PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Cowbells.

TeeKup
October 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Has anyone found the Cowbell skull yet? I have all of them except that one. I looked ALL over in "The Ark" and I couldn't find it.

OmegaDragon
October 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I know nothing about the skulls in Halo 3, but have you tried using this method (http://www.halo3planet.com/halo-3-skull-locations/cowbell-skull/)?

TeeKup
October 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Wow that actually helps. I read the one over at Gamg FAQ's and it was confusing as hell.

Also I activated all 8 Terminals and I didn't get the achievment. Wtf?

Saggy
October 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Wow that actually helps. I read the one over at Gamg FAQ's and it was confusing as hell.

Make sure you flip through the pages and stay at the terminals long enough until they turn red and freak out. Then flip through the next few pages until you see //FRAGMENT ENDS

Note that two terminals don't say //FRAGMENT ENDS, the one on Halo (Keep reading until you see something about you not being worthy) and the second one on The Covenant (not sure what it says). Also, you do NOT need to access the one on Cortana, I have no clue what that one does.

JDMFSeanP
October 4th, 2007, 07:30 PM

One problem, theres only 7 terminals.

Sever
October 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Wrong. There's one on Cortana, but it has no gamerscore effect.

flibitijibibo
October 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
You probably didn't wait for the fragments for one of them. Just tear through the levels on easy and try again, that's what I did XP.

Speaking of skulls, I wish I spent some time on the interwebs, I found the IWHBYD skull like the day after H3's release. The 7 projected rings are a b minor scale, haha.

Emmzee
October 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
http://seoblog.intrapromote.com/more_cowbell.jpg

ExAm
October 4th, 2007, 08:41 PM
The cowbell skull does something different than it did in Halo 2. It makes explosions bigger this time around.

TeeKup
October 4th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Ah I see!

Thanks for that info.

Also I'm apparently doing something wrong about getting the IWHBYD skull. I let the cutscene play and I jump through the right order, however the skull doesnt spawn. Any more help. <.>?

Ok wow, so far I found a total of 3 combinations to use, supposedly.

4 6 5 4 5 3 4

4 5 6 5 7 6 5 4 1 2 3 2 7 2 1 3 4 6 7 5 4 6 5 4 5 3 4

1 3 4 6 7 5 4 6 5 4 5 3 4

So which one is it. :x

IPBJT!
October 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Ah I see!

Thanks for that info.

Also I'm apparently doing something wrong about getting the IWHBYD skull. I let the cutscene play and I jump through the right order, however the skull doesnt spawn. Any more help. <.>?

Ok wow, so far I found a total of 3 combinations to use, supposedly.

4 6 5 4 5 3 4

4 5 6 5 7 6 5 4 1 2 3 2 7 2 1 3 4 6 7 5 4 6 5 4 5 3 4

1 3 4 6 7 5 4 6 5 4 5 3 4

So which one is it. :x
I'm not quite sure but I think it's the second one. Also, you may need to do it after Truth dies and all the Floods are gone before jumping through the rings.

Dal
October 4th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Kill Truth first, then go with the last one you posted (134...)

flibitijibibo
October 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
It's 4 6 5 4 5 3 4. If you listen to the hum of these projectors, it makes the notes E G F# E F# D E, which is the end of the Halo theme. That's how I figured it out so quickly. =D

TeeKup
October 5th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Still not working, going to try the really long one.

ExAm
October 5th, 2007, 05:20 PM
You have to do this on Legendary, right?

TeeKup
October 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
No, Normal, Heroic, or legendary. Legendary isn't a necessity.

PlasbianX
October 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
You have to do it AFTER you kill ALL flood and the prophet is dead. And you only have to do the last 7 numbers.

Skiiran
October 6th, 2007, 01:14 AM
You have to do it AFTER you kill ALL flood and the prophet is dead. And you only have to do the last 7 numbers.
Sometimes you will have to just dick around or do the sequence repeatedly, too. (that is the ONLY way my friends and I got it today, by doing the sequence thrice and dicking around)

PlasbianX
October 6th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Sometimes you will have to just dick around or do the sequence repeatedly, too. (that is the ONLY way my friends and I got it today, by doing the sequence thrice and dicking around)

Ive unlocked the skull 9 times now for people on my friends list now. Only 1 person can jump through them, or it messes up the order. Also, if you do happen to make a mistake, just start over at the first one.

