PDA

View Full Version : Some of the UVW mapping in Max not exporting...

Inferno
October 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM
More of less ive got the UVW map done for backslash. and i exported and did light maps and... the UV's aren't correct :mad: i think its not exporting part of my UV's cause i used the cropping option in the material editor to breakdown Large multi textures into multiple parts. pictures show what i mean.

http://www.freewebs.com/infernosk8terstuff/rtardeduvw.JPG

Help? the whole map is textured useing cropping pretty much... so this fucking up means me haveing to do alot of work to breakdown the textures into seperate bitmaps and create new shaders for all of them.......

Tweek
October 4th, 2007, 04:08 PM
no, you just have to UV it. that function is actually display-only, it doesn't get into the UV coordinates.
you're just going to have to do the job again, the proper way.

LlamaMaster
October 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I've made this mistake before to. It sucks, nothing is as easy as you would hope it would be....

Tweek
October 4th, 2007, 04:25 PM
you wouldn't be making these stupid mistakes if you bothered to even read the tutorial that came with the HEK.

Inferno
October 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM
you mean 100 or so page tutorial i read a year ago? kind of hard to remember all of that:rolleyes:

but i remember them saying something about this but i had no idea were so i posted here.
i guess im just going to break up the large textures into multi-textures so i dont have to spend another 3 hours uvw mapping

Tweek
October 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
why. you're going to have to unwrap it all ANYWAY!

no need to take the effort to cut up the textures when there's no need to do that, you're only making it more hard for yourself.

also, if you only spent 3 hours on it, consider yourself MEGA FAST man.
either that or your map is waay low poly and you barely have anythign to unwrap anyway.

also, if you are going to do the EXACT same thing again, wich obviously didn't work before, don't you think you're being a BIT fucking dumb?

Inferno
October 4th, 2007, 06:09 PM
dude i meant cut up the textures like literally take the big textures i used and break them all up into separate tif's and create a whole bunch of new shader_environments for them.

the map is pretty small and im not sure if it was exactly 3 hours... that was a guess. more like 5 1/2 i think.
also, why are you being a ass hole about this?

Tweek
October 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM
dude i meant cut up the textures like literally take the big textures i used and break them all up into separate tif's and create a whole bunch of new shader_environments for them.

yeah, that would be considered very stupid.

why would you want to do that?
explain that to me.

also, read my sig.

Chewy Gumball
October 4th, 2007, 06:31 PM
When you unwrap the model you are telling which part of the texture goes on which face. You don't have to use up the full texture, but you can, and you can also make it appear more than once on the same face.

Inferno
October 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
can i telll which part of the texture goes on multiple faces. or do i have to do it all face by face.

Chewy Gumball
October 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
You get a 2d representation of the whole model you can manipulate in anyway you want. The limitation is that you cannot put one part of a texture on a face and then have a completely separate part of the same texture on the same face. That shouldn't really be a problem though.