PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Lowering Your Weapon

Flyboy
September 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
This says it all (http://flamesoffeenix.wordpress.com/2007/09/27/halo-3-machinima-woes/)

Needless to say that if this is true, I AM PISSED. I have spent nearly a year preparing a series for Halo 3, from writing to the first stages of sounding and production, I had everything ready. And now I hear that despite the amazing features like saved films and forge, I apparently can't lower my weapon in a multiplayer match. Bungie had a near perfect game, until this went and screwed it up. I can deal with a clumsy and idiotic button code, but not being able to do it online, no excuse bungie, no excuse. You totally just ruined nine months of work for me.

Thoughts?

EDIT - Yes I am aware my title says "weapo"

Con
September 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Lazy excerpt:

To lower a character’s weapon in Halo 3 all you have to do is this:
Hold down left bumper, right bumper, left analogue stick, down on the d-pad and the A button… AT THE SAME TIME… for three seconds!

what the shit...

Amit
September 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Lazy excerpt:

what the shit...

seriously? it takes that much effort? but having the time delay, does that mean this toggles lowering your weapon? what use is that if you need to quickly lower you weapon, fire, and then lower it again? it becomes a pain in the ass.

Flyboy
September 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
seriously? it takes that much effort? but having the time delay, does that mean this toggles lowering your weapon? what use is that if you need to quickly lower you weapon, fire, and then lower it again? it becomes a pain in the ass.
You can fix that with a few editing tricks but it looks fugly and yes, it is a pain in the ass.

DaneO'Roo
September 27th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Um, why the fuck is lowering your weapon important.

and btw, WHAT THE FUCK is lowering your weapon anyway?? Did that come in at halo 2 or something :?

meepster
September 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
just like it sounds. Putting yor weapon facing down, so it looks better whern talking,. instead of aiming a gun at someones head.

DaneO'Roo
September 27th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Oh wow have a cry everybody. Can't you just do it halo 1 style?

Agamemnon
September 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Lazy excerpt:

what the shit...
It doesn't work over Xbox Live.

Flyboy
September 27th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Come to think of it, NO! Dear god man shut up, this isn't important to you but to me, without this feature, Halo 3 is near useless to me in terms of Machinima.

FRain
September 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
No, because in h3 and h2 for that matter, your head looks down.

Botolf
September 27th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I seriously read this thread five minutes ago on Bungie.net :p

Anywho, according to somebody in your thread there, it'll work on custom games, so try that I suppose?

Flyboy
September 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Thats because No Refunds = Me on B.net

Con
September 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Mb there'll be some macro programs for the xbox to fix this, or bungie might do something about it.

Flyboy
September 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Or the guy who said it was a moron and is wrong, which a dude on B.net just demonstrated for me. False alarm people, it works online (thought the code still sucks).

I'll be a little more thero in my research next time.