PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Crysis open beta!

Bossniak
October 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
The crysis beta is now open to the public! Grab yours! :D

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/crysis/beta/

Patrickssj6
October 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
:awesome:

Zeph
October 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
No, it's not an open beta. It's open, in the fact that anyone can apply, but you have to meet specific hardware requiremtns. My Core 2 Duo, 256MB 7800, and 1-1.5GB of RAM aren't needed, so I didn't get it.

Agamemnon
October 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM
I got in with my AMD 64 X 2 4200+, 2GB or more RAM, and my X1650XT 512VRAM. Bummer Zeph.

Don't fret though. You have to wait a half hour to download from the public servers off of FailPlanet.

Tweek
October 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
gimme

i got in with 7900, dual core, and 2+ GB ram.

Skyline
October 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
:awesome: I'm downloading it now.

AMD athlon x2 4800+
Nivida 8600 (256 mb)
2Gb of ram
Cable

Dal
October 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Quad core, 2gb, 8800, and I'm in :D

jeffro11
October 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Athlon X2 6000, 8800GTX, 3 gb, :D HORRAY Crysis!!

Amit
October 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
I'm surprised they didn't want this:

Pentium 4 HT 3.02ghz
Radeon X1600 PRO 256MB(on older PC)
Radeon X1950 PRO 256MB(on current PC)
Kingston 1GB DDR2 600MHz

I thought they wanted to test it out on P4s. I guess they only take people with 2GB+

Syuusuke
October 1st, 2007, 05:32 PM
What happens if I lie?

BobtheGreatII
October 1st, 2007, 05:51 PM
What happens if I lie?

LoL I did, I don't know. XD Prob. just won't run.

Syuusuke
October 1st, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yea probably, oh well.

Too bad the beta didn't include player that have 3 year old machines =D

Zeph
October 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
I went on my other account and put in other specs.
In the worst case, the key will check your system stats and not work, then report it. If it comes up, I'll just say that's my desktop and I'm using my laptop since I'm currently on campus..

Amit
October 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM
I went on my other account and put in other specs.
In the worst case, the key will check your system stats and not work, then report it. If it comes up, I'll just say that's my desktop and I'm using my laptop since I'm currently on campus..

I tried that but i got the same message, but i haven't used the account for over a year.

Syuusuke
October 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Obviously they won't check JUST your account...

4RT1LL3RY
October 1st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Woot, got in.
Core 2 Duo
2GB
8600 256mb
Cable
I'm 330/381 right now 74 minute wait

Syuusuke
October 1st, 2007, 07:38 PM
26% of my download finished, looks like I'm getting leaving this one on overnight.

Random
October 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM
got in easy 8800 gts 320mb core 2 duo and 2 gigs of ram :D

Zeph
October 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
I'm glad I didn't stay on campus to use the T3 my digital media center pays for. It would have been useless against this slow server.

legionaire45
October 1st, 2007, 09:38 PM
Meh it doesn't like my C2D/4 GB/7600 GT =(.

needs moar openness tbh. Should have lied =(.

Syuusuke
October 1st, 2007, 09:52 PM
It was the 7600GT. =P

Con
October 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
meh, gonna wait for the SP demo. There's no reason for me to give them my address and postal code and shit.

Skyline
October 1st, 2007, 10:18 PM
I didn't give them my postal code or city, I left it blank :downs:.

Snowy
October 1st, 2007, 10:22 PM
Played it... still under NDA though, so I will go into vague detail... After playing this and ET:QW, I find the main difference is that ET:QW you always know where the action is... though, I did only play about an hour or so, it seemed like I was running around the map mostly. I'll have to play it much more before I make anymore judgments... but if there is one thing I've learned, it's not to judge a game by its beta.

flibitijibibo
October 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Weird, I entered the stuff, and its giving me this "lol on hold" mess. It didn't even ask for my system specs. I figure an E6700, 4GB RAM, X-Fi Elite Pro and a 7950 GX2 could get me in.

Agamemnon
October 1st, 2007, 11:01 PM
Ugh, NDA or not, that felt like BF2 with better graphics. Needs more originality.

jahrain
October 2nd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Downloading. Maybe this game might actually challenge my PC. (specs in sig) I don't expect anything great other than a descent engine. I don't know what created so much hype for this game. Must have been EA's crazy marketing strategies.

Also: NDA + Open beta = lulz.

Teroh
October 2nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
8800 GTS, 2 gigs RAM, E6600 Core 2 Duo, I'm in.
:awesome:

Ugh, NDA or not, that felt like BF2 with better graphics. Needs more originality.
Good, I like Battlefield 2 a lot.

CN3089
October 2nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
256MB 8600GT + Athlon 64 X2 3800+ + 2GB RAM = I'm in! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-hfive.gif

jahrain
October 2nd, 2007, 01:16 AM
Crysis_MP_Beta_Release_3.exe
Waiting for your turn to download
Place in Line
27 /583

Estimated Wait
47 minutes

D:

Half the torrent has downloaded already, and fileplanet is still on wait. Anyone seeding the torrent?

Edit:
Just played it. Nothing, not one bit like i expected... Glad this isn't final, but I probably won't be interested in this game anyways. I don't play BF2, but the closest game I can relate this to is CSS (another game I don't really play much), with vehicles in 20x larger maps. At least one positive thing I can say is that it runs 60+fps at maxed settings and 1680x1050 res on my system.

