this site, people mainly model with 3dsMax, and the next largest group being Maya (used by yours truly). Of course I'm a bit biased, but I like modeling with Maya more because it's (in my opinion) far easier to use. If you decide to go with Maya, you can find simple tutorials for that all over the web. You'll have to export as .obj, then do your smoothing groups, UV's, and materials in Max. I only use Maya for modeling.

Reaper Man
September 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN TWEEKGULCH?!!

most epic BGmod ever.
it has like ALL the custom crap i ever made, and never released.

:iia::iia::iia:
anyone who's played Tweekgulch will agree with me :D
That was the most lulz I had in a BG mod. Excetion on exit plane thingy, anyone? I remember getting bored and deliberately crashing the server with that thing. :downs:

Tweek
September 28th, 2007, 02:40 PM
yeah, dunno why i never bothered making that into a proper vehicle, the thing worked awesomely even as a banshee :P

Archon23
September 28th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Requesting link to Tweekgulch :saddowns: I CANTZ FIND IT.

SnaFuBAR
September 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM
twas private yo, also it was kickin rad

Archon23
September 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM
:saddowns:

Why must I always be left out of awesome things?

Tweek
September 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
because awesome needs awesome, and not non-awesome :haw:

might release tweekgulch sometime with most of the stuff removed, because it liked to exeption :D

edit: i like how this thread ended up being about ME!

Reaper Man
September 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
yeah, dunno why i never bothered making that into a proper vehicle, the thing worked awesomely even as a banshee :P
Did you ever fix that weird texture/shader problem that made it look like it was textured twice? XD

Tweek
September 29th, 2007, 03:20 AM
oh yeah, that's why.

also, to all awesome-people (you know who you are)

anyone happen to have a copy of Tweekgulch lying about still?
i don't, and I NEED OMG!

Sel
September 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM
yay, another BG mod, aint that great?

Tweek
September 29th, 2007, 05:29 PM
selentic, you ROCK at reading threads.

Neuro Guro
September 30th, 2007, 01:49 AM
selentic, you ROCK at reading threads.

Gosh, you didn't just own him right now.

(leul, moar leik tongue'd, leuuuulll ewwwwwww kink-kay!111) :o