PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]A day for Earth...

CodeBrain
September 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Hello, I thought that this hasn't been done before (at least to what I have seen over the time I modded.) so I'm going to see what you guys think before I try to do this. May I mention that this is going to be an ALL CINEMATIC map. No fighting. Just a movie. :D

Unfortunately, all I have is a map story. So sorry for no models, no ingame stuff, just a story for you to read. :)

"A teen gets picked up by his School Pelican, thinking that this school day, is going to be another boring, horrid day. He was dead wrong...

As his Pelican was flying him and his fellow classmates to school, he thought about all the most boring stuff he would have to go through. The boring speech that his history teacher was trying to get through his thick skull, even through he already knew the whole history of Earth, the war with the Covenant, and the Flood. He had all the classwork, homework, everything done and turned in, the thing was that he was completely skeptical from the fact that the teachers repeating things he already knew. What else could he learn?

Then, as soon as he got to school...all hell broke loose.

The Red Alarm went on, signaling that someone was attacking the school. A quick surface scan told the security it was a Covenant Capital Ship, releasing Covenant Spirits, filled with ground troops with envy for the human race, after the "Demon" destroyed their "Sacred Rings". The students were about to get a face full of death.

However, these students were not ordinary students. These, were the Ultimate Spartan Trainees. They were trained, taught, and great warriors. However, they were just teenagers, they couldn't possibly defeat a entire Covenant Armada, right?"

So, what do you think? I would need a couple people to help through....:D

Con
September 29th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a lot of work.

Syuusuke
September 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Spartan Trainees...I just had to laugh a bit =D

I think it is possible though.

Con
September 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
might as well make the fight playable, people are gonna do it anyway with dev.

Tweek
September 30th, 2007, 04:03 AM
good luck with redorded animations.
because they're impossible.

Pooky
September 30th, 2007, 04:21 AM
He could make it one horrendously long crouch animation for a biped that's a sickening mashup of different models >:U

No... I have no idea how you'd make that work. Good luck.

Tweek
September 30th, 2007, 04:26 AM
codebrain, learn to do some damn research before you come up with these things.

CodeBrain
September 30th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I really do not need recorded animations, because I'm going to try to use the custom_animation function.

MNC
September 30th, 2007, 09:02 AM
With the right amount of experimenting you can get Pelicans flying the "way" you want them to fly. I used recorded animations and triggers for solo_dangercanyon.

Bad Waffle
September 30th, 2007, 06:27 PM
school pelican?

Mass
September 30th, 2007, 06:33 PM
school pelican?

yeah, that was lulz.

sounds stupid, tbh. sorry :)

CodeBrain
September 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Heh, skyline posted asking about a school pelican, but then he deleted it. Think of a school pelican like this:
its a pelican, however, the seats are horizontal, not vertical. 2 per row (so its 2x2), and its a longer form of the pelican. No hanging *cargo* bay, all covered.

I know that this whole story sounds a bit far fetched, but I was asking for a opinion, thanks for telling me. So some people say good luck, some people say this will not happen, however, I need a decision. Should I do this or not? Would you want to see a *only-movie* map for Halo CE? The decision is for you to make.

Kalub
September 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Sounds pretty fail. :(

Bad Waffle
September 30th, 2007, 10:30 PM
dude, dont remake a military vehicle, just make a new vehicle altogether.

Tarzan
October 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM
That's like carting cadets off to the USAFA in a brilliant yellow Apache... a school-copter... no dice. WoL has the right idea - lol

SnaFuBAR
October 1st, 2007, 09:16 AM
to be honest it just sounds like you didn't dedicate more than two minutes of thought to this. just...no.

Agamemnon
October 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Joke topic. At least, I laughed a lot.

CodeBrain
October 1st, 2007, 01:57 PM
Once again, this is just for opinions. Well, guess theres no point in making it, since almost everyone is calling it fail. Locked.