PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 4? a new Marathon Game? Other? Or none?

kungpow
October 2nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Vote and detail why you voted that! i honestly have no idea o_O

Zeph
October 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
Why dont you just enjoy what's out now and wait for an official announcement?

kungpow
October 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Oh i am enjoying it im just curious as to what people think :)

Sever
October 2nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Who the HECK said Halo 4?!?! Bungie has officially announced that they will NOT be making a Halo 4. End of discussion.

Flyboy
October 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Who the HECK said Halo 4?!?! Bungie has officially announced that they will NOT be making a Halo 4. End of discussion.
Bungie said Halo 3 was the last in the story ark, however, NOT the last game.

Sever
October 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Right. Bungie will NOT be making a Halo 4.

CodeBrain
October 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Didn't you read?

Bungie said Halo 3 was the last in the story ark, however, NOT the last game.

Which means that there IS going to be a Halo 4, HOWEVER, it will not be about the Halos/Ark, it will be about something else, with that slapped title.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PlasbianX
October 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well halo 4 could imply that it continues halo 3's story line... but it could continue, but just without the rings and the ark.

MNC
October 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
It could be Halo: [insert subtitle] And it could be a different story-arc, WITH the Halos.

Sever
October 2nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Right, just like Halo Wars. There is no Halo 4 however. There might be a Halo: _____, but we don't know yet.

Ki11a_FTW
October 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, if there was another halo game, it would not be called Halo 4

Amit
October 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Didn't you read?

Which means that there IS going to be a Halo 4, HOWEVER, it will not be about the Halos/Ark, it will be about something else, with that slapped title.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nobody said there WILL be a Halo 4. There would be other games on it that Bungie wouldn't be working on. And it could be about the Halos/Ark. It would make no sense to call it Halo 4 and then have nothing to do with the like. But it can have a more general meaning of the Halo universe....like Halo: Contact Harvest.

Yeah, if there was another halo game, it would not be called Halo 4

Yeah, Halo 4 sounds lame.

Pooky
October 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Actually, if they created a new Marathon game it would have to be Marathon 4. :downs:

Syuusuke
October 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Halo: The Marathon Man
or
Marathon: The Halo

TIA Gangsta
October 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well halo 4 could imply that it continues halo 3's story line... but it could continue, but just without the rings and the ark.

Well GTA 3 and 4 are not sequels to one another...I know, not the best example, but just showing that a game doesn't have to be a story sequel to have a number next to the name.

Halo 4 could simply imply that there's another story still including the Halo rings (hence keeping the name "Halo").
Sorry, but how could they just abandon the fact that 5 (or is it 6?) other Halos still exist? Not to mention that there's still Covenant, Brutes and Flood out there.
There's just too much undealt-with things in Halo 3 for the whole "Halo" game series to end like that.
Ok fine, perhaps a new name based around a new main aspect (e.g. the planet MC + Cortana are drifting to), but I'm relatively sure old characters (e.g. MC, Cortana, Arbiter) and a bit of the current story to return (i.e. the Halo rings, Flood).

Another thing that's weird is why the Arbiter is still alive. I mean, if they were sure they wouldn't need to keep him alive, then they could have killed him off in some heroic act. Perhaps in the ending cutscene of the campaign he falls off or something, and tells the MC to leave him and go cos there isn't enough time (well, I'm sure Bungie could have thought of something less cheesier than that). It would have made the story just that much better.
And it's not like he's such an important character than the players care about that they should keep him alive...
I think Bungie have plans for him to make a return.

Amit
October 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Well GTA 3 and 4 are not sequels to one another...I know, not the best example, but just showing that a game doesn't have to be a story sequel to have a number next to the name.

Halo 4 could simply imply that there's another story still including the Halo rings (hence keeping the name "Halo").
Sorry, but how could they just abandon the fact that 5 (or is it 6?) other Halos still exist? Not to mention that there's still Covenant, Brutes and Flood out there.
There's just too much undealt-with things in Halo 3 for the whole "Halo" game series to end like that.
Ok fine, perhaps a new name based around a new main aspect (e.g. the planet MC + Cortana are drifting to), but I'm relatively sure old characters (e.g. MC, Cortana, Arbiter) and a bit of the current story to return (i.e. the Halo rings, Flood).

