PDA

View Full Version : Existing models and keeping skin

Kiwibird
October 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'd like to use existing models from the game and use it in 3DS Max and put different heads on it, for my own use. I was wondering, how would preserve the textures on the model when I import/export. I'm not a very good skinner, so it wouldn't come out to good. So how would I do this? Thanks.

Inferno
October 5th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I'd like to use existing models from the game and use it in 3DS Max and put different heads on it, for my own use. I was wondering, how would preserve the textures on the model when I import/export. I'm not a very good skinner, so it wouldn't come out to good. So how would I do this? Thanks.
ummm..... im not one to critisize other peoples grammar but... holy shit you right like a 1st grader...

from what you said i guess your saying you want to import halo models into max and have the UV's not crap out. you can do that with the ghosts GBX model importer and after you import just apply the texture of the weapon to the model and its textured and it has correct UV's.

Roostervier
October 5th, 2007, 07:54 PM
ummm..... im not one to critisize other peoples grammar but... holy shit you right like a 1st grader...

from what you said i guess your saying you want to import halo models into max and have the UV's not crap out. you can do that with the ghosts GBX model importer and after you import just apply the texture of the weapon to the model and its textured and it has correct UV's.
Your grammar is of the same quality, I am afraid. At least he uses capitalization. <_<

Anyway, sounds like you want to take a model, select the faces for the head, hit detach, and delete the old head. Then, you'd do the same with another model, but delete the body instead. You could then stitch the head on how you like, and as long as it has a different material ID it should have the same UVs and bitmap as it did before.

PenGuin1362
October 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM
kiwi you silly bird. ask me i have what ya need.

flightless fo life!

Kiwibird
October 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
The reason that was so horribly written is because I had about 30 seconds to write it. I had to leave for a hair appointment :p

Anyway, thanks for exactly what I needed. I'll be sure to ask you next time, Penguin.

PenGuin1362
October 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM
you right like a 1st grader...

:XD::XD::XD::XD:

the irony.