PDA

View Full Version : D: New gameplay videos

Terry
January 13th, 2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16167&type=mov&pl=game

I noticed that the melee no longer has a lunge and the autoaim is non-existant ^_^

Terry
January 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
..ever played halo 1?

Elite Killa
January 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM
wait... isn't that a video of Halo 2?

Oh, it's H2V. That guy playing really sucks. But a melee without a lunge is just a pointless melee =\

If he was playing with the 360 controller I'm gonna cry...

Stealth
January 13th, 2007, 07:49 PM
who needs the Lunge in the Melee, I see no point in it, I've talked to some of my friends over at TSL who hates it, and as for autoaim, if you want it so bad, then use the Game pad, not the mouse.

Big Birdie
January 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I don't really care about the lunge anyways but it had some uses.

Seeing that h2v gameplay video gave me a wierd feeling for some reason..

Elite Killa
January 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm glad that the lunge in the melee is gone. I was playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live and some kid rushed over with an SMG and smacked me in a blink of an eye and I was instantly dead!

Reaper Man
January 13th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Don't tell us... was this feeling something to do with your little birdie?

Elite Killa
January 13th, 2007, 09:41 PM
lol

It's a good thing that autoaim is gone too. I really hate the fact that on Xbox live, when I'm using a weapon like a BR, it just moves the reticle towards the enemy even though I'm moving towards it myself and I suddenly miss the target and then I'm vulnerable to attack.

Stealth
January 13th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Do you mean the little feeling that you think you're playing it, when it is just a video?
I some times get that, and it bugs me.

Reaper Man
January 13th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm loving the improved graphics and texture resolutions. My god those people playing... they seem reminiscent of UT players. The bloom lighting owns hard too.

Stealth
January 13th, 2007, 10:46 PM
ya, and for the first time in a very, very long time, I've seen some one using a Keyboard and Mouse, not the Game pad set up, only one video, but still, it is nice to see, now poeple will bleve me that Halo 2 Vista is as Real as their computers they're working at.

Love De Lux
January 14th, 2007, 03:02 AM
The graphics looks damn nice. The water in beaver creek :XD:

But the players arent that good at halo...:p

someone
January 14th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Nice graphics and nice water :P
I see that there's no autoaim anymore:woot:
But those players suck. I bet that they're halo 2 xbox players who are addicted to autoaim:lol:

Limited
January 14th, 2007, 05:38 AM
They say it will be released soon after vista comes out? Vista comes out in like first week of february

someone
January 14th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Nope. Vista comes out on the 29th of January.

Source: http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowspaulthurrott/Article/ArticleID/94712/windowspaulthurrott_94712.html

DaneO'Roo
January 14th, 2007, 07:44 AM
:O
things I noticed:

Real time reflection water (makes me wonder if we can apply the same properties to other things *sup RTR visor*) ;)

Blooom lighting, better lightmapping, Higher resolution fp arms, weapons, bipeds i think grass textures and a few other environment textures. Better shaders on the bipeds, newer particle effects, and a whole fuckload of WIN

Bodzilla
January 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
^ the man speaks truth

it was completely "win:

Reaper Man
January 14th, 2007, 08:52 AM
things I noticed:

Real time reflection water (makes me wonder if we can apply the same properties to other things *sup RTR visor*) ;)

Blooom lighting, better lightmapping, Higher resolution fp arms, weapons, bipeds i think grass textures and a few other environment textures. Better shaders on the bipeds, newer particle effects, and a whole fuckload of WIN
The water refractions are awesome too. I'm surprised you didn't know about the improved shaders/particles and bloom lighting already.

Roostervier
January 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
things I noticed:

It is not real time reflection water. Real Time referes to something being rendered at a high fps rate. It is Raytraced Reflection water. Anyway, yeah, that water is hawt. I can't believe the guy came up at least twice on a sniper and didn't bash him in the back.

Reaper Man
January 14th, 2007, 10:01 AM
It is not real time reflection water. Real Time referes to something being rendered at a high fps rate. It is Raytraced Reflection water. Anyway, yeah, that water is hawt. I can't believe the guy came up at least twice on a sniper and didn't bash him in the back.
Raytraced water? Stop trying to sound smart. It is not raytraced. Even Halo 1 has real-time reflecting water. Halo 2, or any other game that I know of does not use a raytracing-based game engine. And your definition for real-time? All wrong. If current hardware could raytrace in real-time... we'd be playing photorealistic games. Lighting-wise anyway.

Syuusuke
January 14th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I want to see Zanzibar...

Stealth
January 14th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I want to see if what the Elites look like in Halo 2 Vista.

nooBBooze
January 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
man i hope h2v´s system reqs wont be too high... would be a shame to miss all that l33tness...