Another thing that's weird is why the Arbiter is still alive. I mean, if they were sure they wouldn't need to keep him alive, then they could have killed him off in some heroic act. Perhaps in the ending cutscene of the campaign he falls off or something, and tells the MC to leave him and go cos there isn't enough time (well, I'm sure Bungie could have thought of something less cheesier than that). It would have made the story just that much better.
And it's not like he's such an important character than the players care about that they should keep him alive...

So you want to kill the Arbiter just because he's not as important as Johnson? Or is it that he's too important NOT to kill?

Flyboy
October 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
I would love to get the plotline of what happened before reach, something like an ODST tactical squad based shooter. It sounds different, but thats what it needs to be. If there is a Halo 4, it needs the same story, totally different play mechanics.

Ki11a_FTW
October 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM

If the humans were to kill the Arbitor, then they would get raped by the elites.

Skiiran
October 2nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I think it would be cool to have a game where you played as the Forerunner, trying to fight back the tide of the Flood. It could be an RTS, where you move ships around to try and cut off Flood advances, build up resources to build Halos/installations, et cetera.

Amit
October 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
If the humans were to kill the Arbitor, then they would get raped by the elites.

He means Bungie was supposed to put a part of the story in where he was killed by something other than the humans. Gangsta has already posted this somewhere else on the forum.

Syuusuke
October 2nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think this "fourth sequel" of Halo would actually just start off a new story right off the bat (unless Halo 3's story ends right there, don't spoil it for me pwease. =(

Think about it, if the first THREE halos were all sequels with connecting story points to each other, it would NOT make sense to just make a fourth one that had no relation to the the trilogy.

ExAm
October 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah, if there was another halo game, it would not be called Halo 4Since there's no official name for it, we'll just call it "Halo 4" until such time as it is announced.

Also, there has already been a Marathon 3 or sorts, called Marathon: Infinity.

Pooky
October 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Actually, if they created a new Marathon game it would have to be Marathon 4. :downs:

:downs:

Con
October 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Depends what Halo 4 is defined as. That's kinda dodgy, so I voted Marathon.

Jay2645
October 3rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
Message enclosed in Spoilerz just in case.

Personally, I think there will be a H4, with MC and Arbiter, but not against the Covenant, since the Covenant have fallen apart.
Maybe they will see some Covie action, like the Covenant remnant, warring among itself for control of the entire Covenant (I'm drawing ideas from the Star Wars books now, lol), but the goal will be different.

25 YEARS BEFORE H3-H3:
Halo 1, 2, and 3's overall story arc was to stop the Covenant from activating the rings.
Mission Accomplished.

RIGHT AFTER H3-15 YEARS AFTER H3:
Halo 4, and maybe Halo 5 and Halo 6's storyline may be to eradicate the remainder of the Covenant race, besides the Elites.
In the middle of that, a new force steps into the picture. Not sure what exactly, but it wants to kill everything. Maybe the Flood, I don't know. In order to defeat it, the Humans must join with the Covenant remnant, and form a new Covenant, with Elites and Humans leading.
Somewhere in the first game, MC is found, with Cortana still alive and well. Possibly something special is inserted into Cortana (Bow Chicka Wow Wow) that makes her have a significantly longer lifespan, possibly 70 years.

15 YEARS AFTER H3-20 YEARS AFTER H3:
Once that new menace is gone, something else pops up, a new, hive-like race, that makes a giant nest by corrupting people's thoughts. These guys function somewhat like the Flood, but your allies are still in there somewhere, and can be turned back, not to mention that they all share the same thoughts (One mind controls them all).
I suppose that pretty much is a watered-down description of the Flood, huh? Well, you have to kill them somehow, I guess.

20 YEARS AFTER H3-30 YEARS AFTER H3:
Next few games feature a new alien race, one far more advanced then the Covenant, one that can grow new weapons as if they were living. All of their tech would be organic (Lol, Star Wars strikes again), and they would pretty much decimate most of the New Covenant. Eventually, the New Covenant's survivors flee to the Ark as a last resort, and fire the Halo rings to kill them and their tech.

30 YEARS AFTER H3-40 YEARS AFTER H3:
The New Covenant shatters into Civil War. Much like Halo 3's Covenant Civil War, this is the Humans, Grunts, and Elites vs. the Jackals, Hunters, and Brutes.
The few remaining from the Second Firing of the Halos are reduced to even fewer.
Someone important dies, Arbiter maybe.
Humans, Grunts, and Elites come out on top of the war, Brutes and Jackals have become extinct or near-extinct. The few remaining Hunters flee.
Well, I'm out of ideas for sequels, maybe some prequels:

10,000 Years Before H3-?:
A RTS with the Forerunner against the Flood. Shows what happened to the Forerunner, how they lost all their tech, and how a few survived to make cave paintings on Earth and become humans.

