PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] The Flood

TeeKup
September 29th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Just when you thought they couldn't get any more terrifyingly disgusting.

Dear. God.

I swear the amount of detailing that went into the flood is amazing. I'm happy to see the gravemind properly take his evil role now as well. When he first said "Do not be afraid, I am peace, I am salvation." The first thing that I said was "hmph, the hell you are." The way the flood and gravemind have been done really has gotten me into the game.

Weapon wise, the shotgun has lost all respect for me. Whenever I first used it on the flood I was thoroughly disappointed. Thats when I discovered the plasma rifle. We all know what it was like in halo 1 against the flood right? Decently awesome. In halo 2, it fucking sucked monkey balls through a straw, now in Halo 3, its bloody fucking awesome. I always used every ounce of ammo I had out of the PR. It was so damned effective on Heroic, I'm looking forward to whoring it on legendary too.

What really pisses me off though are the Pure form Ranged. Just annoying as hell.

I was hoping to make this the official flood thread, discuss any pro's or con's about the flood that you experienced. I must say my favorite weapon other than the plasma rifle would be the gravity hammer against the flood, was very effective on "The Covenant."

Ki11a_FTW
September 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I love the flood, the only thing i dont like (as i said in the other thread) that you can melee them, and they die (not tank forms) its very easy to take out the combat forms, unless you have like 20 chasing you with weapons, like on the level "Halo". I was really disapointed when i found out you dont fight the gravemind, that made me cry.

I really like in the level "FloodGate" when the covenant cruiser , Shadow Of Intent, comes in that was cool. Needs more elites tho :-(.

TeeKup
September 29th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I really like in the level "FloodGate" when the covenant cruiser , Shadow Of Intent, comes in that was cool. Needs more elites tho :-(.

The arrival of the Shadow of Intent and the small elite fleet brought a sense of awesomeness, Half-jaw in the following cinematic was just awesome too.

Ki11a_FTW
September 29th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, i thought the only elite you would see in the game was Arbitor. Then that comes and im like, ooo goodie

Huero
September 29th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Still needed more; however the Elites on the Covenant; I was so picky, restarting whenever one died.
I luff them <:
but one died and as much as it hurt I kept going D:

TeeKup
September 29th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Still needed more; however the Elites on the Covenant; I was so picky, restarting whenever one died.
I luff them <:
but one died and as much as it hurt I kept going D:

Rofl all of mine survived until I got into the final shield tower, then they all got raped by that swarm of drones and those hunters....like RIGHT off. I remember me saying, ".....dumbass's"

Huero
September 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
That's why I gave them carbines and such. So that they stayed away; mind you I was playing on normal.
But either way, always get the Gravity Hammer.
Good GOD it owns. Everything.
Ever.
Used it against the hunters.

Ki11a_FTW
September 29th, 2007, 09:10 PM
ehh, if your talking about the level "The Covenant" it was like a freefrall.
It was a HUGE mosh pit between elites and brutes, sadly i was right in the middle of it, but someway i survived and all the others died, including arbitor, then i turn around and look at his dead body,then all of the sudden he jumps up, im like O shit!

IPBJT!
September 29th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I like it when you see some Brutes get infected live on The Covenant, but after Truth dies, not that much D:

Oh, and I ABSOLUTLY HATE the Ranged pure forms, freaking things are everywhere and can be hard to spot the first time.

Stealth
September 29th, 2007, 10:18 PM
have any of you guys listend to the Director's commentaries about the Halo 2 cinematices? about the Grave mind? on the droped level called "Forerunner tank"? if any thing, I liked how in the last little part of "The Covenant" he shows up like bungie wanted him to in the droped "Forerunner tank" level.

TeeKup
October 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
That's why I gave them carbines and such. So that they stayed away; mind you I was playing on normal.
But either way, always get the Gravity Hammer.
Good GOD it owns. Everything.
Ever.
Used it against the hunters.

I know, I bloody love the Gravity Hammer. :3

Co Redsonic
October 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
Gravity Hammer PwNs. Period. bad thing about it tho is that noobs are constantly dashing towards it in multiplyer online and squueshing you wiht it. Damn noobs. ANyways, the sword is always the best way to kill teh flood. but whata bout the Flamethrower?

Syuusuke
October 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Pics please.

and Videos if possible =D

ICEE
October 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM
you know what pissed me off? the grenade drought. that almost killed me so many times in the first half of the game. SUUUURRE lets restrict there grenades! THATS A GOOD IDEA BUNGIE! GIVE US 4 FUCKING GRENADES MAX FOR THE FIRST THREE LEVELS!!

if no one else noticed, you cant get your full 8 grenades back until the end of the "covenant". and even then the incindiaries are rare.... GODLIKE as they are. there is honestly nothing more satisfying that watching a brute burn. just.... burn

Warsaw
October 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM
Teekup, the Shotgun was one of the sole most powerful weapons in Halo 3. It will save your hide against many a Brute on Legendary, and can allow you to drop one Flood after another in quick succession BEFORE they actually start mobbing you and you have to switch to the Gravity Hammer. It is also more effective at killing swarms of Infection Forms than the Plasma Rifle, SMG, or MA5C, believe it or not.

