PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Maps you want remade for Halo 3

Boba
October 6th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I guess it's a little late in development to be discussing this, but we could always hope for future map packs. I personally want Headlong and Terminal. Post what you would like to see in the future.

Pooky
October 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Chill Out and Sidewinder (with shield doors on the bases so you can't get ghosts in there).

Chromide
October 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Boarding Action

Warsaw
October 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Sidewinder, Rat Race, Wizard, and everybody's favorite: Chiron :downs:.

Pooky
October 6th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Sidewinder, Rat Race, Wizard, and everybody's favorite: Chiron :downs:.

Chiron would be my favorite if the rooms were seperate floating platforms linked by man cannons.

TPE
October 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
AngelofDeathMG asks,
Is there any way that we will ever be able to play as a grunt? Like a covenant playlist where you could choose to be brute, jackal, grunt, and your start equip based on rank? also, will any classical map be returning?

Nope. We're only remaking Chiron and we're doing, night time, daytime and dusk versions of it.
:o (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12834)

IPBJT!
October 6th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Sidewinder, Terminal, Headlong, Chiron, Boarding Action. Can't think of any other for the moment.

Jay2645
October 6th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Bungie has said that the map pack in the works includes Chrion. No other older maps are in development.

EDIT: Lol, I missed the post 2 above mine.

Skiiran
October 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to have one of the Elite permutations to actually be a Brute?

Timo
October 6th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Bungie has said that the map pack in the works includes Chrion. No other older maps are in development.

I think you'll find that they were joking D: A remake of Sidewinder would be awesome, as long as they blocked vehicle access to the bases, like Fried said.

Pooky
October 6th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to have one of the Elite permutations to actually be a Brute?

Yes, because then you could mix and match a brute head with elite armor, and since there are no leg permutations you could even have an elite head and legs and a brute torso. :(

DrunkenSamus
October 7th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Timberland, for suuuure. The Mongoose will so fit in.

Xetsuei
October 7th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Timberland, Chiron, Warlock, Ratrace.

Flyboy
October 7th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Death Island.

Boba
October 7th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I think it would look rather awkward; the helmet is not made for a creature with mandibles.

On the topic about armor permutations, I think it would be cool to add the curve-helmeted elite (http://halouvre.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2582&g2_serialNumber=1&%7D) from h1, but reworked and refined as much as the combat armor. Another possibility is the Honor Guard (http://halouvre.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3890&g2_serialNumber=1&%7D) helmet, only without the large spires on the top.

n00b1n8R
October 7th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Damnation.
with good FPS kthnx.

StankBacon
October 7th, 2007, 03:21 AM
sidewinder, danger canyon.

n00b1n8R
October 7th, 2007, 03:31 AM
also timberland ftw.
death island if they want another vehicle map.

Hunter
October 7th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Halo 1 bloodgulch, but defintly no spartan laser in there lol. And defintly Death Island, with the Halo 3 water and stuff.

DaneO'Roo
October 7th, 2007, 03:54 AM
sidewinder, danger canyon.

ifawtp

Also, Chiron and Chill Out

Caboos001
October 7th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Danger canyon, timberland, and ice fields

Четка.
October 7th, 2007, 04:27 AM
I think danger canyon and icefields too, but mabey not timberland.

p0lar_bear
October 7th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Yoyorast. :downs:

PlasbianX
October 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Burial Mounds - Level would be around the area where High Charity crashed into Earth.

Containment - Would look sorta like valhalla, or the last level of campaign.

Turf - We need another city map. Could be a variant with a section thats flood infested.

Backwash - I want another flood infested map :<

DeathIsland - Could look like the normal island, with views of the 3 structures that control the barrier in campaign off in the distance.

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Timberland was already remade as Containment. I am 100&#37; assured that this is true. Anyone who has the map pack disc can watch the behind-the-scenes/making-of video for proof.

Also, Chill out, Damnation, Timberland (NOT Containment), Ascension, Lockout, and of course Terminal. I live on Terminal in H2.

PlasbianX
October 7th, 2007, 09:17 AM
How the hell does timberland resemble containment at ALL? Ones full of trees, ones an open map with 2 structures >_>

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Its the same way that Elongation is a remake of Longest. Completely new setting, completely new concepts in some areas, H2 capabilities not existant in H1, and other stuff like that. The gates on containment are made to mirror the giant hills on Timberland. The side paths take the place of the trees, providing infantry cover. The central creek is replaced by the gully, and still gives some obstacles to vehicle passage. The general layout was made to be less centralized and require more teamwork to be successful in achieving victory. I'm not saying that the map was a good idea, I'm just telling it how it is. I would love to see a remake of Timberland somewhere along the line, but I personally despise Containment.