25 Years Before H3-H1:
A Marine FPS, showing mankind's first encounter with the Covenant through the Battle of Reach.

I'm out of ideas, remember, these are just IDEAS, not actual things for how I want the Halo games to play out.
Mostly speculation on what MIGHT happen.

Dr Nick
October 3rd, 2007, 01:26 AM
Seriously, I doubt many people will enjoy it if they do make a Halo 4.

Basically, it would become another overused idea, and nobody would want it.
Similar to the Metal gear series. I think it was done after the first(or possibly the second)game.
But that's my opinion.

It really rapes the original story, and that sucks.
Like for example(I'll use MGS again, since that's one of the only ones I've seen) the first MGS game was awesome! I'd enjoy if they did a remake, with new voices, models, textures, etc, but not any new additions to the story or anything like that, I think a lot of people would enjoy it.
After a couple of games were released, people started to lose interest in the story.

I hope Bungie continues to work hard and make great video games, but I think Halo is done.

ExAm
October 3rd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Not with that kind of foreshadowing, it isn't.

Agamemnon
October 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
As much as I would like to think originality would hit them, I doubt it will. Halo will be the next Mario/Metroid/Zelda/Final Fantasy/Elder Scroll/Half-Life. They'll just churn out a game every two or three years and the cult to that series will eat it up, despite nothing new coming out of it.

Skiiran
October 3rd, 2007, 11:14 PM
As much as I would like to think originality would hit them, I doubt it will. Halo will be the next Mario/Metroid/Zelda/Final Fantasy/Elder Scroll/Half-Life. They'll just churn out a game every two or three years and the cult to that series will eat it up, despite nothing new coming out of it.
Or, you know, it could end after Halo Wars. (really I don't see Peter Jackson doing jack shit with his 'lolplan'.)

Agamemnon
October 3rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
I would hope it ends after Halo Wars, though I have a bad feeling Microsoft is going to beat the crap out of the dead horse until there's nothing there but powdered bones.

Dr Nick
October 4th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I would hope it ends after Halo Wars, though I have a bad feeling Microsoft is going to beat the crap out of the dead horse until there's nothing there but powdered bones.
qft

Pooky
October 4th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Halo: Master Chief Stories for PSP tbh

Hurrvish
October 4th, 2007, 04:37 PM
-aGwPf4jmg4

Flyboy
October 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I would like you to go look at what those series get as reviews, not to mention how most people love all of them. You do know, franchises aren't the devil, nor is consumerism, nor are liberals (though I can see how you'd be confused with that). People wouldn't still be buying those games after about 25 years of metroid, zelda, mario, or FF if they weren't actually good. Sure they might not be as original as the first ones, but they are still fantastic games, and all of them basically defined their genres. Zelda basically created story driven RPG's, while FF defined how turn based games should be done. Metroid perfected the side scrolling shooter while mario brought the entire video game market back from a coma. And to this day, those games continue to surpass most of the same genera. Just as Halo nailed the console FPS market, and continues to be better than most console shooters to date. Before you mention it in your next post (which you will so I don't know why I bother) bioshock really wasn't all that good, even for a console FPS. Sure it was fun while it lasted, but it only lasted ten hours.

EDIT - I started that video fad here.

Heil Flyboy!:hist101:

343guiltymc
October 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I was hoping for a halo RPG game. Or a game based on one of the books, not including halo wars.

Agamemnon
October 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I would like you to go look at what those series get as reviews, not to mention how most people love all of them.
The "majority" =/= correct

Nice try though. If you want to drop $50 on the next recycled story of Zelda for the 20th time,then be my guest. Nintendo loves you for it.

You do know, franchises aren't the devil, nor is consumerism, nor are liberals (though I can see how you'd be confused with that).
Yeah, and I said they were. But I forgot who I was talking to. One of the other assumptive children around here. You're about as much as an individual as a Nazi is (and I really don't want to hear "LUL GODWIN'S." It's an excellent example and one that is easily recognizable.)

People wouldn't still be buying those games after about 25 years of metroid, zelda, mario, or FF if they weren't actually good.
Wrong. The same people from 25 years back AREN'T buying the same games 25 years later. The new generation of children who haven't breathed on the old games are the ones that are playing it. The material gets recycled but no one notices because they're too young to care. All they would like is their instant gratification.