StankBacon
October 2nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
wtf... it accepted everything, then says the damn beta is closed...

ugh.

Cortexian
October 2nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
I have to agree after playing all morning, the game plays like BF2/CS (Related to CS because you have to buy your weapons), but with way better graphics, and different suit modes. Which are awesome tbh. I like the sniper rifle.

Tweek
October 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
yeah sniping works really well.

but tbh, the best weapon there, is the dual pistol.

does more dmg than a machine guns, and shoots same speed, if not faster.
kept ending up in 1st place by nuking the shit out of everything exept for wwhat was SUPPOSED to be nuked, funy as hell.

also got accused of cheating all the time.
is that even possible in a beta?

i was one of the people that didn't want anythign to do with crysis, because it was overhyped piece of shit.
i decided to give it a try and check out the beta, and here's what i think.

i dont agree with the fact its like battlefield.
the only relation with abttlefield is that you capture points, and theres like tanks and stuff and you shoot people. that's about 50% of all new shooters nowadays.

i like how you can only SPAWN at bunkers, and the other points all have their own purposes. i like the warfactory best, gives most prestige too, and easily defendable.

end verdict, it's a really good game, it's the best from battlefield + counterstrike + bioshock (powers)
sounds like a pretty sweet deal, and in my opinion, this should be a pretty sweet game.

Cortexian
October 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
yeah sniping works really well.

but tbh, the best weapon there, is the dual pistol.

does more dmg than a machine guns, and shoots same speed, if not faster.
kept ending up in 1st place by nuking the shit out of everything exept for wwhat was SUPPOSED to be nuked, funy as hell.

also got accused of cheating all the time.
is that even possible in a beta?

i was one of the people that didn't want anythign to do with crysis, because it was overhyped piece of shit.
i decided to give it a try and check out the beta, and here's what i think.

i dont agree with the fact its like battlefield.
the only relation with abttlefield is that you capture points, and theres like tanks and stuff and you shoot people. that's about 50% of all new shooters nowadays.

i like how you can only SPAWN at bunkers, and the other points all have their own purposes. i like the warfactory best, gives most prestige too, and easily defendable.

end verdict, it's a really good game, it's the best from battlefield + counterstrike + bioshock (powers)
sounds like a pretty sweet deal, and in my opinion, this should be a pretty sweet game.
I agree 100%, I just think it "feels" a lot like Battlefield when your playing. Btw how do you select your spawn location? After I die I bring up the map but can't select where to spawn, and I always end up at home base.

CN3089
October 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
I agree 100%, I just think it "feels" a lot like Battlefield when your playing. Btw how do you select your spawn location? After I die I bring up the map but can't select where to spawn, and I always end up at home base.

Double click.

Syuusuke
October 2nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Hmm I didn't know it was an open Multiplayer beta.

Hell I can't join any of the servers or make LAN, oh well. =(

"Server Authentication Failed"

BS I'm running a bad version of Crysis? =(

Snaver
October 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
You need to subscribe to fileplanet? that sucks..

Tweek
October 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
no you don't.

Amit
October 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
no you don't.

WTF? then how do you get a key?

Neuro Guro
October 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
I just tried and it said it was only open to subscribers.

Syuusuke
October 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Now it's open to subscribers, I think it just ended early yesterday (refer to Bacon's post). It's always been open to subscribers.

InnerGoat
October 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
It was open to all for a short time. You just missed it is all. :awesome:

Syuusuke
October 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
As long as you met the "requirements" I'm pretty sure I didn't =P and still got to play

"Server Authentication Failed"

And that problem was a punkbuster installation problem, I had to remove everything and reinstall, maybe I should go tell it to some noobs in the Chat section in the lobby that they should reinstall and make sure Punkbuster installs. If they wanted to use some hack w/o PB then that's too damn bad for them.

stunt_man
October 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
uTorrent here I come!

Is it multiplayer?

Syuusuke
October 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
It's multiplayer =(
You'll need a beta key to play it also =P

Teroh
October 4th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I love being Lt., spawning with 400 points, running to the tank factory, building a light tank, and owning. Me and two other guys basically made a convoy of Light Tank + Gauss Tank + Light Tank, and we all went to the same objectives and murdered.

Cortexian
October 4th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I love the weapon customization, it's like... :awesome:...

Tweek
October 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM
i don't use it.

i only use it for a scope on the sniper, and incendiary bullets in the FYsomething when im defendinf the prototype factory.

silencer is useless, the scopes are useless, and that's all you can get for em anyway.

Limited
October 10th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Its a torrent? Fuck that, cant torrent here, shame, would go fast on the 18mbps.

Cortexian
October 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
i don't use it.

i only use it for a scope on the sniper, and incendiary bullets in the FYsomething when im defendinf the prototype factory.

silencer is useless, the scopes are useless, and that's all you can get for em anyway.
Oh really? Grab a SCAR, I'll grab a SCAR with a laser sight, reflex sight, and silencer, and we'll see who winds in a simple firefight. I will, because the Laser makes the bullets more accurate, the reflex makes em even more accurate over range, and the silencer makes it... well... silent-ish.

I've tried this before, the add-ons actually effect the weapon, not just you playing.

Its a torrent? Fuck that, cant torrent here, shame, would go fast on the 18mbps.
No it's a download from fileplanet, people mentioning torrents are talking about pirating.