Terry
October 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM
1. Danger canyon sans the OS+Sniper placement. The new balanced FRG and rockets would actually be fun on that map. It was the only real "heavies" map and if you knew your tricks, it was mad fun and required quite some thinking. Definitely has the scale and feel to it to be a Halo 3 map.

2. Chillout would be awesome too, to me it looks like a slightly larger version of it with some small complexity additions could prove to work well on the engine.

3. Sidwinder is a given. That map was always fun when people were working together. Ghosting in the tunnels with OS and Invisi was always amazingly fun. As much as I hated capping, I always went for it in SW.

4. Timberland... That map, with just a little scale increase, is just perfect. I wouldn't even change any of the placements.

5. Damnation has the gameplay for a halo 3 map. Although, I'd make the FRG a little farther away from the red base and possible make the rocket more easily accessible to the red base.

Neuro Guro
October 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
-

DrunkenSamus
October 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Death Island.

Wow, How could I forget that? In Halo 3, it will look like the most beautiful map on this planet.

Also, Schwinnz. Yes...Schwinnz.(Not sure if I spelled it right, too lazy to check)

jngrow
October 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Death Island would be perfect.

Pooky
October 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, How could I forget that? In Halo 3, it will look like the most beautiful map on this planet.

the teleporters in the bases that send you on top should be changed into grav lifts though >:U

TeeKup
October 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Sidewinder,Prisoner, Death Island, Timberland, and Ice Fields. :)

Archon23
October 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
FissureFall. Yes. A custom edition map.

In that case I want to see Olympus Mons. :awesome:

Now if we're talking regular stock maps. Danger Canyon, Sidewinder, Chilon, Timberland, and Ice Fields.

MithosK
October 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
AotCR

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Wait, what?

Syuusuke
October 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
AotCR-Assault on the Control Room, one of the levels in Halo 1...

There was a CE map for that =P but I think they want to keep it to stock Halo maps?-the originals.

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I know what AotCR is, I just want to know WHY it was suggested to be remade as a H3 multiplayer map, seeing that it is a H1 singleplayer map. I am kinda confused now.

Unggoy
October 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
All of the previous Halo maps!!! (You can never have to many maps)
Maybe something like Snow grove to.

m13120
October 7th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Wartorn cove would be beautiful. Also gephyrophobia. Possibly infinity?:awesome:

Kornman00
October 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
tutorial :downs:

No, srsly, Danger Canyon. If I had a choice of ONE map, it would be DC, straight up. Or The Engine Room :downs:

DaneO'Roo
October 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Why the fuck are people saying Death Island. Thats a horrible map.

Pooky
October 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Why the fuck are people saying Death Island. Thats a horrible map.
Oh, I guess you'd prefer Gulch. :downs:

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Danger Canyon doesn't have enough detail to be a good H3 map. It needs more to it other than straight hallways and hilly terrain. Its a great H1 map, but would need a total revamp for H3.

Also, Death Island IS a horrible map. Its nothing but a downgraded version of TSC, and completely lacks anything reminiscent to the awesomeness of the campaign level other than copying some of the architecture and scenery. The fact that most of the combat is done above the beach area completely trashed the map. The point of TSC was to have a beach assault with multiple ways through and around the island, not above the island.

Edit: Yes, we would prefer Blood Gulch. Coagulation is shit, with its easier-to-assault bases, heavy reliance on vehicle combat, and retracted teleporter exits. Nobody even bothers with the front and back doors, due to the fact that the gravity lifts put you right on the flag with a quick escape hole right in front of you. Most of the fights on Blood Gulch between a Warthog and a Spartan on foot are fair fights. On Coagulation, you are almost required to use vehicles. The lack of an awesome shotgun in H2 also gives infantry a limited chance of survival. On Blood Gulch, I always grab a shotgun before heading into battle, and I usually take out two or three vehicles (including Banshees) with it on a normal run. On Coagulation, there are no effective anti-vehicle weapons located in or around either of the bases, only a Rocket Launcher in the middle and Brute Shots way off to the sides. Also, the hills and valleys are much shallower, thus offering much less cover for infantry, and much more mobility for vehicles. Finally, the teleporter exits are pulled back much further from the central combat area, and placed on hills, which does not tempt one to use them. They fail to put you back into the fray, while succeed at putting you into snipers' lines of sight, and eventually their cross hairs. I despise whenever anyone suggests to play on that horrid map.

