PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Forge trick suggestion

Kornman00
September 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM
OK, so I haven't got the game yet (won't arrive in the mail until next week at the latest...I'm hoping since its a 4 day weekend :|), but I was doing some thinking while reading HBO for things that didn't relate to the story.

Has anyone tried using Forge to get out of the map? Like, on Valhalla, in the beta we all know you had to fly it out of the map by giving it enough force when you jumped out to make it keep going past the player clipping.

Well what if you had a Forger drag the banshee out just a little past the barrier and then have a player stand right at the barrier, then use this setup to try and get the player out of the map and into space again? As I assume they fixed that ugly ass bullshit get-out-of-jail-free trick from the beta. Was cool in customs, but mother fuckers started doing it in VIP and shit and resulted in many many cursings of many many mothers and grandmas.

Unless of course Forge tracks that player clipping on ALL objects being Forged.

Jay2645
September 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I tried, Bungie did a good job on making sure the level is sealed tight, there is NO WAY to get into space.
Forge must track player clipping on everything being Forged, since you can't make them go any higher then you can, and picking up a vehicle with someone in it makes them get out.
Unless, of course, you delete the thing as they are getting out, that's kinda fun, actually. It kills them.
But it's more fun dropping a tank on your best friend's unsuspecting head.
Then waiting for them to respawn, and throw it at them.
Of course, by then they will have probably turned into a Monitor themselves and started to throw fusion coils at you.

Kornman00
September 27th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Ah, pity. Thanks for the reply