Also, the new sword is horrible.

About the grenade drought: this is the first game in the Halo series where you find more fragmentation grenades than anything else, which is good for me. There is a severe shortage of classic plasma grenades though.

Jay2645
October 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM
I prefer my Plasma Nades, but Spike Nades work, too. Plasma nades just don't throw debris everywhere when I stick people.

Dr Nick
October 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
...unless you have like 20 chasing you with weapons, like on the level "Halo".That's why I go for the Gravity Hammer thing when that happens!

For a few seconds, I thought that was like the only ship the Elites had since they left the Covenant, but when I found out, and saw how awesome it looked, I was in awe!

Tweek
October 2nd, 2007, 04:45 AM
spike grenades > all

i love it when i throw one onto a brute face, and just that that 1 second of infinite and pure awesomeness as i see thise spikes impaling his face, and him screaming in terror.

i love it.

Reaper Man
October 2nd, 2007, 05:26 AM
Those flood doors look like anal sphincters :downs:
Also,
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/071001.jpg

Co Redsonic
October 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats a funny comic. Yeah those things are nasty...opening and closing...so wrong.

Ki11a_FTW
October 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Any videos of Forerunner tank?

Skiiran
October 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Any videos of Forerunner tank?
No, just like there aren't any of that one level on a deserted ship in Half-Life 2. Dropped before it got past concept art, I believe.

legionaire45
October 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Forerunner Tank would have been awesome.

Arc-welding a thermonuclear device to the chief and sending him in would have been win. But no Halo 3 then =(.

Flood were win this time around though. In Halo 3 they seemed to have just been thrown at you while in this game they actually have an agenda (well, gravemind did anyway). All the scenes of infected Cruisers and High Charity crashing were epicly win, and in my opinion after the final level the flood levels were my favorite of the game.

Needs moar flamethrower tbh D=. It is a shiny.

ExAm
October 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Forerunner Tank would have been awesome.

Arc-welding a thermonuclear device to the chief and sending him in would have been win. But no Halo 3 then =(.

Flood were win this time around though. In Halo 3 they seemed to have just been thrown at you while in this game they actually have an agenda (well, gravemind did anyway). All the scenes of infected Cruisers and High Charity crashing were epicly win, and in my opinion after the final level the flood levels were my favorite of the game.

Needs moar flamethrower tbh D=. It is a shiny.Is it just me, or do the Flood absolutely FAIL at landing their ships? :awesome:

Ki11a_FTW
October 2nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
nah its just you :-3

TeeKup
October 3rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats a funny comic. Yeah those things are nasty...opening and closing...so wrong.

I wonder where the got the concept for that from I wonder. *coughpreycough*

t3h m00kz
October 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing. "ITS PREY ALL OVER AGAIN, SWEET JAYZIS"

Jay2645
October 6th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing. "ITS PREY ALL OVER AGAIN, SWEET JAYZIS"
Someone mention Jay?

Anyway, I HATED the Flood this time around. The level Cortana brought back repressed memories of my most hated level of all time, The Library.
Speaking of the Library, anyone know why that level isn't all covered in Flood junk? I mean, how long were the Flood in there? They were in High Charity for a day, maybe 2, and look at the place. Why isn't the Library flood-ified?

MithosK
October 6th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Someone mention Jay?

Anyway, I HATED the Flood this time around. The level Cortana brought back repressed memories of my most hated level of all time, The Library.
Speaking of the Library, anyone know why that level isn't all covered in Flood junk? I mean, how long were the Flood in there? They were in High Charity for a day, maybe 2, and look at the place. Why isn't the Library flood-ified?
Flood were in the library for a few hours at best, they were in High Charity for much longer

Warsaw
October 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
However, the Library on Delta Halo should have been taken over in the same manner as High Charity.

Pooky
October 6th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Well why wasn't the installation 04 control room and the area around it all covered in flood? Oh, because it's a game.

teh lag
October 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
However, the Library on Delta Halo should have been taken over in the same manner as High Charity.

Probably they didn't have the proper amount of tissue to reuse for that, and were more concerned with feeding the Gravemind. They were at a stalemate with the Sentinels, and only when the new supply of food from the Humans and Covenant did they overpower the local sentinels. High Charity didn't have anything for flood containment, with a small moon space station's worth of stuff to use.