Pooky
October 7th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I could argue that Danger Canyon was a horrible map since hardly anyone ever actually goes through the canyon (even though the point of the map was obviously the canyon), but a lot of people seem to like it anyway.

Sever
October 7th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I always go through the canyon... You just have to know how to maneuver and use the hand-brake to not flip or fishtail.

One time (One Flag Assault CTF, 5 minute timer, timer now at zero and the flag in my possession), my whole Warthog team (3 hogs) was assaulted, and I was the only one left alive. I quickly ducked behind a HUGE rock (still in my hog) and hid the best I could. The surviving enemy hogs (two of 'em) went further down the canyon in search for more targets, while I drove back out and scored the winning point. It was lolsome.

If a H3 (or even H2) version of Danger Canyon is remade, there needs to be a LOT of detail and cover (large enough for a vehicle) in the two side areas of the canyon. The middle should still be quite open and accessible, and the far wall teleporter should be dual-directional, or replaced with a gravity lift.

MithosK
October 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I know what AotCR is, I just want to know WHY it was suggested to be remade as a H3 multiplayer map, seeing that it is a H1 singleplayer map. I am kinda confused now.
I'm sorry, I could have sworn the topic was called "Maps you want remade for Halo 3" not "Multiplayer maps you want remade for Halo 3"

After the last level of Halo 3, I really want to see AotCR remade

Pooky
October 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah me too, cause I want to run through the same damn room followed by the same damn bridge 100 times all over again...

Kornman00
October 8th, 2007, 04:26 AM
also, cocks

n00b1n8R
October 8th, 2007, 05:26 AM
tutorial :downs:

No, srsly, Danger Canyon. If I had a choice of ONE map, it would be DC, straight up. Or The Engine Room :downs:

wait, CE maps?

Launch Bay X FTMFW.

PlasbianX
October 8th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Pen Island mb? ;o

Any of Nitro's maps would be cool if they did a CE -> h3 remake :<

Vernancelet
October 9th, 2007, 05:59 PM
How about good old Blood Gulch and mabey coagulation. :)

X3RO SHIF7
October 9th, 2007, 08:32 PM
sidewinder/bloodgulch

Xegrot
October 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Death Island, a slightly larger Timberland, definately Sidewinder, Damnation, and maybe Infinity for H1, and for H2, Terminal and Burial Mounds.

t3h m00kz
October 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
How about they remake Isolation so it doesn't suck?

Flyboy
October 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
It would be cool if they took portent for a spin.

Digikid
October 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Yoyorast Island and Red Feather Ranch.

Con
October 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Death Island would make a great map if it wasn't so vehicle oriented. More paths and caves and tunnels through the middle of the island with some security shafts would do the job and help balance gameplay.

Pooky
October 12th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Death Island would make a great map if it wasn't so vehicle oriented. More paths and caves and tunnels through the middle of the island with some security shafts would do the job and help balance gameplay.

and if the top of the island wasn't a hellfire of pistol spam cause there's virtually no cover...

there's room for improvement in the map which is exactly why it would be a good map to remake

Dr Nick
October 12th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Sidewinder, Snow_Grove, and basically any really small, balanced map.

Keep it close-quarters.

Amit
October 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
1. Timberland
2. Infinity
3. Danger Canyon
4. Hang 'em High H3 Style
5. Rat Race
6. Boarding Action(imagine the actual inspace action!)
7. Sidewinder
8. Terminal
9. Damnation
10. Prisoner
11. Add Warlock(make minor changes for H3)
12. Wizard
13. Death Island( with major changes to balance gameplay; vehicles, weapons, etc.)

Pooky
October 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM
11. Add Warlock(make minor changes for H3)
12. Wizard

Uh... they're the same map, warlock just has one tiny extra area and looks nicer

Amit
October 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Uh... they're the same map, warlock just has one tiny extra area and looks nicer

Actually they're not. I want to see the original enviornment of wizard(one big metal room) and the lush overgrown jungle of Warlock seperately. This is highly unlikely, though since it's impractical to remake both. In this case I would liek to see an even more polished Warlock because the breathtaking lighting is what got to me.