TheGhost
January 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
All right. Going to post this as news.

Roostervier
January 14th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Raytraced water? Stop trying to sound smart. It is not raytraced. Even Halo 1 has real-time reflecting water. Halo 2, or any other game that I know of does not use a raytracing-based game engine. And your definition for real-time? All wrong. If current hardware could raytrace in real-time... we'd be playing photorealistic games. Lighting-wise anyway.
=p My bad. I was thinking of 3ds Max when I said that. I forgot that anything other than game engines call it raytraced reflections, and games call them Real Time Reflections. Either way, if you are in a rendering topic, at least you now know not to say real time reflections...

Boo Diddly
January 14th, 2007, 05:59 PM

? When did Halo 1 get RTR water? All my water has is a cube map...

Stealth
January 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Hey, I think he means glass.
and geuss what, I've found prof that this is really Halo 2 Vista, and not just a moded Halo 2 Xbox map,
2u0I8TLUElo
I posted this video up at YouTube, and I got this Reply

looks like halo 2 xbox live....this video proves nothing
and in reply of his comment, I gave him a Link to the video, and then PMed him with 3 links, one of the video at game trailers, and then one of a screen shot of prof of it was Halo 2 Vista, and then one more of the Video, and in the whol PM it is me telling him that it is Halo 2 Vista not Halo 2 Xbox, and that he should do more research.
here is the Screen shot of the prof,
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9970/seeys7.jpg
look at where the "<=" is pointing at.

Hold E to pick up <BR icon>

Reaper Man
January 14th, 2007, 07:15 PM
=p My bad. I was thinking of 3ds Max when I said that. I forgot that anything other than game engines call it raytraced reflections, and games call them Real Time Reflections. Either way, if you are in a rendering topic, at least you now know not to say real time reflections...
Oh my god... You do realize that you can do real-time reflections in a rendering program? Stop blathering about things you don't understand.

Elite Killa
January 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Hey, I think he means glass.
and geuss what, I've found prof that this is really Halo 2 Vista, and not just a moded Halo 2 Xbox map,
2u0I8TLUElo
I posted this video up at YouTube, and I got this Reply

and in reply of his comment, I gave him a Link to the video, and then PMed him with 3 links, one of the video at game trailers, and then one of a screen shot of prof of it was Halo 2 Vista, and then one more of the Video, and in the whol PM it is me telling him that it is Halo 2 Vista not Halo 2 Xbox, and that he should do more research.
here is the Screen shot of the prof,
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9970/seeys7.jpg
look at where the "<=" is pointing at.
Cool. So maybe if you aren't using an Xbox 360 controller, the controls will be the same as the default ones in Halo PC...hopefully. Man...I can't wait until Halo 2 Vista comes out.

Timo
January 14th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Cool. So maybe if you aren't using an Xbox 360 controller, the controls will be the same as the default ones in Halo PC...hopefully. Man...I can't wait until Halo 2 Vista comes out.
What?
You can customize most games controls to any keys you want.

Stealth
January 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
What?
You can customize most games controls to any keys you want.
Ya for the Key board.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Yea, most FPS games have totaly custom key layout options... I'm one of the people that total redoes the default PC controls, I have like 2 buttons for mellee, and reload... and nade, and swich nade... lol, it depends what manuvers I'm doing at the time, its good to have more then one nade button and stuff... If I couldn't mod my controls in H2V... :suicide:

Edward Elrich
January 23rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Sigh... after playing CMT maps so much, the needler's reload looks very strange. Too bad it wasn't done sooner, Bungie could have used it in the game instead of the cheesy one we'll be stuck with in H2Vista (or until the first CMT maps get ported, then it'll be better.)

DaneO'Roo
January 25th, 2007, 01:30 AM
meh, CMT animation wouldnt work with dual wielding. Besides, bungie haven't fully explained exactly how the needler reloads.

Syuusuke
January 27th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Yea, that's right,

Some dual pistols animations would be nice though *peers at L33T*

Stealth
January 27th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Dual Wielding Spiker Animations would be nice, *looks for L33T under some rocks*
*in a singing voice* where in the world did L33T go!?!

Xegrot
February 21st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Don't bother checking for him under a rock, he's probably hiding away in some hole... if he was REALLY l33t THEN he could fit under a rock.

Oh my god the water in Beaver Creek is awesome. Much better than that over-rippled look Halo 2 Xbox had... at least I think that's what it used to look like. Oh yeah... and the players suck... I mean, whats the point in having two SMGs and only shooting with one like someone did in the video.

EDIT: Grenade effects win, too :D

Agamemnon
February 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
We will never forget gangsta chief, Leet. (http://m6dspinning.ytmnd.com/)