Pooky
October 6th, 2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.magictails.com/abydos/images/mid-east/percussion/large/cowbells.jpg

SL1CK1337
October 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Make sure you are starting at the beggining of the level not a rally point, If you are starting from a rally point it wont work. I found that when i jump, crouched through the rings it worked. This is the order i used 4 6 5 4 5 3 4 and it always works.

Jelly
October 6th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Make sure you jump THROUGH the rings, and not through the edges.

Random
October 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
kD8LPi72iZo

Caboos001
October 8th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Aw you beat me to the post Random. Yeah the cowbell skull is a pain in the ass to get. That video just shows the spot you will need to find it however there are things you need to do before hand otherwise if you miss the first time you're going to need to restart the level.

Ok first get to the part of the level, "The Ark" where you need to destroy the scarab. Destroy the Scarab or do whatever to it, does not really matter. Now go into the structure, which is by where you fight the scarab (not the main stricture where you continue the level but the one alone and out in the open). In this structure you should find a few grunts with fuel rod cannons and a small pile of grav lifts. Grab a lift and try not to be blown to bits by the little guys.

Once you get the lift continue on with the level and enter the main structure. A few rooms down you will enter the ramps shown in the above video. You should hit a checkpoint when you get there so make sure you have that gave lift with you so you can just kill your self and keep trying when you miss. It can be pretty challenging really, took me about 13 tries.

HDoan
October 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I just grabbed a gravity lift and a brute shot, dropped the lift on the bottom and used the brute shot for a extra boost, took me 2 tries.

PlasbianX
October 8th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Took me 1 try. Really isnt that hard that people make it out to be.

TeeKup
October 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ok this is seriously pissing me off. The IWHBYD skull won't spawn. I swear I did everything, all the flood are dead, all cinematics I let play, I jumped in the right order. It. won't. spawn.

Jay2645
October 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Did you start from the beginning of the mission, and not a Rally Point?

But yeah, that Cowbell is a pain in the ass to get. Took me 3 tries, plus I accidentally missed it once (Went almost all the way through the level before I turned back) due to an inaccurate Halopedia description.

Fun to use, though. Who DOESN'T want to make huge KABOOM!s whenever they throw a grenade?
Works against you, too, though...

t3h m00kz
October 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Wrong. There's one on Cortana, but it has no gamerscore effect.

Actually me and my room mate found another one on The Ark that we never saw before, never read before either. This was after we had the achievement.

TeeKup
October 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Did you start from the beginning of the mission, and not a Rally Point?

But yeah, that Cowbell is a pain in the ass to get. Took me 3 tries, plus I accidentally missed it once (Went almost all the way through the level before I turned back) due to an inaccurate Halopedia description.

Fun to use, though. Who DOESN'T want to make huge KABOOM!s whenever they throw a grenade?
Works against you, too, though...

I ALWAYS start from the beginning.

Jay2645
October 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Hmm...
Could it be you aren't clearing the rings? Maybe you didn't jump high enough and missed?

TeeKup
October 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Thats what i'm thinking, I'm going to try again to make sure I'm clearing the rings.

ICEE
October 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
k, i didnt read all of the posts, so someone may have said this already... but for cowbell:

at the ark, where you kill the scarab, youll see a big ramp thing in the middle of the desert. go under it and grab a grav-lift. now go inside the structure your supposed to go in to finish the level (the spire i think it is called). now continue, until you find a staircase room, right after a room with explosive crates. on the landing of the stairs, there are four platforms (above you). use the gravity lift to get all the way to the top one and voila. cowbell. mooooooooooooooo

i had trouble reaching the top, so try using the grav lift on a higher section of the ramp and crouching when you reach the top.

Jay2645
October 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Someone got to it before you, Clad.