Sure they might not be as original as the first ones, but they are still fantastic games, and all of them basically defined their genres. Zelda basically created story driven RPG's,
Zelda had a good story and a nice little game system for its time. That's what Zelda did. Story-driven RPGs were not new then.

while FF defined how turn based games should be done.
That was funny. Go look up the definition of turn-based games please, then come back.

Metroid perfected the side scrolling shooter
Which had been done before.

while mario brought the entire video game market back from a coma.
Nothing left to pull out from there, huh? Your real defense should've been, "And Mario was the most successful Nintendo launch title."

And to this day, those games continue to surpass most of the same genera.
I'm not entirely sure how much you would know about the genre when you're just pulling stuff out of nowhere for the lack of an actual point.

Just as Halo nailed the console FPS market, and continues to be better than most console shooters to date.
At least for this generation.

Before you mention it in your next post (which you will so I don't know why I bother) bioshock really wasn't all that good, even for a console FPS. Sure it was fun while it lasted, but it only lasted ten hours.
Who the hell was ever talking about Bioshock?

Jay2645
October 4th, 2007, 11:13 PM
The "majority" =/= correct
However, the majority is what the companies are looking for. It doesn't mean that it is always correct, but most of the time it is.

Nice try though. If you want to drop $50 on the next recycled story of Zelda for the 20th time,then be my guest. Nintendo loves you for it.

Personally, I played every Zelda game to date, and I agree with you on this one. However, Mario games are as original as ever, look at Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah, and I said they were. But I forgot who I was talking to. One of the other assumptive children around here. You're about as much as an individual as a Nazi is (and I really don't want to hear "LUL GODWIN'S." It's an excellent example and one that is easily recognizable.)
I'm split 50/50 on this, no way for me to post an argument for either side.

Wrong. The same people from 25 years back AREN'T buying the same games 25 years later. The new generation of children who haven't breathed on the old games are the ones that are playing it. The material gets recycled but no one notices because they're too young to care. All they would like is their instant gratification.
I don't know about you, but for some reason, I think that Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are a LOT different then Donkey Kong, Mario's first game. I actually have the original Arcade Donkey Kong (The one where you put the quarters inside) in my garage. However, the Mario side-scrollers of the the GBA and GBC generation were starting to get repetitive. New Super Mario Brothers at least brought back some characters from the 3D Mario games.

Zelda had a good story and a nice little game system for its time. That's what Zelda did. Story-driven RPGs were not new then.
Agreed.

That was funny. Go look up the definition of turn-based games please, then come back.

From Wikipedia:
A turn-based strategy (TBS) game is a game where the game flow is partitioned into well-defined and visible parts, called turns or rounds. For example, when the game flow unit is time, turns represent units of time, like years, months, weeks, or days. A player of a turn-based game is allowed a period of analysis (sometimes bounded, sometimes unbounded) before committing to a game action, ensuring a separation between the game flow and the thinking process, which in turn presumably leads to more optimal choices. Once every player has taken his or her turn, that round of play is over, and any special shared processing is done. This is followed by the next round of play.Sounds like Final Fantasy to me, with a couple alterations.
I would classify Final Fantasy as a TBS, but Pokemon games would be a better example.
BACK TO THE COMMENTING!

Which had been done before.
Indeed it has, but Metroid revolutionized it. And you played as a girl and never knew until the end! D=

Nothing left to pull out from there, huh? Your real defense should've been, "And Mario was the most successful Nintendo launch title."
Actually, Tetris was Nintendo's most successful launch title, saving the Game Boy. Donkey Kong, Mario's first game, was fun, but it was only available in Arcades and bars. Before Donkey Kong, there was the (PHAILED) Atari system. Mario games saved the video game industry, it was doomed until a mustachioed plumber came along to rescue his Princess. After people saw that video games were still available, they jumped on.

