PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Rate it

Lateksi
September 27th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Do you have Halo 3? Have you played it already? Do you like singleplayer? Is multiplayer mayhem awesome? Or is it so "I didn't know a game could suck this bad"? If you have some experience of the gameplay... Tell your thoughts here! Rate the game by the experience you have for now. It's simple, you don't have to tell anything about the game, just give a number between 1-100! If it is too hard cake (or pie) for your brains, give a rating between 1-10! Or if you like twinkling little stars, it will do between 1-5 stars! Also: include spoiler tags when talking about storylne, please.

Made this topic mainly because I want to know should I buy an Xbox360 after I've bought my own pc. My hardcore pc gamer friends will may get X360s, so yeah.. I hope you got my point.

Tweek
September 27th, 2007, 07:46 AM
i give it a 100 for gameplay, and a 50 for freedom.

the game is STUFFFFFFFFEEEEDDDD TOOO FUUUCCKKKKK with invisible walls, death-barriers, and now too anti-jump-barriers.

StankBacon
September 27th, 2007, 08:21 AM
9.9 out of 10.

Jay2645
September 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I would have given it a 10, if I didn't see a Phantom smash into a wall, back up, smash into it again, then backed up, went up a little, then finally barely made it over the wall (The bottom still scraped it, and it lost it's turret).

Lateksi
September 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM

I would have given it a 10, if I didn't see a Phantom smash into a wall, back up, smash into it again, then backed up, went up a little, then finally barely made it over the wall (The bottom still scraped it, and it lost it's turret).

Haha, it was so damaging? Did it affect the gameplay? That's a bad technical mistake in a nice candygame though.

Amit
September 27th, 2007, 03:23 PM

I heard from my friend that that happens a bit in the game. Scorpions and warthogs kept smashing into walls.

PlasbianX
September 27th, 2007, 03:42 PM
6/10

Multiplayer maps are lacking, campaign is too short.

Tweek
September 27th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I heard from my friend that that happens a bit in the game. Scorpions and warthogs kept smashing into walls.

yeah, i had a similar thing while i was on the back of an AI-driven mongoose.

he kept going up some hillnext to a rock halfway, and then backing down it again. like 5 times, then i blew his head off.
and drove up myself. turned out, you could just drive up there without problem, there was no obvious reason for him to keep going back.

oh well he's dead now :D

Lateksi
September 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Multiplayer maps are lacking
MS and Bungie will get good moneys when they release a map pack. :highfive: Wohoo, dollars! Lulz!

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Haha, it was so damaging? Did it affect the gameplay? That's a bad technical mistake in a nice candygame though.
No, the Phantom was leaving the area at the time, it dropped off a Brute Pack. I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been looking for some cover at that moment.

Con
September 28th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Hehe, that's funny

X3RO SHIF7
September 28th, 2007, 12:54 AM

n00b1n8R
September 28th, 2007, 01:07 AM
What sets it apart from H2 in terms of gameplay (not interested in graphics).

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Equipment (Bubble Shield, Portable Gravity Lift, Radar Jammer, Energy Drainer), Permutations (Don't really have any effect on gameplay, but they are cool nonetheless), more weapons (Spiker, Mauler, Spartan Laser), updated weapons (Needler, Pistol), Support Weapons (Chaingun, Flamer, Missile Pod), a new campaign (Sierra 117-Halo), new maps (High Ground, Sandtrap, Isolation), Remixed Maps (Last Resort, Valhalla, Guardian), Forge (H3's Sapien), Saved Films (Like a mini movie studio), new Grenades (Spike Grenade, Incinerating Grenade), improved Energy Sword combat (Less of a OMFG noob weapon now), and, of course, YOU GET TO FINALLY KILL 343 GUILTY SPARK!

JDMFSeanP
September 28th, 2007, 01:29 AM
The only part I felt lacking ingame was the weapon selection throughout levels. You never ran into a spot where it was hard to decide to pick up rockets or sniper or anything like that, hell you only got ot use rockets and snipes like once each, that was lame to me.

Rest rocked hard.

FRain
September 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I give a 9.8. Campaign was awesome but too short. We beat it on normal in about 3 hours. Gameplay and graphics are FTW however.

My main gag is that you go through all that trouble to rescue Cortana, and then blow up Halo(activate it). It's like a reincarnation of Halo 1's ending. All that trouble just to blow it up.

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM
The only part I felt lacking ingame was the weapon selection throughout levels. You never ran into a spot where it was hard to decide to pick up rockets or sniper or anything like that, hell you only got ot use rockets and snipes like once each, that was lame to me.

Rest rocked hard.
Halo 2 got slammed (At least partly) because you always had a Rocket, Sniper, or vehicle, which meant you could blow through the levels easily enough (But not on Legendary, lol).

Halo 3 had it about right, I would have liked more times with a sniper, though.

t3h m00kz
September 28th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Campain was a bit short, and you didn't really get to see any of the brutes do any of the animations they showed in the Brute documentary (Lol Elite chopping off legs and shit).