PlasbianX
October 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Actually they're not. I want to see the original enviornment of wizard(one big metal room) and the lush overgrown jungle of Warlock seperately. This is highly unlikely, though since it's impractical to remake both. In this case I would liek to see an even more polished Warlock because the breathtaking lighting is what got to me.

Uh actually, yea they are the same map, just with a different feel to them. Thats like sayings a donut isnt the same thing as a donut with sprinkles. They are BOTH donuts, one just has more on it.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 13th, 2007, 11:30 AM
how about....
we get the mombassa level form the h2 beta!
or
an actual remake of lockout not guardian ...

Boba
October 13th, 2007, 11:42 AM
...and the lush overgrown jungle of Warlock seperately.
Guardian.

Amit
October 13th, 2007, 12:01 PM
how about....
we get the mombassa level form the h2 beta!
or
an actual remake of lockout not guardian ...

I'd like that 2004 E3 Trailer map too and an actual remake of Lockout, as well.

Guardian.

Guardian isn't like wizard, though.

Hotrod
October 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
1. Death Island
2. Sidewinder
3. Timberland
4. New Mombassa (CE map)
5. Hang 'em High
6. Terminal
7. Chill Out
8. Hugeass (j\k)

Syuusuke
October 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM
All maps except for remakes of old maps =D

ExAm
October 13th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Infinity. That's a great map.

Con
October 13th, 2007, 05:18 PM
If they made infinity less sucky looking, sure. It would be a really heavily vehicle-oriented map though, as it is now. There's not a lot of ways to fix that unless they Played around the the bridge layout of the middle, maybe making that like a mini gephy bridge with a TP or two at each end leading to the bases.

Huero
October 13th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Ugh, I hate infinity.
I want a TRUE remake of timberland.

n00b1n8R
October 13th, 2007, 07:29 PM
death island with moar walking.

Warsaw
October 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM
A Forerunner themed Foundation.

Amit
October 13th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ugh, I hate infinity.
I want a TRUE remake of timberland.

I found infinity fun because of the intense battles that go on at the natural bridge crossover and at the same time they have the fights goin on at the big forerunner bases. That map was actually one of the largest, if not, the largest map in Halo PC. It even had overpasses where you could land a Banshee and snipe someone. Even though I played the map rarely, it's still my #5 favourite map. It's only good with all 16 players though.

Warsaw
October 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
It was the biggest map in all of Halo. There was a reason they never made a map of that magnitude again. Sandtrap is pretty big, nut not too big to the point where walking on foot takes you 10 minutes to get from point one side to the middle on the ground,

Jay2645
October 13th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I still liked the description:
"I imagined it would be bigger."

Amit
October 14th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I still liked the description:
"I imagined it would be bigger."

Is that for Sandtrap or Infinity, probably Sandtrap:(

Sever
October 14th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Infinity: "I imagined it would be bigger."
Sandtrap: "Although the Brute occupiers have been driven from this ancient structure, they left plenty to remember them by."

Amit
October 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Infinity: "I imagined it would be bigger."
Sandtrap: "Although the Brute occupiers have been driven from this ancient structure, they left plenty to remember them by."

Sounds good.

Elite Killa
October 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM
A remake of New Mombasa Classic (CE Map) would be the ultimate remake, imo.

Masterz1337
October 15th, 2007, 09:09 PM
^This man speaks the truth.

DrunkenSamus
October 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I want a remake of Zanzibar.:)

Sever
October 15th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Sounds good.

Those are the actual in-game snips of text by the way, not my own words. Just clarifying.

p0lar_bear
October 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM

Last Resort.

Amit
October 16th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Those are the actual in-game snips of text by the way, not my own words. Just clarifying.

I know that.

They would be making it worse if they ported Zanzibar to H3, they have Last Resort which is a lot better.

Huero
October 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Timberland
Launch Bay X
Immure
Grove

Amit
October 17th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I thought we were talking official maps.

Jay2645
October 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Let's get one thing clear:
Bungie will NEVER remake a HCE map. They may remake HCE weapons *CoughCough*Halo3FuelRodGun*CoughCough*, but not HCE maps. Many people approached them about maps such as Yoyorast Island, Yoyorast Island V2, Grove (Not Snow Grove, just Grove), and all sorts of other HCE maps, and they were all turned down.

So there will NOT be Halo CE maps remade for Halo 3, we're going to have to talk about official Bungie maps from H1 and H2.

