PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Legendary

paladin
September 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
So, I got the game at midnight, was home by 12:15 and beat the game in about 6 1/2 - 7 hours with my brother. With a few breaks between missions, I was quite surprised how easy it was. Sure there were some spots that required multiple tries, but overall it was quit a breeze.

Any thought? Have you beaten it? What difficulty?

Edit: I know I spelled legendary wrong.

Sever
September 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I wish I could vote. I still have to hit up some of my old high school friends for a game. Just thinking about it makes me jittery.

IPBJT!
September 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Started at normal, currently doinf it again on heroic, then legendary.

Con
September 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM
When I get the game, it'll be on xbox, and I've really never played an FPS on a console before. It depends on what my friend wants to do, since I'll be inviting him over for some coop. He'll probably want easy. I personally would do good ol' normal like I do on PC. I can't do legendary...

SnaFuBAR
September 26th, 2007, 11:53 PM
beat it on heroic already, going for legendary sometime this week. mb tomorrow lol.

JDMFSeanP
September 26th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Beat it first time on legendary, I'm gonna go get sculls now on normal.

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Started on Heroic... large space between checks annoyed the piss out of me. Dropped to Normal in level 3 until the 2nd last mission... then that annoyed the piss out of me so I dropped to easy. Tried normal again in the last mission but dropped back down to easy.

Honestly -- only 1 checkpoint for the entire tower in the last mission. Wtf Bungie... fight your way to the top... get killed by 1 dumb flood -- all the way back down to the first floor?

Some of the level designers needed to re-think "Hmm, maybe not everyone wants to play coop... maybe someone will get pissed if he gets sniped and has to redo the last 7 minutes... like a dozen times... because the 5-6 snipers spawned just cannot be avoided"

X3RO SHIF7
September 27th, 2007, 12:37 AM
well ive done the campaign on heroic and the last level on legendary lol

t3h m00kz
September 27th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Heroic, was pretty easy honestly. May do legendary sometime soon; I played a bit on co-op and it wasn't nearly as much ass as H2's legendary.

dazman23
September 27th, 2007, 04:50 AM
I played it on Normal yesterday, today I’m going to play Legendary on co-op with my brother but if he starts to cry because he keeps on dying I will go on Heroic.

I found Normal easy but I did die a lot when I was in a vehicle, those brute coppers kept on crashing into me or it may been the other way around.

Kornman00
September 27th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Some of the level designers needed to re-think "Hmm, maybe not everyone wants to play coop... maybe someone will get pissed if he gets sniped and has to redo the last 7 minutes... like a dozen times... because the 5-6 snipers spawned just cannot be avoided"
*quickly deletes spoiler text before he replys*

have you ever considered...maybe its just you? :lol:

Digikid
September 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Just normal for now....will tackle heroic later on.

Jay2645
September 27th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I finished Normal yesterday, next I'm going for Legendary.
I spit on Heroic. *Putooie*

Chromide
September 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
beat it on normal and am currently playing through with a friend on legendary.....we have the first 2 levels done.

X3RO SHIF7
September 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Heroic, was pretty easy honestly. May do legendary sometime soon; I played a bit on co-op and it wasn't nearly as much ass as H2's legendary.
because it does not reset you when one player dies

Pooky
September 27th, 2007, 04:00 PM
maybe someone will get pissed if he gets sniped and has to redo the last 7 minutes... like a dozen times... because the 5-6 snipers spawned just cannot be avoided

You would have think especially that they would learn that after Halo 2's jackal snipers could shoot a tiny bit of your foots collision model sticking out from behind a crate and one hit kill you <_<

paladin
September 27th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Legendary is easy in Co-op and EXTREME easy on um... quad-op?

Flyboy
September 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Halo 2's legendary was difficult because you have nearly no shields (took me a month to beat it). Halo 3's was is hard because your facing wave after wave after wave after wave of covenant. A grunt doesn't sound like much, but when your being charged by ten, you better fucking run.

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Halo 2's legendary was difficult because you have nearly no shields (took me a month to beat it). Halo 3's was is hard because your facing wave after wave after wave after wave of covenant. A grunt doesn't sound like much, but when your being charged by ten, you better fucking run.
Yeah, especially when all 10 of those grunts go lolterrorist on you with 2 plasma nades. Even if you can run from them fast enough, the chain reaction formed by 20 Plasma Nades detonating at once will kill you; I know, it happened to me. I found some cover, heard a HUGE "BOOM!", and next thing I know, I'm dead.

I looked at the saved film of that, and I saw what happened:
One grunt died by his plasma nades, which detonated every other grunt's plasma nades, and that blew my cover (A really big box) away, and my own cover splattered me when it flew.
The explosion killed every marine, blew up both Hogs, destroyed 3 Choppers and 1 Mauler, decimated the Covenant forces (Mainly Brutes, but there was some Jackals, and some other Grunts as well), and blew up a Phantom, which was dropping a Wraith (which also blew up).

Yeah, I was screwed.

But it shows you how powerful H3's engine is, how it can handle 30-40 explosions at once with NO (Noticeable) framerate loss.

I should take a screenie of that.

Botolf
September 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Please do, Jay, it sounds hilarious :lol:

Sever
September 28th, 2007, 06:36 AM
mauler
:eng101: Prowler.

MNC
September 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM
That's what saved films are for xD Take a screen/record the replay.

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 10:48 AM
:eng101: Prowler.
Mauler, Prowler, Chopper, I always get those mixed up.
Me: "Get in that Mauler!"
Them: "What?"

And I still haven't gotten around to taking that screenie, that was my last post before going to bed, and now I'm at school.
I will ASAP, though.

Pooky
September 28th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well the names for brute technology are pretty stupid... with the exception of "Brute Shot" they all end in -er.

Spik-er
Maul-er
Prowl-er
Chopp-er
Gravity Hamm-er

That's all the brute technology I know of anyway.

TeeKup
September 28th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Normal was fucking annoying. I don't know if its because the smart AI or just because I like to rush in guns blazing. Beat it though, doing legendary today.

Warsaw
September 29th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Use your head when playing. Snipe all of the major threats, and mop up the rest at close range. A few grenades into the mix wouldn't hurt either.

Speaking of grenades, I found the lack of them disturbing.

Ki11a_FTW
September 29th, 2007, 04:13 PM
i beat it on normal on co-op, then i went back and played heroic by myself, its funny, i couldent get passed this one part on normal without co-op. :iiam:

Patrickssj6
September 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
i beat it on normal on co-op, then i went back and played heroic by myself, its funny, i couldent get passed this one part on normal without co-op. :iiam:
No, it is not a mystery; you just plain downright suck.

:p

cock

zade43
September 29th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Legendary is pretty easier than the other legendaries in Halo 1 and 2, it felt like it was on normal to me.

Oh and i saw the E*& M&#$* xD

The Secret Legendary movie

Huero
September 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Beat it on normal.
Easy, yeah, but god I died a lot.

Terin
September 29th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, easy. On 2 player co-op. And skipping The Ark-Cortana. But yeah, I had limited time and I guess my friend fails at Halo. Next time I play it, it will be on Heroic, though.