PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get "Unable to Join Server"

AiRgUItaR901
January 9th, 2007, 05:33 PM
A lot in Halo Custom Edition when I try to join a server with like 5 people in it, it says Unable to Join Server! Does anyone know why, and how I could fix this? Thanks!

Edward Elrich
January 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
The most likely reason is that the map being played does not exist in your maps folder. In order to play on any map in CE, you have to have a copy of the map in there, since the only thing the network is used for is score and current positions of players, weapons, etc.

AiRgUItaR901
January 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
The most likely reason is that the map being played does not exist in your maps folder. In order to play on any map in CE, you have to have a copy of the map in there, since the only thing the network is used for is score and current positions of players, weapons, etc.

I'm pretty sure I have the map, but I will try downloading it again. Thanks for your help!

Trezeguet
January 9th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Well, it's most likely a diffrent version.
Most likely it's an H2 map or beta.

Pooky
January 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM
If you don't have the right map it should say error loading map file. If you have the wrong version it will give you unable to join. What map are you trying to use?

Chief117
January 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
If it was an h2 map, maybe it was an updated map or something..

Pooky
January 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Another reason you can get that is your ping is too high in that server, or the server has a badly configured firewall. If there's no ping listed next to the name of the server you're trying to join, you're better off trying another server

Metkil5685
January 16th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I have found that slower computers do that when it takes to long to load a map. It happens to me all the time with coldsnap. Yes, my computer sucks that bad.

Patrickssj6
January 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Cause the crack from Limewire doesn't work?!:p

An Emu
January 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
shhhhh. You always talk about cracks patrick, and i keep telling you no cracking is allowed! I know you cracked your sig too, but i wont tell anyone. oh and i know you cracked your copy of visual basic. and your copy of photoshop, and your portal gun is a crack, and your copy of windows is cracked, and your copy of bloodgulch is a leak, and you never paid for that ticket to the movies last week...

Patrickssj6
January 16th, 2007, 06:21 PM
your girlfriend is cracked...she is not even genuine