This was the history of video games, in a nutshell.
-Arcade games make big money.
-Atari tried to capitalize on it with things it called "Consoles", mini arcade games that you plugged into the TV.
-They sold like hotcakes.
-Eventually, there was no novelty in the consoles; they were just old consoles redone with better graphics, which few people cared about.
-Once the novelty was gone, the video game industry crashed.
-Mario came along, from a trading card manufacturer named Nintendo.
-People saw hope in it.
-Nintendo followed up with the Legend of Zelda.
-SEGA jumped on the bandwagon with it's game, Sonic the Hedgehog.
-Nintendo brings back the console, making sure each one stayed revolutionary.
-Nintendo 64 comes out, followed by the SEGA Genesis. The Genesis was still 2-D, the 64 was in revolutionary 3-D.
-Sony jumps on the bandwagon with the Playstation, copying from Nintendo.
-Nintendo announces a thing called the Gamecube, with all sorts of new features.
-Sony copies once again with the Playstation 2.
-Microsoft follows shortly afterwards with the Xbox.
-A few years later, Microsoft rehashes the Xbox, making the same mistakes that brought down Atari. Microsoft only stays afloat due to overwhelming Windows profits.
-Sony follows suit with the Playstation 3. Making the same mistakes as Microsoft and Atari did, with no backups, unlike Microsoft. Sony starts to go downhill with an overpriced console that is a PS2 with internet.
-Nintendo attempts to save the video game market with another revolutionary console called the Wii. Whether it was successful is yet to be determined.

I'm not entirely sure how much you would know about the genre when you're just pulling stuff out of nowhere for the lack of an actual point.
No comment.

At least for this generation.
Name a good FPS game that was before this generation. Not a rail shooter, a FPS. And then see if the rest of the people agree with you. If you cannot find a good one, then Halo was, indeed, a true definition of the FPS genre. Technically, Marathon was ending in this generation, so Halo re-revolutionized it.

Who the hell was ever talking about Bioshock?
Someone was, a while back.

Pooky
October 4th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Just as Halo nailed the console FPS market, and continues to be better than most console shooters to date.

Actually, Goldeneye nailed the console FPS market first, and it was a much better game.

Agamemnon
October 4th, 2007, 11:32 PM
However, the majority is what the companies are looking for. It doesn't mean that it is always correct, but most of the time it is.No. This is not a case of "majority rules." Titanic is the single-most engrossing film of all time. Does that mean it's the best film of all time? No, of course not.

Personally, I played every Zelda game to date, and I agree with you on this one. However, Mario games are as original as ever, look at Super Mario Galaxy.It is still Mario. That would be the point of things being recycled. Mario might come in different flavors and variety, but that doesn't stop him from being extremely old, especially being Nintendo's mascot. Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis; while they are all not of the traditional sidescroller that Mario originally was, they are generic in game play of copy + paste other games of those games, not to mention they're churning out a new version every year of it as well.

I don't know about you, but for some reason, I think that Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are a LOT different then Donkey Kong, Mario's first game. I actually have the original Arcade Donkey Kong (The one where you put the quarters inside) in my garage. However, the Mario side-scrollers of the the GBA and GBC generation were starting to get repetitive. New Super Mario Brothers at least brought back some characters from the 3D Mario games.I will admit, Super Mario 64 was something new, and that was due to the new generation of consoles, but we still found ourselves doing the exact same thing we were doing in the previous games; traveling lands, jumping on enemies, hitting boxes for power ups, and trying to save the princess. It was Mario wrapped up in fancy graphics, albeit it was more interesting to have a 3D environment this time around.

Sounds like Final Fantasy to me.
No, it doesn't. Go play Final Fantasy. Time gauges =/= turn-based game play. Sorry. Civilization would be an accurate portrayal of a turn-based game.

Actually, Tetris was Nintendo's most successful launch title, saving the Game Boy. Donkey Kong, Mario's first game, was fun, but it was only available in Arcades and bars. Mario never really saved any system, he's just been in fun games.No. Super Mario Bros. was the best selling video game for quite some time. It sold the Nintendo and Nintendo attributes the plumber's success so well that he's the official mascot. And we are talking about home consoles, not hand-held portables.

Name a good FPS game that was before this generation. Not a rail shooter, a FPS. And then see if the rest of the people agree with you. If you cannot find a good one, then Halo was, indeed, a true definition of the FPS genre.System Shock 2 and Quake III Arena. Halo did nothing new. Not even in the story department (Marathon/Alien/Starcraft). They got lucky with O'Donnell. That's as good as it gets in my books with Halo.

Actually, Goldeneye nailed the console FPS market first, and it was a much better game.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. :) Goldeneye was one of the most revolutionary console FPS games. Great balance as well. Actually, pretty much great everything.

