PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] How to drive the Anti-Air Wraith (video included) **may contain spoilers**

Hotrod
October 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Here's a video that shows how to be able to drive the Anti-Air Wraith (something I think a lot of you have been dying to to) I take no credit for making this video. Anyways, have fun with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCOaGfWzpo&mode=user&search=

Also, it's probably easier on Co-op on harder difficulties because you can use the Beam Rifle that the Arbiter starts with to take out the gunner.

Syuusuke
October 9th, 2007, 05:43 PM
But it still seemed that it was Bungie's intention to allow you to drive it?

They probably didn't want you to use it...Gah I don't know.

fatso784
October 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Saw this yesterday night and immediately tried it. TOTALLY AWESOME. You practically own everything.

StankBacon
October 9th, 2007, 07:08 PM
what were all the numbers?

ICEE
October 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
thats really awesome. *runs off to go try*

TeeKup
October 9th, 2007, 07:21 PM
It keeps blowing up everytime I do it. I'm doing exactly what he does. :I

Snaver
October 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Cam cords, unlocked by holding a certain button combo..

Pooky
October 9th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Meh. So it's a different wraith with a better gun.

Hotrod
October 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM
It keeps blowing up everytime I do it. I'm doing exactly what he does. :I

Make sure you press the Right Bumper just after he dies.

Meh. So it's a different wraith with a better gun.

That's the point. Also, it's something not usually usable in the game, so it makes people want to use it even more, well at least it does for most people.

Co Redsonic
October 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Its weird, that you cant use it normaly yet its drivable...plus that they didnt put it in multiplayer...

Xetsuei
October 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Cam cords, unlocked by holding a certain button combo..

In this order, RB, LB, Crouch, Up on DPAD, A.

Jay2645
October 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM
They didn't put it in multiplayer because it's overpowered.

Boba
October 9th, 2007, 09:24 PM
It doesn't work.

Sever
October 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I hope they put it in a map in the upcoming DLC.

It would be awesome to see it in a map where one teams base is ABOVE the other teams, and the high base has two Hornets, two Banshees, and a Chopper, while the low base has an AA Wraith, a Warthog, and two well-placed turrets. There would also be man-cannon infantry access, and one easily-defensible vehicle path leading to the high base. It would be sick.

LinkandKvel
October 9th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I hope they put it in a map in the upcoming DLC.

It would be awesome to see it in a map where one teams base is ABOVE the other teams, and the high base has two Hornets, two Banshees, and a Chopper, while the low base has an AA Wraith, a Warthog, and two well-placed turrets. There would also be man-cannon infantry access, and one easily-defensible vehicle path leading to the high base. It would be sick.

It'd be like Boarding action but with fucking mancannons back and forth between the two. Fucking :awesome:

Mr Buckshot
October 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Ooh very cool, I didn't know they upgraded the Wraith for Halo 3 (I never used the Wraiths in Halo 2 except for in the very last level).

Does this anti-air Wraith have a speed boost like before?

It looks like in the video, you can't board it the conventional way (holding the action button) so Bungie probably intended for us to go through the game without using it, but made the tank usable as a nice surprise.

Pooky
October 9th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Ooh very cool, I didn't know they upgraded the Wraith for Halo 3 (I never used the Wraiths in Halo 2 except for in the very last level).

Does this anti-air Wraith have a speed boost like before?

It looks like in the video, you can't board it the conventional way (holding the action button) so Bungie probably intended for us to go through the game without using it, but made the tank usable as a nice surprise.

Um... it's a completely different wraith than the regular one which is normally useable, and the video clearly shows it can boost

Sever
October 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM
It'd be like Boarding action but with fucking mancannons back and forth between the two. Fucking :awesome:

Kinda. Imagine one base suspended over the other. And yes, the mancannons and air vs. ground combat would be amazing.

Jay2645
October 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM
*Steals Idea and Makes a Halo CE Map out of it*

TeeKup
October 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
it still wont work for me.

Pooky
October 10th, 2007, 03:18 PM
'cause that's a new thing for you.

kidding

ICEE
October 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM
you'd think they'd have made it like the halo 1 wraiths, that were only compatible with an elite biped.

n00b1n8R
October 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM
kthnx

Its weird, that you cant use it normaly yet its drivable...plus that they didnt put it in multiplayer...

because it is = instawin.

Hotrod
October 11th, 2007, 04:45 PM
you'd think they'd have made it like the halo 1 wraiths, that were only compatible with an elite biped.

That's why I think it was something that was done on purpose as an easter egg.

ExAm
October 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Or maybe because they didn't think anyone would get past the instasplosion.

ICEE
October 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
possible. i sure havent been able to

ExAm
October 11th, 2007, 08:41 PM
First time I tried I melee'd the guy twice. Now I see in the video that he melee'd once, an then shot him in the head, which won't stop use of RB, as melee does.

EDIT: You have to melee him once, then hold RB while shooting him in the head. You'll end up with one less bullet in your BR, instead of a whole three round burst being gone.