PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] I has a question

Con
October 3rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
skullz, what do we do to unlock them once we've found them. I've heard people saying that you have to take the skull to the end of the level with you...can you drop it? I want to be informed for when I go on the hunt for skullz once I get the game.

Skiiran
October 3rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
skullz, what do we do to unlock them once we've found them. I've heard people saying that you have to take the skull to the end of the level with you...can you drop it? I want to be informed for when I go on the hunt for skullz once I get the game.
You just pick it up, and the next time you set up a game to play, press X.

Xetsuei
October 3rd, 2007, 11:23 PM

No you don't have to take it to the end of the level with you, infact you can just quit the level and still have it.

Sever
October 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
Many people (myself included) have multiple profiles set up to where you only need to load up the (skull name here) profile and walk a few feet to get the (skull name) skull.

Con
October 3rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
why don't you just unlock them all on one profile and select the ones you want when you start the level, or can you not do that?

Sever
October 3rd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Oh yeah, this is Halo 3 oops. Yes, you can just unlock them on one profile. In Halo 2, one would create multiple profiles and save at the latest checkpoint before the skull. But this is not the Halo 2 section. I feel like a lolfool.

Jay2645
October 3rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
I unlocked all the Silver skulls today!
Lol, I like the IWHBYD Skull and the Grunt Birthday Party Skull.
*Grunt's head explodes in a shower of confetti that somehow kills the other grunts around it (Grunts are allergic to confetti?)*
Children: YAY!!!!!

*MC dies*
Children: Awww...

And the IWHBYD Skull, for some classic grunt comedy.
"Can I be your friend?"
"KAMIKAZE!"
"THAT WAS MY BROTHER YOU BASTARD!"
"He was my best friend!"

ExAm
October 4th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I unlocked all the Silver skulls today!
Lol, I like the IWHBYD Skull and the Grunt Birthday Party Skull.
*Grunt's head explodes in a shower of confetti that somehow kills the other grunts around it (Grunts are allergic to confetti?)*
Children: YAY!!!!!

*MC dies*
Children: Awww...

And the IWHBYD Skull, for some classic grunt comedy.
"Can I be your friend?"
"KAMIKAZE!"
"THAT WAS MY BROTHER YOU BASTARD!"
"He was my best friend!"They say that without the IWHBYD skull...

Con
October 4th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Ok, so I can just pick up a skull and it automatically adds that one to my profile for use at any time? Nothing more to it?

Jay2645
October 4th, 2007, 12:12 AM
As long as you get a checkpoint after getting it, yes.

They do?
Then what does the IWHBYD Skull do?

Kornman00
October 4th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Then what does the IWHBYD Skull do?
gets u preggers

ExAm
October 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Gives you the Hayabusa armor.

MNC
October 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Lawl, and we went through all the trouble to carry the skull to the end.

Jay2645
October 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I mean BESIDES give me the armor, I haven't unlocked the other skulls yet (8/13, all silver skulls, 4 Gold), so I haven't gotten anything besides the chestplate.

Stealth
October 5th, 2007, 01:53 AM
What does the IWHBYD? (http://www.halo3planet.com/iwhbyd-skull-effects/)
I don't know about you, but when I go to work, I want a ton of Marines shouting "For Spartaaaa!” or, "This is Spartaaaa!"
"Stealth, how the fuck do you know this, you're stupid, you don't know any thing."
I tend to ask the right things to the right people. (http://www.halo3planet.com/) or should I say "the wrong things" cause I wasn't looking for what the iwhbyd does in Halo 3, I was trying to find out what the hell it does in Halo 2. >.>

n00b1n8R
October 5th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Oh yeah, this is Halo 3 oops. Yes, you can just unlock them on one profile. In Halo 2, one would create multiple profiles and save at the latest checkpoint before the skull. But this is not the Halo 2 section. I feel like a lolfool.

but then you'd have to get to each of those levels on those accounts :/

or can levels be unlocked for new accounts on co-op?
if so I'm gona go do that >.>

Sever
October 5th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Yeah, just have your friend play your account and create a new one named after each hard-to-reach skull (remember that it must be on Legeandary, so factor that into hard-to-reach) and always save at the checkpoint before the skull. Then, when you wish to retrieve said skull, load up the account, grab the skull, and quit. Its effects will be active for everyone, and your accounts will still be reusable.

This is for Halo 2. In Halo 3, this is not necessary. Before each game, you have a switchboard of all the collected skulls of all the active players that you may activate with a single click.