PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3.......speed run?

WarBandit
September 29th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Im just curious, has anybody who has Halo 3 attemped to do a speed run yet?

It would probably be alot easier to do a speed run in halo 3 than it was halo 1 and 2. I heard that the covanant is alot easier to kill in halo 3, (can any on conferm this or what?):rolleyes:

Warsaw
September 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Brutes can get a bit nasty when you try and run through a pack of them when they occupy the only doorway that leads to where you need to be.

WarBandit
September 29th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Brutes can get a bit nasty when you try and run through a pack of them when they occupy the only doorway that leads to where you need to be.

Yeah, that makes sense but dosen't the brutes lack of an energy sheild make them easy prey when using grenades?

In halo 1 and 2 the elites were really annoying because their shield would just regenerate and they were pretty much back at full health. I still think its going to be easier to do a speed run in halo 3 than halo 1 and 2.

Digikid
September 29th, 2007, 07:15 PM
You can be sure that when someone DOES do it you can find it over at HBO. ;)

Mr Buckshot
September 29th, 2007, 07:22 PM
It also depends on how many glitches there are to exploit (sword flying helped a lot in Halo 2 xbox speed runs), and how many cases there are when you can simply skip past the action (where's the fun in that though?). For example, in Halo 1's TSC level, if you are fast enough, you can hop through the security door before it closes, skipping a massive portion of the level. In Halo 2's Delta Halo level, you can drive a Ghost up a wall and skip much of the action. And if you're skilled with explosive-aided jumping...you know what to do.

As for killing enemies more quickly, though, it can be easier and it can be harder to kill Brutes than to kill Elites. And the Flood are more aggressive and annoying this time round.

Let's wait till diehard players find out which walls can be walked through, how players can jump 100-foot chasms, and so on.

PlasbianX
September 29th, 2007, 07:54 PM
It also depends on how many glitches there are to exploit (sword flying helped a lot in Halo 2 xbox speed runs), and how many cases there are when you can simply skip past the action (where's the fun in that though?). For example, in Halo 1's TSC level, if you are fast enough, you can hop through the security door before it closes, skipping a massive portion of the level. In Halo 2's Delta Halo level, you can drive a Ghost up a wall and skip much of the action. And if you're skilled with explosive-aided jumping...you know what to do.

As for killing enemies more quickly, though, it can be easier and it can be harder to kill Brutes than to kill Elites. And the Flood are more aggressive and annoying this time round.

Let's wait till diehard players find out which walls can be walked through, how players can jump 100-foot chasms, and so on.

I got through the flood levels without shooting my guns once. You can pretty much just run pass em, and melee the ones in your way.

Ki11a_FTW
September 29th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah the flood are WAY more easier to kill in this game, most of the time you can melee them once and "splat", in halo 1 and 2, the melee didnt do shit, which gives you more of a challange

Syuusuke
September 29th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I was wondering about a speed run too =S

Warsaw
September 30th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Melee only kills the Flood instantly when placed to the back, or after you've shot them up a bit.

Also, WarBandit, Brutes have shields in Halo 3.

Rosco
September 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Melee only kills the Flood instantly when placed to the back, or after you've shot them up a bit.

When you take their shields down, the armour breaks to peices, so they can't have a shield to regenerate.

Bad Waffle
September 30th, 2007, 06:08 PM

i've meleed through an entire pack of flood on Heroic--with both a spiker, and an AR.

Warsaw
September 30th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Not hard to do, as long as it isn't Legendary and there isn't a Chieftain around with his wank devices (invincibility, fuel rod cannons (especially these), or gravity hammers).

WarBandit
September 30th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Not hard to do, as long as it isn't Legendary and there isn't a Chieftain around with his wank devices (invincibility, fuel rod cannons (especially these), or gravity hammers).

LOL, I was playing Halo 3 at my friend house today and I noticed that the Brutes with the hammers arn't really that tough. I was playing the bridge part of the first level on legendary and the brute with the hammer had the white invincible sheild thing on and he was charging at me so I just threw a gravlift in front of me and the Brute when flying over the ledge. I was pretty funny.

Also doesnt the new equipment make the the game a bit easier for the player because I noticed that the covanant suck at using equipment. Its almost like they drop it at random in the middle of a fire fight.

JDMFSeanP
September 30th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Gravity hammers on legendary certainly slow down speed runs >_>