I LOVE the Multiplayer. They fixed just about everything that was wrong with it (save for the BXBXBXBX glitch... which wasn't useful to begin with), there's so much customization with the armor permutations, there's weapon balance, omg yes LESS AUTO AIM, but not as massive of a skill gap as in Halo PC (Which is good in my opinion. More people will enjoy the game). And as for the range of the weapons, thank GOD, they're not too long range like in H1, and not too short-range like in H2. It's all balanced to mostly be medium range. The only real problem I've run into so far is the lack of weapons in, say, Epitaph. Half the time you spawn, you really gotta look for a weapon, and there aren't two duals in one place like in High Ground or anything. Nothing too annoying, but eh... kinda seems like whoever's got the power weapons wins, like in Halo 2 sometimes.

The movies are awesome, the ability to make clips is awesome, the high res screenshots will be awesome once they get uploaded to B.net, and your mom has a nice ass.

J/k.

I LIKE IT.

jngrow
September 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Haha, I laugh at the people who went through it in less than 10 hours, they don't know how to play a game when they first get it. The proper way for your first play through of Halo 3 is SINGLE PLAYER HEROIC. You are supposed to run around, EXPLORE, look at pretty stuff, etc.

Not to mention the massive replay value:

I remember there were three ways I did this one part on the Ark (sandy type level, lots of forerunner stuff), and they were all vastly different. Like literally different parts of the map that you did/did not have to play, in different orders, with dialog in all of them.

But even then, I agree, it was a little too short.

Campaign: 9.8/10

Ok, multiplayer wise: more crazy shit happens, more balanced (AR starts ftw, easily take out any power weapon with some thinking/skill save for rockets), equipment, forge, saved films omfg AMAZING I CAN HAS WIN PLOX.

Multiplayer: 9.9999/10

Pooky
September 28th, 2007, 04:11 PM
i give it a 100 for gameplay, and a 50 for freedom.

the game is STUFFFFFFFFEEEEDDDD TOOO FUUUCCKKKKK with invisible walls, death-barriers, and now too anti-jump-barriers.
:fail:

man... my favorite thing about the Halo games (especially Halo 2) has been how there are hardly ever any cheap barriers preventing you from exploring, that really kills it for me

Flyboy
September 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I haven't encountered any yet.

Jay2645
September 28th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Nor have I.

I have fallen off of the edge a number of times, however.

One thing I like about the campaign is if you take too long to reach a certain area, you get a Nav Marker pointing you the right way, along with a checkpoint when you reach that area.

Mass
September 29th, 2007, 12:12 AM
hmmm

I loved it honestly, it was more or less perfect for me, way more H1 than H2 and it was just great.

Also, the new AR is win.

n00b1n8R
September 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM
do the plasma guns have their stun back?

Con
September 29th, 2007, 01:17 AM
do the plasma guns have their stun back?
^ do tell

X3RO SHIF7
September 29th, 2007, 01:39 AM
i dont think so, i tried to circle a wraith in SP while shooting it with the ghost and it didint appear to work

Jay2645
September 29th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I don't think so, I think the Plasma Pistol does, not sure about the others.

Off Topic:
I found this RvB reference on Bungie.net:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/untitled.jpg

Mass
September 29th, 2007, 01:51 AM
I don't think so, I think the Plasma Pistol does, not sure about the others.

Off Topic:
I found this RvB reference on Bungie.net:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/untitled.jpg
There were others but I struggle to remember them...hmmm, I think it was in shit marines said.

Skiiran
September 29th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I would rate it about 9.3/10. The multiplayer, however, is what will keep me playing for years. I just got back from about six hours of multiplayer with my two buds, made a few friends, found a few gametypes I hated (Shotty Snipers sucks), and, best of all, fucked around in Forge for HOURS.

Warsaw
September 29th, 2007, 03:19 PM
9.2 out of 10. There were some significant glitches (especially with the physics) and the cutscenes were a little under-detailed. However, the game was fun and that is what really counts. It more than redeemed Halo 2's mess-up. I also love the return to Halo 1 styling and architecture.

Huero
September 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
There were others but I struggle to remember them...hmmm, I think it was in shit marines said.
Yeah, a marine is locked outside a door and the other marine won't let him in;
I think they're Church and Donut

Pooky
September 30th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Halo 2 got slammed (At least partly) because you always had a Rocket, Sniper, or vehicle, which meant you could blow through the levels easily enough (But not on Legendary, lol).

Halo 3 had it about right, I would have liked more times with a sniper, though.

you don't HAVE to always take the rocket because one's there

I usually have more fun challenging myself by taking the weaker weapons

Jay2645
September 30th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I heard marines talking that sounded suspiciously like RvB characters.
Let me in!
What's the password?
What password? Let me in!
How do I know you're not a Brute?
If I was a Brute, why would I sound like a human?
Maybe they captured you and are forcing me to open the door!
Why would they do that?
Because they need the password!
Why would they capture me IF I DON'T KNOW THE PASSWORD!
I don't know, because they're Brutes!
(I forgot the rest)

Warsaw
October 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM
you don't HAVE to always take the rocket because one's there

I usually have more fun challenging myself by taking the weaker weapons

I roll with triple plasma pistols or triple Magnums. Yes, it is doable, in both Halo 2 and 3. SMGs are fun too.

MNC
October 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
I just played the 2 first missions at a friends house, that was fucking awesome.
It feels way more complete than Halo 2, crisper images, nice lighting.
Haven't had the chance to try on multiplayer, but if I did, boy, I'd never leave his house O_o

Wish I had a 360. Donate plx.