Jay2645
October 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Ah yes, I forgot about Goldeneye.
Coming to a compromise with you on all other points besides the first one. I said it wasn't ALWAYS right, however, it USUALLY is.

Agamemnon
October 4th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Could you give me a few examples? Because when the "majority" is involved, it's a matter of appeasing the masses, and it then becomes an opinion, not a fact.

Jay2645
October 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Sure.
-Star Wars. Lots of people liked it, and the movie was great using 1977 technology.
-The Harry Potter books. Those will become classic literature, they are just good writing.
-The Model "T" Ford car. Lots of people loved it, and it is the best-selling car to date. It was just a good, quality car for it's time.

I could think of more, but I don't want to be going on a rant about it.

SMASH
October 4th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I figure I'll train this thread back into place....

I personally would love to see a Marathon game that would actually be next gen and would absolutely HATE to see another Halo FPS game. Why? Since Bungie and Microsoft are splitting ways, with Microsoft keeping the Halo series, another Halo would be just Microsoft's lame attempt at milking the franchise for all it's worth and will miserably fail without Bungie.

And I think a new storyline (and change in scenery) with a Haloish feel would be great (AKA Marathon). Also it would be a poke at Microsoft that says, we can still make great games whether or not we own the Halo series.

Mr Buckshot
October 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I've never played Marathon or any classic Bungie game. I would love to see a remake or something using a current-gen system. Heck, Bungie could even remake Marathon, ONI, etc using the Halo 3 engine.

As for an actual Halo game, I hope it stops at Halo Wars, which is actually being developed by Ensemble Studios, creator of Age of Empires. I wouldn't mind seeing a Halo FPS based on Ghosts of Onyx or First Strike - maybe those could be released as add-ons to Halo 3 via Xbox Live? Hmm...

Or maybe a Halo Zero, just like PDZ! It would be based off Fall of Reach...

What would be best would be to have Halo 1 and/or Halo 2 remade on the Halo 3 engine, similar to the way classic HL1 games are getting Source makeovers.

As for Halo 4, NO WAY. I haven't played Halo 3, but I do know that MC goes into cryo sleep at the end of Halo 3 since he is stranded in half a ship in an unknown location and it'll take years for him to be found

kungpow
October 5th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Another gang up on Agamemnon (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=56) thread? =P
Im pretty sure u enjoy it huh ag?

kungpow
October 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Lol sorry mate didn't want to come off rude. I was only having a joke ^_^

Agamemnon
October 5th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Oh, sorry. I'll delete the post then. :(

Flyboy
October 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Personally, golden eye was ok, but no where near as good as the original halo.

OmegaDragon
October 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
My bet is that if they were to make another halo game, they will come out with a prequel to Halo 1 and make the fall of reach.

SMASH
October 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
My bet is that if they were to make another halo game, they will come out with a prequel to Halo 1 and make the fall of reach.

NO. No more halo games! Bungie no longer has control. It would be microsofts crappy excuse to try and get money.

DaneO'Roo
October 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Iris

nuff said.

Apoc4lypse
October 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM
they shud liek totally make a new game n call it Halo 4 How the universe ends liek that wud rock my sozx of kayz :p

yeah, I voted other.... I wanna see what else these guys got after following them for so long on halo lolz.

I never played marathon other then the demos I downloaded, it was neat, but you don't get much from demos with old games like that.

If they did make a another halo story... it shouldn't be called halo, and it shouldn't have to do with the chief... maybe somthing with the backstory thats it... thats the only thing I'd accept, anything else related to the name halo 4 probably not... but I havent played halo 3 yet.. coz I need money for the 360 wah...

yeah idk...

I vote other game.

PlasbianX
October 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
http://nikon.bungie.org/pressscans/xbn.spring02/2.jpg

Top of 3rd column. So, master chief IS the guy from marathon. So the next game could indeed be a marathon game.

Huero
October 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I want to play pathways into darkness
remake now >:U

Cortexian
October 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I agree that if they where to make another Halo based on the story Ark that "finishes" in Halo 3, they would need to do a prequel or another branch of the story Ark. Even better, let us play through as Kurt and show us what happens to him while he's MIA, and then show us him moving in to teach the Spartan III's. From there we could have a sequel to that game where you play as Kelly or one of the other survivors of Ghosts of Onyx.

Syuusuke
October 6th, 2007, 06:37 PM
403 error Plas.