Anyway, my personal list of maps to be remade:
Blood Gulch (NOT Coagulation)
Sidewinder
Hang Em' High OR Tombstone, I like both.
Desolation
Headlong
Chrion
Damnation
Beaver Creek
Terminal

Of course, I want some more original maps as well.

Archon23
October 18th, 2007, 07:45 PM
*CoughCough*Halo3FuelRodGun*CoughCough*

*Cough*Halo2FuelRodCannon*Cough*

Sever
October 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
*cough*H1GruntFuelRodGun*cough*

Fools.

Amit
October 18th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Let's get one thing clear:
Bungie will NEVER remake a HCE map. They may remake HCE weapons *CoughCough*Halo3FuelRodGun*CoughCough*, but not HCE maps. Many people approached them about maps such as Yoyorast Island, Yoyorast Island V2, Grove (Not Snow Grove, just Grove), and all sorts of other HCE maps, and they were all turned down.

So there will NOT be Halo CE maps remade for Halo 3, we're going to have to talk about official Bungie maps from H1 and H2.

Anyway, my personal list of maps to be remade:
Blood Gulch (NOT Coagulation)
Sidewinder
Hang Em' High OR Tombstone, I like both.
Desolation
Headlong
Chrion
Damnation
Beaver Creek
Terminal

Of course, I want some more original maps as well.

I'm not sure how they can get anymore original than that.

supersniper
October 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I would like to see Timberland but have it be a desert. An interesting concept. Basically it is a crash sight of a pelican and all the trees burned. The river will still be there but it will be barely flowing. That is my contribution.

Arteen
October 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Timberland was already remade as Containment. I am 100% assured that this is true. Anyone who has the map pack disc can watch the behind-the-scenes/making-of video for proof.
Are you sure they didn't say Ice Fields?

Also, Bungie needs to port Ice Fields. They should leave it essentially the same layout as it is already, but with a graphical upgrade and the necessary tweaks. Timberland, like others have said, would be awesome with Mongooses. I also love Danger Canyon, and if they do it right, an Infinity remake would be sweet. Sidewinder would be awesome too, as well as Damnation or Chill Out.

And for CE maps (not that it would ever happen) Fissure Fall and New Mombasa Classic.

Sever
October 19th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Yes, I am sure. It is definitely not a 80-100&#37; remake (Coagulation, Beaver Creek, Warlock), but still a remake nonetheless. Compare the gates on Containment to the base-hills on Timberland; the river to the trench (there's still an Overshield there also); the trees to the side-paths, gate-houses, and rocks. I could go on with the similarities, but its not necessary. The simple fact is that Containment is a remake of Timberland. Not the way we want it remade, but still a remake.

Huero
October 19th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I know it's a remake, but I mean a real remake, not a scaled down one on the inside of a building.
Also, I know they won't remake a CE map Jay, I'm not retarded.
I'm just saying maps that would be nice remade.

leonskey
October 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Make a Big freakin version of Sidewinder, with Galaiths and full vehicle support, and man-cannons and I'll purr like a kitten.

Huero
October 19th, 2007, 08:44 PM
What?
Goliath?

Digikid
October 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Ice fields was an excellent Halo 1 PC map.

Amit
October 20th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Ice fields was an excellent Halo 1 PC map.

It just needs less Ice. Maybe an Autumn variant would be nice.

Pooky
October 20th, 2007, 02:49 PM
It just needs less Ice. Maybe an Autumn variant would be nice.

And less heavy weapons in the most campable spot in the history of Halo.

TeeKup
October 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
And less heavy weapons in the most campable spot in the history of Halo.

Hah ha ha ha. I had great times taking, defending, losing then re-taking that bridge. Some of my most hilarious moments happened there, also my most embarassing. :-3

Elite Killa
October 25th, 2007, 08:55 PM
1. Rat Race with a theme like Crow's Nest.

2. Headlong with a theme similar to The Storm's theme.

3. Midship but with a flood-like theme or something like Cortana (level).

4. Burial Mounds with one of the two themes:

4.1 A Tsavo Highway theme with the Orbital Space Elevator wreckage.
4.2 Something similar with what someone said earlier about High Charity wreckage with it.

These are more ideas that I can come with.

X3RO SHIF7
October 25th, 2007, 11:02 PM
1. Rat Race with a theme like Crow's Nest.

3. Midship but with a flood-like theme or something like Cortana (level).

why would you want somthing based off the worst halo level next to library (not lightnings :p, sp) I'd rather not be reminded of it IMO lol