Random
October 8th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Ok this is seriously pissing me off. The IWHBYD skull won't spawn. I swear I did everything, all the flood are dead, all cinematics I let play, I jumped in the right order. It. won't. spawn.

Just keep trying, you know when the skull spawns when the rings start glowing very brightly. I tried like 6 times, the time it worked I looked down to see if I cleared the ring. It worked that time so I guess that I wasn't jumping right in the first 5 attempts.

Jay2645
October 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I got mine right first try.
I ALMOST messed up, saved myself though.

ExAm
October 9th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I got mine right first try.
I ALMOST messed up, saved myself though.Same here, and even before I had finished the number combination I was looking at. When you grab the skull, it plays the tune that you effectively play by jumping through the rings. Also, I've had it on for quite some time, but I haven't heard any new dialogue whatsoever. Is it broken? :/

TeeKup
October 9th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I must have a defective game or something, I tried all 3 combinations and it didn't work, all the flood were dead, I cleared the rings.

Jay2645
October 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Same here, and even before I had finished the number combination I was looking at. When you grab the skull, it plays the tune that you effectively play by jumping through the rings. Also, I've had it on for quite some time, but I haven't heard any new dialogue whatsoever. Is it broken? :/
It's not broken, play "Arrival" (Yes, the cutscene level) and there's something new Sargent Johnson says.
I've heard then new stuff before in combat as well, but it's rare. And sometimes it's more then just sounds, too.
Marines yell "FOR SPARTAAAA!!!" when going into combat occasionally, and once I saw a marine knock the armor off of a Brute. This was the conversation between the Brute and Marine that followed:
Brute: "THIS IS MADNESS!"
Marine: "Madness?" (I think you can see where this is going...) "THIS IS SPARTA!" *Kicks Brute and kills him*
I couldn't believe I saw the Marine do that, lol. It was :awesome:.

ExAm
October 10th, 2007, 01:04 AM
So far, I have heard some new dialogue, but not much:

Monitor: Oh, is there a Blue Light Special, then?
Monitor: I wish I had lips, then I could whistle!
Brute: HE WAS MY LOVER!
Marine: C- Can you see them too? (as in, spirits or something)

Haven't heard much else.

I must have a defective game or something, I tried all 3 combinations and it didn't work, all the flood were dead, I cleared the rings.
Did you start from the light bridge side or the elevator side? Start at the elevator.

Jay2645
October 10th, 2007, 01:07 AM

Funny, I heard that today, too.
When I first heard it, I was like, "WHAT THE HELL??".

TeeKup
October 10th, 2007, 08:54 AM
So far, I have heard some new dialogue, but not much:

Monitor: Oh, is there a Blue Light Special, then?
Monitor: I wish I had lips, then I could whistle!
Marine: C- Can you see them too? (as in, spirits or something)

Haven't heard much else.

Did you start from the light bridge side or the elevator side? Start at the elevator.

Oh thats hilarious, I've been doing it backwards.

ExAm
October 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah. The instructions say, battle to Truth, (elevator->control station) then defeat the Flood, (control station->elevator) then do the combination (You're at the elevator. Might as well start there, right?). :downs:

Jay2645
October 11th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Lol, listen to the final battle with 343 GS with the skull turned on.
I heard him say this:
"Ow! That hurt my feelings! Oh my God, I have feelings?! I'm a real boy!"

Huero
October 11th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Marine - "We don't take Visa!"

ExAm
October 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Lol, listen to the final battle with 343 GS with the skull turned on.
I heard him say this:
"Ow! That hurt my feelings! Oh my God, I have feelings?! I'm a real boy!"I started a new one with IWHBYD on, on Arrival, but Johnson didn't mention his cigar brand. I still think mine's kinda broken-ish, because it's not increasing the frequency of the rarer lines enough.

Jay2645
October 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
He does say it... Sometimes.
Not always. Just sometimes.
One day you could be playing and there is nothing different. Other days you could be playing, and there is new-ness everywhere.

For instance, today Johnson said nothing more "Then [the Brutes] must love the smell of Heroes." Yesterday, he said, "I left a little... Present for you, Arbiter. Heh heh." (I don't get it either.)