PlasbianX
October 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
403 error Plas.
Imageshacked:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3236/23863031qa2.jpg

jahrain
October 6th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Halo: The beginning
Halo: The lost chapters
Halo: Assualt
Halo: Extreme Hog Racing
Halo: Soccer
Halo: Party
Halo: Golf
Halo: The trading card game
Halo: Tag team Fighters
Halo: Chess
Halo: Puzzles

DaneO'Roo
October 6th, 2007, 08:27 PM
rofl, you forgot Halo: Dance Dance Mania

PlasbianX
October 6th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Halo Underwear - Show off your 'spartan'
Halo Toothpaste - Brush that grunt shit outta your teeth with a rush of MC Mint
Halo Shavers - Nobody wants to be a hairy brute

teh lag
October 6th, 2007, 08:35 PM
:( The sad thing is I can perfectly see almost all of those happening. Almost makes me wish Halo wasn't such a big deal, then we wouldn't have to worry about crappy spinoffs.

ShadowCloud
October 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I picked other, because from the Gears of war 1 i liked the story, and i want them to make Gears of War 2 so i can see another great story created by epic games.

Con
October 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
We're talking about Bungie here, not Epic.

Cortexian
October 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Yea, why did you randomly bring in Epic. No one cares :awesome:.

Skiiran
October 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I picked other, because from the Gears of war 1 i liked the story, and i want them to make Gears of War 2 so i can see another great story created by epic games.
Gears of War PC has five new chapters in it.

So you are wrong.

Dr Nick
October 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM
:( The sad thing is I can perfectly see almost all of those happening. Almost makes me wish Halo wasn't such a big deal, then we wouldn't have to worry about crappy spinoffs.But then half of us would never have met eachother :(

Flyboy
October 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Gears of War PC has five new chapters in it.

So you are wrong.
Improving a game in a PC port? What the fuck is epic thinking?

Patrickssj6
October 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Improving a game in a PC port? What the fuck is epic thinking?
More Gigabytes on a CD! They force you to buy a blue-ray drive. DOH! :D

Masterz1337
October 7th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Halo Kart would be fun. A whole game like the maw/halo run?

Emmzee
October 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
And George Lucas, in 2005, officially announced that he would NOT be making any more Star Wars movies.

Oh wait.

PenGuin1362
October 7th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Well if you saw the end of legendary, there was quite a bit of a cliff hanger...however i don't think they'll be making any more halo games. it had a nice ending, lets keep it ended.

PlasbianX
October 7th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Already confirmed theres another halo game in the works.

Jay2645
October 7th, 2007, 05:06 PM
And George Lucas, in 2005, officially announced that he would NOT be making any more Star Wars movies.

Oh wait.
Wait.
There's a Star Wars Episode VII in development?
When did this happen?
I must check Wookiepedia...

PenGuin1362
October 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Already confirmed theres another halo game in the works.

...o rly? link please

ExAm
October 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I think it's an extremely safe assumption that there's another one coming...

...because of the cliffhanger ending on Legendary.

I don't know why I have to keep saying that.

Also, the only thing Bungie has said that even comes close to "no more Halo" is that "Halo 3 is the end of the story arc". This doesn't exclude the possibility of more games. The story arc is ended; The war with the Covenant is over, Truth is dead, there's no more Flood. That's what the story was all about. However, a new story arc may be started, with a new battle to fight. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. If Bungie does as well as they did this time, (which, let me remind you, is still a good possibility, especially without Microsoft pressing them as they did with Halo 2,) it could very well be a good game. Here's to hoping.

Jay2645
October 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
The Flood are not completely destroyed, there are still 6 installations with Flood on them.
The Brutes could not ALL have been killed, they have to have a home planet somewhere, not to mention they must have been needed elsewhere as well, and I would imagine the remainder are pretty pissed off.

TeeKup
October 8th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I think it's an extremely safe assumption that there's another one coming...

...because of the cliffhanger ending on Legendary.

I don't know why I have to keep saying that.

Also, the only thing Bungie has said that even comes close to "no more Halo" is that "Halo 3 is the end of the story arc". This doesn't exclude the possibility of more games. The story arc is ended; The war with the Covenant is over, Truth is dead, there's no more Flood. That's what the story was all about. However, a new story arc may be started, with a new battle to fight. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. If Bungie does as well as they did this time, (which, let me remind you, is still a good possibility, especially without Microsoft pressing them as they did with Halo 2,) it could very well be a good game. Here's to hoping.

I certainly have my hopes up. If UNSC decides to find the Master Chief it could be the year 2783 for all we know, by this time a new war could have started. I'll certainly have my hopes up.

343guiltymc
October 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I certainly have my hopes up. If UNSC decides to find the Master Chief it could be the year 2783 for all we know, by this time a new war could have started. I'll certainly have my hopes up.
Oh god no........Come on it's a decent ending, let it die already. I've had enough of the ads, the shiity drinks, and promotion videos. All for a game that only has nine single player missions. Just..let..it...die....:mad:

ExAm
October 8th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Oh god no........Come on it's a decent ending, let it die already. I've had enough of the ads, the shiity drinks, and promotion videos. All for a game that only has nine single player missions. Just..let..it...die....:mad:IT'S A CLIFFHANGER ENDING, FOR THE LAST TIME. YOU DON'T END ON A CLIFFHANGER ENDING, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A VERY POPULAR AND FAMOUS GAME DEVELOPER.

Jesus, if you've seen the Legendary ending, you'd know, if you haven't then go watch it and you'll understand. Please. I don't care if you're fond of games that take 48 hours of straight play to complete. I thought it was plenty long enough. Ten hours is FINE BY ME.

Pooky
October 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I don't care if you're fond of games that take 48 hours of straight play to complete.

I am :awesome:

Feels more like you actually get your moneys worth out of it. I played Halo 3 at a friends house and concluded it's a waste of money to anyone without Live. We beat it on Legendary (with me never even having played it before)
in about 5 hours.

Vernancelet
October 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Mabey a different company will like they will for halo wars Which I agree that Bungie has stopped with making any more games.

ExAm
October 10th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Mabey a different company will like they will for halo wars Which I agree that Bungie has stopped with making any more games.PLEASE READ THE THREAD AND CLICK THE LINKS. THANK YOU.

X3RO SHIF7
October 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
i thinkt hey'll do a marathon

Warsaw
October 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Considering that Marathon takes place after Halo, that Halo takes place in a blank spot in Marathon's time-line, and that an original Bungie employee who left after Halo 1 said that the Marathon character and the Master Chief are the same character (Game Informer, August issue I think, info is up for debate)...I have to go with Marathon redux.

What I would like, however, is a pre-Fall of Reach game where you play as an early Mk. IV Spartan II or an ODST, in a game similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas, without all the annoying encounters and bugs, and a co-op that doesn't freeze. Also with a better command system for your squad, who will not be total idiots.

Jay2645
October 13th, 2007, 10:33 PM
You mean like the command system implemented in the game Star Wars: Republic Commando?

Warsaw
October 20th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Only with better friendly AI and a cover system similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas. The healing system from Republic Commando would be good too.

ICEE
October 21st, 2007, 05:55 PM
if they make a halo 4 it will kill the series. superman 4 killed that series, so i figure this is mostly the same. END THE STORY WHEN IT ENDS, dont bring it back, because it will never be as good

Huero
October 21st, 2007, 06:01 PM
Jason Jones was just being a dick.
First of all, he was a cyborg in that marathon; master chief is human, albeit with a chemically enhanced body.
Plus, he's wearing Mk IV armor in Marathon.
So either they're just in similar universes, or it happens before.

Or they redo certain parts of the story to fit the halo universe <_<

Skiiran
October 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM
if they make a halo 4 it will kill the series. superman 4 killed that series, so i figure this is mostly the same. END THE STORY WHEN IT ENDS, dont bring it back, because it will never be as good
On a technicality LOTR: Return of the King is the fourth part of that series. What now?

Dr Nick
October 21st, 2007, 07:42 PM
Or maybe, they could wait 20 years, and start anew with a story the Halos, like the start of fighting the elites!

/forcewithyou
lul

ExAm
October 22nd, 2007, 01:14 AM
if they make a halo 4 it will kill the series. superman 4 killed that series, so i figure this is mostly the same. END THE STORY WHEN IT ENDS, dont bring it back, because it will never be as goodFor the last time, IT ISN'T OVER. Did you even bother to read countless posts about what's seen in the Legendary ending? Did you even bother to watch it at all? You don't end a series by indicating in the ending that there will be more!

Dr Nick
October 22nd, 2007, 06:54 AM
You must spread some more rep around before giving it to ExAm again... :<

Also thanks for clearing that up, they did teach writing in school, but not that part.

Fucking bastards...

ExAm
October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
To others, that would look way out of context. A PM would have done nicely. :P